main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific So Cal Under Fire - Going Green

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hi guys. I got evacuated from my home at about 10:30 this morning. I'm currently sitting at school and going to be staying with some coworkers tonight. So far most of the fires down here are still at 0% containment, so all we really can do is wait and pray for the winds to stop.

If you guys need anything board-wise, Please contact Yvette. I'll be off and on but not for long.

2. JanDeis

JanDeis Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2007
    The news said that the winds should die down by mid-day tomorrow. But we all know what that means. The weather forecasters told us, so it can't be true! SoCal is gonna be toast by the end of the week. I haven't heard of one fire getting 100% contained yet. And the number of fires went from 11 to 15 in a day. I'm not burning yet, but at this rate, I'm gonna need to move out of state (preferably away from prone fire zones this time...)

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Try and be more sensative, dude. This isn't really a laughing matter.

4. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Take care, Rachel.

5. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    So this is where you've been, MK! Best of luck from everyone in LAFF, and hopefully you'll be back and without too many problems soon!

6. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    So far I have heard mostly optimistic things lately. Are things improving for everyone affected? *is worried*

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, SD should be getting some better luck because all the firefighters we have in L.A. should be on the move. The Malibu fire is nearly contained, as 1 of the 3 santa clarita valley fires, and the other two up here are fully contained. I think most of them are going to be heading to our one remaining fire and to orange county, but the fewer fires there are, the better it'll be for all areas.

Also, Miana has returned home to be greeted by ants.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    And I kicked those ants butts too. [face_dancing]

Hey guys. I came back to my house last night. Looks like a tornado went through here, but we're doing fine.

9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Yay! Glad to see you're safe and sound, MK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.