main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA So Cal Fanforce Summer Beach Party 8-12-2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    The time has come for another Fanforce Beach Party.

What: An all day get-together at the beach. Swimming, BBQ, volleyball, & bonfire.

Who: All the fanforcers (not just the ones in So. CA)and their friends & family.

When: Saturday, August 12th 2006 A.D. from 10:00-ish am to 10:00 pm (when they kick us out)

Where: Huntington City Beach. Not Huntington State Beach. Somebody decided to put these two beaches right next to each other in an attempt to confuse you. Don't be fooled, we'll be at the CITY SIDE of Huntington Beach
    City = Asti Spumoni
    State = Boones
    [image=http://www.ocstarwars.com/multimedia/imagegallery/2003-06-07-beach/images/DSCN3788.JPG]

It's near the corner of PCH and Beach, once you get to the Beach Blvd entrace, just go right, to the city side of the beach, we wont be far from the entrance, you should see the OC fanforce banner. (if anybody else wants to bring thier fanforce banner also, that's fine)

Cost: Parking is $10 per car. And we're going to ask everyone coming to help by bringing the food and supplies we need. food (we'll need enough for lunch and dinner), drinks, grills, tables, chairs, charcoal, etc. There's a thread in the Pacific forums (or there will be soon) where you can sign up for what you are going to bring, that way everybody doesn't bring potato salad.

2. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Definitely attending this one! I'm excited!

3. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    So we'll be crossing over to the STATE side to use the bathrooms?? [face_worried] I can't hold it for 12 hours and I don't do porta-potties!

4. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Alright!!!! I'm so there!

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oooh sounds fun!

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    POST HERE if you are attending and what you will be bringing! :)

7. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Does this mean there are no bathrooms on the city side? And the State side is the boonies? How do you figure?

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    don't fret, there will be very nice bathrroms near us. Even if you did have to walk to the state side of the beach, it would be a 2 minute walk. They are literally right next to each other.

9. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm bringing carne asada to grill. I'll even try to bring one since I've been meaning to buy one.

10. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Is liquor allowed on the beach? I'd mix up a batch of buttery nipples, freeze them & bring them to the bash.

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Unfortunately, (or fortunately, for those saved from having to see me in a swimsuit :eek: ) I will not be able attend. I wish I could but alas it is not meant to be. :_|

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The Huntington Beach site says no, unfortunately. No alcohol.

13. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    The state side does though. Someone has to get there early to reserve a fire pit.

14. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm good to go adult beverages or none. Doesn't matter to me.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Just bumping this up. We are still going right?

16. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I'll be there early to get a good spot near a fire pit.

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I can't go. I have to go to a wedding. I'd much rather go to the FF party, or have all my teeth pulled out.

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    so skip the wedding. I'm sure they'll understand that their wedding will be lame.

19. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh, I'm sure it will be lame. They didn't even send real invitations, only an email. They're already mad at us because we didn't go to their exotic wedding in the northern part of Japan that would've cost us $5K to go to.. and you should see thier ridiculous wedding registry. They think everyone in the world is super rich. Anyway, I've Hasketted this thread enough.

I went to Huntington Beach this past weekend, after I got back from Vegas. It was very nice. It's been a while since I've been to the beach. Nice views*.

*views that D-B, JT, JJ, and I appreciate.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Are any younglings/padawans going to be at this shindig or mostly just adults? Need to know that before I decide if my own padawan will be joining me or left blissfully at home alone.

21. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Younglings may be brought along, we will have much use for them doing all the lifting and distributing of water.

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Well if there are 'views' there, then I am sure to go.

I'll bring my selection of veggie foods.

[image=http://www.nypl.org/permissions/images/full/ps_the_cd13_194.jpg]

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    i'm in so long as my securing transport plans work properly. which i think they should
    just need to find a friend to convince they want to go to the beach

24. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002

Finding a friend is hard work.

Good luck to you.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JR how many weddings can one person go to? It seems you use that excuse a lot. It is time to think of another one.

I'm now going to make a racist comment:

Why do Asians seem to go to so many weddings? There used to be a Chinese woman here at work who went to a wedding each weekend. I know there are a lot of Chinese people in the world but come on really?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.