O.C, CA So Cal Multi-Group Summer BBQ - August 25 in OC

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Better known as the "30th Anniversary Recovery Party."

Lesley and I are working on organizing our end of summer multi-group BBQ.

It will be held at Mile-Square Park in Orange County. Saturday August 25th.

Pot luck list and other stuff will go up after CCI.

Just a huge heads up. :p

We're inviting all of the SoCal Fan Forces, Sunrider Base, and the So Cal Garrison.

Mark your calenders!

You know what this means, Orange County... You guys get to do some scouting. ;)
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Soo is this like a Beach thing? Anyways..I'll be back at work by then, but ANY excuse to get down to OC.;)
  3. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    im pretty sure it will be on the warner side of the park
  4. TheCrowbar Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's not a beach, it's a community park.. we have had a few picnics there in the past.. it's a lot of fun and it's where James and I had our first 'date' (a star wars picnic actually)
  5. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    And look where that date led... ;) :D =D=

Ok, I think I know where that park is... I believe it is the first meet up with OC that Jos and I had when we were creating our original FF. COOL!!!
  6. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    See if Carolyn wants to come down, Kim. [face_mischief]
  7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sure we can drag her little butt down with us! :D
  8. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be in the Bahamas. I can try and cancel though [face_laugh]
  9. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll take the tickets off yer hands. :p
  10. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone ready for this?

I am!
  11. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Don will be sending me a map of the parking areas of the Park that he has numbered, which I will post later. He told me the park opens at 7am, and that he will be there then, to secure a good spot, then he will call me, and I'll try to get my butt down there to help hold some parking spots for Dennis' smoker.

This is from Mapquest, for those who have never been there, showing all the freeways around the Park:
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/MSP.jpg]

We will start calling people who's numbers we have, say, around 9ish, to tell them what lot to park in. We both have numbers for Rachel, Lesley, Kim and Josie, Emily, Lloyd, Mark, Liz. I have Carrie's number, and Marc's (G-Force) and Chris's and Carole's, so I'll call them. The people who have the numbers of the other on the list can call them, or they will just have to find us. :p

Actually, Don said I could post his cell #, which is 714 403-5487. I said I would help call people, that way, everyone won't be trying to call him at the same time, when they get to the Park.

He also wanted everyone to know that there is a $5 parking fee for the Park.
    [image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/MSPView.jpg]

There is some street parking on Edinger, Euclid and Warner, but parking on the street is iffy, at best. There are areas of No Parking, and the spots that are open can fill up fast. You could also end up being pretty far from our Picnic site. It's worth the $5 to park close.
  12. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww, I feel so loved! :) And consider my butt dragged... ;)

- Kai
  13. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, here is the promised map of the Park with parking lots numbered. I've been waiting for Don to scan the Map so I could post it.

I also took the liberty of renumbering the lots, because for some reason, he numbered them from the top down, not starting from the Park Entrance, which I thought would make more sense, and be less confusing to other people. So that's what I did. If he gets mad at me for doing that, then so be it.

[image=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/Miscellaneous/MileSquareParka.jpg]

Take note that there is only one Entrance. The other roads you see going to the streets are all exits. And I believe all the exits have those lovely tire puncturing gizmos, so if you leave the Park in your vehicle, you have to pay again to re-enter.
  15. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I've been informed by Rion, our Fountain Valley resident, that there is an entrance to the Regional Park on Edinger, but I've always entered on Euclid, so I didn't know about that one.
  16. MandalorFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any pictures posted of the picnic?
  17. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
  18. MandalorFett Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for posting those pics, it looks like everyone had fun!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.