main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit So C'Baoth is pretty much a psycho and a racist?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterKeno, Apr 13, 2013.

1. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    I just bought Outbound Flight from Barnes and Noble and going to read it pretty soon.

Read the Heir to the Empire Trilogy novels years ago and couldnt stand the S.O.B.

So pretty much even during the prequels, C'Baoth was kind of a racist and/or looked down on everyone that wasn't all powerful or whatever?

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know about racist, but he was definitely an ***hole and had a level of arrogance that I'm not sure I've ever seen in a character.

If you couldn't stand him in HTTE, I doubt you'll be able to stand him in Outbound Flight either.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Did you have some image in your head of him being some noble figure?

He was a git in TTT, but it had been thought that was due to the cloning, turns out it wasn't and he was an arrogant git by nature.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I read the Thrawn trilogy in the late 90s and don't remember all that much other than how much Thrawn got on my nerves; I guess I sort of expected C'Baoth to be an ass in those books. In Outbound Flight, however, the jack***ery jumped off the page at me, along with the question "How the hell did the Jedi Council let him be in charge of anything, much less a major project?" Oh wait--they didn't. He did a Napoleon and put himself in charge.

dewback_rancher and CT-867-5309 like this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Nah, that kind of thing would never happen in Star Wars circles.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    C'baoth just seems psychotic because he's the only one that's sane. If he comes off as prejudiced toward non-Force sensitives it's because all you non-Force sensitives are just fools incapable of governing yourselves. Get your **** together and he wouldn't have to make your decisions for you.

Jorus C'baoth is superior to you in every way and you should just accept his authority for your own good.

WMIRTUTSF, Esg and instantdeath like this.
  7. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    And this is why C'Baoth is such a great character. We've seen plenty of dark Jedi, but we've never seen a Jedi taken to its logical extreme in the way C'Baoth does. At least he's honest enough to admit that he wants to govern the lives of inferiors. You want to punch him, yet bow down to him at the same time.

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    i loved Outbound Flight, but C'Boath is even more annoying in Outbound Flight then he was in TTT

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Somehow reading Outbound Flight just made me even more curious what the novel would have been like if the insane Jedi Master in TTT would have been an Obi-Wan Clone [face_thinking]