main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So bored, bored, totally bored... Oh gosh, can I go home yet?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, the day is almost over, and I have eaten 4 Krispy Kremes, 6 Oreos, a few M&Ms and few cups of Chex Mix. I'm not that sick but a little jumpy. And nothing was drenched in butter.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    That's quite a "snack", Skyryder. I think I would be sick.

3. DoDoBinks

DoDoBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    geez... talk about cavaties.

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Come with me...
    And you'll see..
    A world filled with pure imagination...

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Assuming I do know your reference, Jay, I'm going to say it's bad to eat all that because look what happened to all of those terrible kids.

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey I survived my snacks. I even got up today and ran my usual two miles on the treadmill. And I'm glad to say I'm thirty years old and I have never had a cavity.

But they are still all here on my desk and I probably won't touch anything today.

In other work news, I cleaned out my fish bowls. The bettas seem happy in their new fresh home. I have had them for two years now. I didn't know they lasted that long.

Edit: One more thing to make work better this morning, I found a sound for my work email that mimics a light saber. It's pretty cool.

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Skyryder, you are scaring me.
    Do we need to have you start hanging out with the OC Fan Force?

D-B

8. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Methinks he should skip the "Initiatory Stage" and just go full bore and move to SanDawg instead...

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Leave yesterday's leftovers alone. That's bad news. I just cleaned our fish tank last night. We just have feeder fishes because everytime we spend the money on an expensive fish they die. Plus we really neglect our fish so they would not last long.

Don't make fun of Skyryder's computer. My laptop's start up sound is the THX sound. The shut down sound is the Cantina band theme. I used to have Darth Vader say, "I have you now" everytime an email popped up but that got to be too much. For a while after the AOTC trailer came out I had the shots and Vader's breathing as my screensaver so it was like watching the teaser trailer over and over (without the little shooting sounds in the middle). It drove one of the consultants who used to work here crazy. :D

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh yes, boring. That's what it is around here, and I feel that if I must suffer than so should the rest of you. I'll try to stir things up and make them more interesting.

11. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    try more butter! It makes it more interesting!
    For example, butter on the lap top, on the computer, on the copy machine, in your mouse, on the neighbors keyboard. But, make it 500 degree butter!

Or, Butter on Krispy Kremes! MMM... Healthy Choice time for lunch.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to admit that you guys are my little rays of sunshine in an otherwise dreary work day. Well, except when I have lunch with Mr. DH.

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah without you guys, I don't know how I'd make it through the slow days.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have gone into a diabetic coma. I'm really not typing this message. I really haven't had that much. I'm just so sleepy. I want to go home, but I can't because I have to go to my roommate's improv show. If she doesn't get a lot of people to show she has to re audition. But I don't care because all I want to do is sleep. Tomorrow is going to be the best day at work ever (read with sarcasim). We are having another presentation tomorrow at lunch were this lady is going to show us the new colors in fabric and carpet for next year!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Jay, DB, JR, CBM you may start your comments now...

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Though I wasn't invited to comment I will. I'm sorry you are feeling tired. I was sitting here watching "Fillmore" and starting to fall asleep. Have fun tonight. You should have invited the fan force so there would be more attendees. I have a camp barbecue to go to tonight.

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You may comment DH, I was just waiting for the gay humor that I was going to get from the guys for having to sit in a presentation about next year's fabric colors.
    She only told me about the show last night, however if anyone is in the area and interested, they are welcomed as I'm sure I'll be by myself the whole time looking dumb. The show is at 9pm at the Improv Olympics on Hollywood Blvd 6366 Hollywood is the address. The show is free. They have a cheap bar and there is no minimum you don't even have to drink. That's that.

17. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    "Everbody needs a little color in their life!" That sounds like a hoot Sky, darn shame I'ma miss it. But look at it this way, it'll get you away from your desk for a few minutes/hours. Can't be all that bad.

The solution to your diabetic coma? MORE SUGAR! well, really you need some quick-absorbing protein food like peanut butter or something like that, but it's more fun to wait for the crash and then go on an even bigger sugar high. Of course the law of diminishing returns gets in the way here, but you only have to make it until you get home from the Improv, right?

18. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    We are having another presentation tomorrow at lunch were this lady is going to show us the new colors in fabric and carpet for next year!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

THE IMPORTANT question, does her curtains match her drapes? ;) :D That's how I read it.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am also curious to find out what colors you guys will be using next year. I need to re-do the sofa (it's really getting bad). What's the hot new color?

As for D-B's comment, I believe James Bond said it best in "Diamonds Are Forever" - "as long as the cuffs and collars match". Mr. DH has to explain that to me.

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Ya gotta love a movie where one of the main characters is named ***** Galore.

EDIT: C'mon Jay, You know better than that. Plus it's the wrong movie.

21. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I thought ***** Galore was the Bond Girl in Goldfinger?

EDIT: Sorry TK.. but you're right.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bond girls typically have great names. Remember Plenty (a small role in "Diamonds Are Forever")? Undoubtedly named after her father. Cracks me up!

Well, my day is just beginning and it looks like it's going to be one of those days. I need something to eat.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Not only do I get to skip most of work today for a presentation on color, but I also get to leave early to go to the doctor. Nothing is wrong just a check up but still leaving early at 3:30 will be great.

Edit: The roommate's show was pretty fun last night. I will invite the group to see her show one Wednesday. Actually, the show that followed hers was better, but don't tell her that. [face_shhh]

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Yes, I know that {censored} Galore was the Bond girl in Goldfinger, but I was referring the Bond franchise as a whole. Next time, I'll be more meticulous in my wording.

Anyway, if it is the name of a character, I don't understand why you feel the need to censor, it, JR. Its not like Im referring to a woman's body part. I just named a character in a film. What about the film title:

What's Up Pussycat?

or the rock group:

Faster Pussycat?

will these become "What's up *****cat?" and "Faster *****cat", respectively?

Methinks you have too tight an iron grip on your edit button!

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Please Jay, Don't push me. OK?

Just please be more conscientious about your posts. I'm not picking on you, I would do the same for anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.