So Celebration 5 was about announcing The Blu-Ray???

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Redfivee, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Now I know CV was about Celebrating Star Wars/ESB and GL was there with a lot of other cool stars but I would of felt cheated if I would of flown to Orlando,spent 1000's of dollars for my flight,hotel,tickets,food and spending money only to get "The Blu-ray's coming out next year".At least with the other Celebrations there were the movies,then the clone wars movie and tv series.This just would of felt like a cheat considering that there's a live action series plus another animated series fully in the works I would of been mad.
  2. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you are only going to a Celebration to be the first to hear some kind of big news then you should save your money and stay home and read the news online.

That is SO not what going to a Celebration is about.
  3. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    All im saying is that from an outside perspective it seems like CV was one big "Buy this" convention...and yeah The Blu-rays coming out next year so you can buy that too.
  4. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was one tiny, tiny part of this. All conventions have tons of stuff to buy. That's pretty much what the entire exhibit hall is for at any show like this.

Yeah, the media focused very heavily on the Blu-Ray news, but there was much more than that.
  5. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was a little bit disappointed have to say, but don't take this as a 'I hated it' feeling at all. I am going home happy enough. :D

Like you, I also wanted to see a news on the live action TV series.

However, I met some of people said it was their 1st convention and they are very 'Coolicious' :)

Every time I am a convention, I am blow away by the customes and amazed how many very talented fans are there.
    This is my 3rd SW celebration experience, so I have meet a lot of actors and crew before, but I can understand for the 1st timers it's way more special to them!

The biggest letdown personally would be I didn't came with any friends at all and not really met anyone that said "Join us, we want to hang out with you forever" or anything, so was a bit lonely, but I know if I came with friends or made future BFFs, my disappointments (of LFL announcements) would certainly be least of my concerns.
  6. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Yeah I was at the first 2 Celebrations and even though C1 was not the greatest environment it felt like we were getting something more out of it with tons of new footage shown and announcements.I'll try and make it to C6 if its not too far away.Maybe it will be different.
  7. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    My thing is, a lot of the celebs/actors there I already saw at the C2 and C3. So, I wasn't really that desperate to wait in line to see them like some of the first timers/crazy diehards. I told some people already, a lot of these panels people waited hours for I actually had NO trouble to get in later without the need to wait in line. Just walked right in!

Even with Main event with GL, I figured with 6 rooms showing it, chances of seeing it is pretty good.
    The only benefit to wait in line for hours is to make friends, but I see a lot of people wait in line keep it to themselves and not socializing... whatever.

If you are going to wait in the line, at least make some friends!!!

I hope I don't get flamed/hated on for saying this, but George maybe the creator behind Star Wars and I respect him so much, but he is not God/second-coming, I don't need to sacrifice that much just to see him over and over.

I would gladly exchange seeing GL next time for making some BFFs.

I had very strong regrets during that night I didn't camp out and socialed with people in the line for MORE time. Only a little.. :(

Hopefully at C6, I am gonna do that all night.
  8. Redfivee Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Your right.It's probably because I too have been to 2 Celebrations and have seen George/The actors a few times and I most want to know whats new and coming up.But the biggest announcement being the Blu-Ray still seems a little wrong since there are 2 big projects in the near future IMO.
  9. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Which?
  10. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, if you're talking about the live-action TV show, there's no news there. It's been covered to death...it's on hold for now.
    What else? The new animated series that Seth Green and team are working on? That was talked about too, but from what I've heard it's too early to talk about much or show anything.

Hard to talk about new projects when there isn't any news to talk about with them.

Star Wars on Blu-Ray wasn't as much the big deal as much as what will be part of that set...the never-seen scenes. THAT'S why those sets will be special.
  11. LordStarwalker Jedi Knight

In my opinion, this is an in-accurate summary of Celebration V. This Celebration was really about meeting and getting to know Mark Hamill, Clone Wars SE3 series news with incredible sneak peaks and enjoying a wonderful Star Wars "night out" at Disney's Hollywood Studios (that included more Star Wars celeberty appearances, including Mark Hamill).

Not to mention hanging out with some of the most positive and polite Star Wars fans you could ever hope to meet. I personally came away with a greater understanding of the Star Wars lore and now have way more respect for the Star Wars community due to attending this event.

By the way, the Return of the Jedi panel with Mark was freaking awesome! It was filled with interesting and very humorous stories about making ESB and Star Wars in general.

12. joesdomain Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was disappointed to find out on the blue-ray dvd release site that Lucas was quoted that the blue-ray dvd's next year will contain all 6 films but the original trilogy will be the 1997 edition that came out in the theaters because they are already digital. Man, if that is true I don't want to see that terrible looking jabba the hutt in episode IV. The 2004 edition should of been used before that one. Maybe the website misquoted him.
  13. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1
    I said this before but is it a Convention or Celebration? We already have comicons and then you have dragoncon. I was hoping Star Wars would be more like a celebration. If I wanted to go to a con I would not choose CV. CV felt like they were really trying to compete with the big cons instead of doing their own thing. At least "the last tour of endor" made it feel like a celebration. I guess disney gets it more than the people that plan CV. I made more friends and talk to more strangers their then I did the rest of the weekend. It was a blast.

Anyways people go to CV for different reasons. New news about upcoming things was low on my list.
  14. DragonLove76 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Do conventions usually have dance parties? Movie showings? All of which are free (included in your pass)

I know they have a lot of booth babes there, and a lot of fans dress up, also many celebrities attend but not sure about movies and parties.

So, this would be the two main differences I think which makes it a Celebration.
  15. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    All Cons I've been to have all these things so.
  16. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Quite honestly I only go to celebrations to hang out with all of my friends from the boards. Having a sw convention is fun and all but for me its really about celebrating something that brought me together with so many amazing people.
  17. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    Glad to hear you all had a Great time, This was the most depressing weekend for me. This was the very first Celebration i had to miss. Thank you again Miana Kemobi for giving the pass a home. I hope there was no issues with the badge. I will not miss another Celebration I do not care what work says next time around i will quit if i have to.

I did not think it would bother me so much to miss one, I can always go to Comic con but that is not a Star Wars Celebration. thank goodness for the internet and places like Face Book i was able to keep up on tabs and see pics and videos. next best thing but just made me kick my self more and more.

May the force be with you all I will see you at the next one for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.