So count Dooku is the toughest of them all

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by MaserPatsatsa, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaserPatsatsa Jedi Padawan

From all the jedi losing their hands in the saga he is the only one not even opening his mouth to say ouch-and he looses both hands.
    windu -worse then a baby ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    luke- tougher but still weeping
    anakin-i do not remmber that good but i think he shouts or something

So there you go Dooku is one tough SOB
  2. Eire Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think in this moment he understood that he was only a part of Sidous' plan. All what he has done was nothing. His master was looking at him witha smile and told Anakin to kill him... what would you say on his place?
  3. MaserPatsatsa Jedi Padawan

But he should still feel pain-both his hands were cut by anakin's lightsaber.On my book that is tough.
  4. Darth_Ogawa Jedi Master

star 1
    Dooku is very tough, but I think Palpatine may have had something to do with making Dooku overthink and become distracted a lot during and after that battle. So it's like the pain was almost secondary to that constant mental interference from Palpatine.
  5. ChestRockwell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Dooku never made any whining noises or screaming or anything when losing his hands because he was so old he had been on perscription meds for arthritus for many years.

Im guessing oxycotin or high dosage of Vicodin.

Under Dr's order's of course. The Count would never take meds without a Dr's advice.
  6. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    I believe that Dooku was so convinced of his superiority to the Jedi and his importance to Palpatine that the shock of losing the duel was more difficult for him to bear than the physical pain of losing his hands. And when Palpatine told Anakin to kill him and he realized that he had been nothing but a tool, that damaged his psyche even more. And despite the situation he was in, he was still too proud to beg for mercy or ask for help. His pride is probably what kept him from crying out over the loss of his hands as well, if he even noticed the physical pain. He may have been so preoccupied with these other things that he barely even felt it.
  7. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dooku was in shock. He could not believe his blindness because at the end he was being betrayed by something hollow and insubstantial. Dooku was a fool.
  8. Adm_Thrawn Jedi Master

star 4
    True dat. Dooku didn't scream because he was so man enough he could get past the pain, but because he realized he was at the end of his rope and that he should've just shut his trap and stayed in the Order.
  9. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    Grow up man.
  10. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus/2014 Celebrity Deadpool Winner

Game Winner
    star 6

Dooku originally had scripted dialogue but Christopher Lee didn't think it was in his character to beg for his life. So they filmed it with him saying nothing. But... his stand-in can clearly be seen shaking his head to Anakin as if to say "please don't kill me" during that scene.

Also Anakin didn't scream when his arm was chopped off. Vader screans when his hand is chopped off by Luke in ROTJ though.

Darth Maul doesn't really scream when he gets cut in half. But then again, I suppose that might have been hard to do after he was cut in the mid section.
  11. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Dooku had severe arthritis. it was actually a relief when his hands got cut off. :p . He didn't cry out because that was his Direction from GL. if he was wailing like Mace then all that good dialog between Palpatine and Anakin would get overshadowed. i really don't think it had much to do with his toughness. it just would have ruined a very good and Quite dialog scene.
  12. darthvaderv Jedi Master

star 4
    As others have said Dooku is a gentleman and his character is to act in an honourable way and not beg for his life.
  13. DUGGY Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I guess that makes Anakin in AOTC a real gentleman too. cause he never screamed out when he got half his arm cut off either. ;) it really would have been just too big a distraction for that very important scene to have Dooku crying and screaming , while Palpatine is nudging Anakin closer to the Darkside and Murder. screaming would have taken away from that. it has little to do with how badass he is.
  14. RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I have to admit that my respect for Mace Windu dropped considerably when he stood there screaming like a stuck pig. Even Luke as a Padawan Learner had the gumption to suck it up. ;)

So far as Dooku is concerned, shock can be a powerful thing. Had he not lost his head, he certainly would have been feeling it the next morning.
  15. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, Dooku took his defeat with HONOR, just like a Mandalorian Warlord!

Canderous would have been proud...
  16. Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't make me cry, I can't spare the fluid.
  17. Seperatist Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't think Dooku is shaking his head to say ''please don't kill me'', it could just be that Dooku is actually trying to prevent Anakin from going down the dark path. So he's trying to help Anakin to become a better Jedi and at the same time he'll survive. For him the blades cut on both sides.(Maybe not the best way to put it!)

-S-
  18. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I actually think that Mace's screams add a lot to an already tension-filled and dramatic scene. When he screams, it really means something. This is the point of no return for the Jedi. Those who watch the film unspoiled were shocked at what went down in this scene, and Mace's screams just added to the insanity. And I mean that in a good way.
  19. Palpy560 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Mace, we'll miss you buddy. :_|

I think all Dooku let out was an "OOO.:mad:" But it was more out of anger than pain. Dooku is a pretty tough senior. [face_mischief]
  20. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Each scream is based on what the actor feels is necessary. Jackson wanted it to be agony. Hamill gave one yell and then shut up. Hayden just grunted. Jones gave a loud "AHHH" and that was that. Lee didn't want to beg or scream.
  21. Adm_Thrawn Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't imagine Christopher Lee screaming at anything.
  22. Darth_Ogawa Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes! Dooku has the old man strength!
  23. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Some people have a highest tolerance for pain than others. Their stimulus is different from other people. When Vader and Luke get their hands sliced, they scream. When Anakin gets his arm lopped off, he doesn't yell at all. When Qui-Gon gets stabbed, his facial expression tells what he's feeling, but he doesn't even as much as wince. When Mace Windu get his hand cut off, he yells in pain. Everyone is different.
  24. andkiich Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anakin doesn't tell when he gets his arm chopped off because Dooku force pushes him and knocks him out.
  25. jedi_jacks Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, I think Dooku was prepared for a hit by anakin, somewhat - he is engaging in the fight. But Mace Windu didn't prepare to be betrayed by anakin, I think the betrayal hurt him more than anakin's wild hack.

Oh, plus, isn't the scene with dooku creepier because he's silent (kinda stoic). And isn't the scene with Mace Windu twice as bad with Mace Windu howling. They both are imprinted on my mind. GL has this psychological thing going in RotS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.