main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, Bradley Cooper as a new Indiana Jones?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by VadersLaMent, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This is the rumor

So, just a rumor. Still, would you accept Cooper as Indy? We all know the story that Tom Selleck was supposed to be Indy but he could nto do it for contractual reasons. I could totally buy Selleck as Indy. But Ford got it and he is Indy. Would you settle for Cooper?

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    ugghhh. just read this.​

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Ugh, why can't we ever just leave well enough alone?

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Who is Brad Cooper?

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, Darabont just shot it down too. ""This is an internet rumor with not a shred of truth in it. I have not pitched an idea for a proposed Indiana Jones movie, nor has anybody approached me with such an idea. The inaccurate report on Latino Review was the first I'd heard of it." Latino Review more like Review Us For Awful Inaccurate Stuff. Hiyooooo!

7. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I can abide by an Indiana Jones with little Lucas involvement...don't like it, but can accept it.
    I would be greatly disappointed if Spielberg didn't return to the director's chair, but I'd accept it.
    Anyone but Harrison Ford as Indy? No. I'm not interested.

CaptainHamYoyo and J_Girl like this.
  8. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Hopefully, as Darabont says, this is nothing more than a big fat internet rumour.

You can't "reboot" Indiana Jones; simply because anything that has come after that has always been a pale imitation of the films themselves, like 'National Treasure' for example. You can't recreate the spectacle and magic of the authentic Indiana Jones films, and Harrison Ford has been the face and name to Indy for over 30 years.

That bloke from The Hangover and The A-Team taking up a coveted role such as Indy? Please, don't insult us.

We don't want some comic actor who is also deemed as a "hunk" to play the adventurer. The charming factor that won us over with Ford was he only had 2 Star Wars films to his name pretty much that launched him into stardom but was still that everyday action hero who didn't have a stereotypical look or character, and that worked for him.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I can't. To me, an Indy movie needs to be directed by Spielberg, written by Lucas and scored by Williams. And of course, Indiana needs to be portrayed by Ford.

If they eventually want to continue or reboot the series without any of those men, they might as well call it something else.

He's not a bad actor.

10. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    No, he's not a bad actor, but he's not brilliant either - and the thing is I feel he's already to established in certain genres and roles to take on the guise Indiana Jones. Thankfully Ford was still testing the water with the action/adventure films and this just suited him perfectly, so he won audiences over.

I think, like you say, certain elements for certain films NEED to be present for it to work. Spielberg, Lucas, Williams and Ford. Without one of them, it will just be an Indiana Jones homage.

Well, unless Lucas pulls his finger out and writes a better story than 'KOTCS' anyway...! :)

11. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  12. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Bradley Cooper as Indy? I just can't do it. Timothy Olyphant from Justified could maybe a part of that, but Cooper? LOL! No, not in this galaxy or any other.

In all reality, I'm not sure I can handle seeing anyone else as Indy and I will settle for just re-watching the first 3 [no Crystal Skull.] over and over rather than try to watch Indy without Harrison.

13. Da'wid Yott

Da'wid Yott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2014
    ...I do not want to insult or offend any Harrison/Han fans, but Harrison is not a brilliant actor either. (referring to Cooper not being a brilliant actor). I agree that Cooper is not a brilliant actor and I am not "sticking up for him either," but he is as good an actor as there is out there at the moment. BUT....Harrison IS Indy and it will be a huge set of disco-balls that will be needed for the actor who accepts that role - to "reboot" Indy. Chose an actor who "looks and sounds" like Harrison and you will get the Routh/Reeves attack. Get someone who tries to make "Indy his own," and you have failure....and a non-Indy movie. It is a rare gem indeed that a reboot can capture the essence and brilliance of the original. (original great film that is)

...but, when the day is over...I would not mind Cooper coming in on a new film, preferably as Mutt...but coming in as a young Indy would not devastate my world either.

14. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I don't think Bradley Cooper sees himself as the new Indiana Jones. And after receiving two Oscar nods in a row, I don't think he would care for the role.

15. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Given that the rumour has been debunked as purely speculative internet guff, I think this thread's done. There's a couple of other threads in this forum regarding further Indy films and the possibility of recasting, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.