main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion So...Darksaber or Ezra's Blastersaber...which is cooler?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Chris0013, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Which do you think is cooler

1. Darksaber

55 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. Blastersaber

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Lightsabers are starting to remind me of The Three Stooges when they work pipes in the bathoom shower.

Anyway, we saw stuff like that back in the EU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rumsmuggler likes this.
  2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The blaster saber.

3. Sotty

Sotty Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2015
    Omg Darksaber.....that's like asking "milk or chocolate milk"......of course chocolate milk is gonna win out every time!
    [​IMG]

SilentGuy66 and rumsmuggler like this.
  4. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I don't think "Ezra" and "cool" should ever belong in the same sentence together :p

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Vorax like this.
  5. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    The darksaber is definitely cooler.
    I like Ezra's blastersaber, but pretty much just for him. It's kind of hard to picture any really awesome hero or an evil villain with a blastersaber.

6. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    The darksaber fo sho.

rumsmuggler and Vorax like this.
  7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Vorax from what comic book was that from.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Star Wars: Republic #61. Was Jedi Roblio Darte's lightsaber.

9. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd like to see Maul wield the darksaber and the magicksaber in upcoming media. The magicksaber being used on the SOD #4 cover and then being ditched in the comic itself was a huge disappointment - especially after seeing Talzin use hers against Windu.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    That's true, I never really realised that we only actually see Maul use the Darksaber in animated form for about 10 seconds at the end of the Sidious duel.

He uses it a lot in SOD, so I never noticed how little we've seen him in motion using it.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He killed Satine with the Darksaber.

12. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015
    Sorry, I'm a bit new to this. Where was the dark saber shown? I see concept art but was it actually shown on film or described in books/graphic novels?

I'll be in the minority and have a fondness for the Blastsaber...can't deny the part of myself that loves the pew pew pew along with the whooosh hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (or whatever onomatopoeia fits here).

But I'll go for the dark saber because it is epic cool.

13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Darksaber debuted in TCW Season 2 Episode 12, The Mandalore Plot. It was used by the Mandalorian extremist Pre Vizsla, and had been stolen from the Jedi Temple. Eventually, Maul killed Vizsla and took the Darksaber for his own.

I meant in combat. We don't really see the Darksaber much during the stab either.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Am just saying, he also used it to kill Satine.

He only started using the Darksaber in the fight after Savage fell, he was still using his original Sith lightsaber as a primary. They probably got cheap and did not want to animated all the blades(Savage's two and Sidious's two and Maul's two) at the same time. Doesnt really make any sense why he would only use the Darksaber AFTER Savage fell, it would've been ideal to have used while he was still alive. But they really wanted Sidious to win there.

Its unknown whatever happened to original lightsaber, I like the Darksaber and all but I still prefer Maul to wield his signature lightsaber but on TCW they started giving Temple Guards and Krell the doublebladed lightsabers where it became less unique and more common. If Maul was using the duel firesaber/magiksaber whatever one wants to call it, I think the Darksaber was destroyed, in the end panels the Darksaber is noticeably absent in issue #4. Guess well have to wait and see.

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The blastersaber is one of those ideas that makes you go "wow, why didn't I think of that? That makes perfect sense." So yes, it's really cool. The darksaber is also good, but it's essentially just an older version of a lightsaber. So I'm giving the edge to the blastersaber.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I always think Ezra's blaster effect is essentially the schwartz made "realistic" as a joke among the creators - really to make up for lack of skill with sword fighting and reach of their character who was thrust center stage in an arena he had no business being and really placed in Luke's shoes. Its a weapon of a novice kid whereas the darksaber is a weapon of the skilled and the worthy.;)

17. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Or it's the weapon of a pragmatist who recognizes the value of a ranged weapon (especially after it saves their lives). Unlike some other people coughROTSKenobicough.

18. LeiaBuns

LeiaBuns Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2015

Thanks. I hate to say that I've never watched the Clone wars but have been dying to do so.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Maybe. But more the obvious, more to make up for his lack of skill with a blade, his age and height difference and hide his lightsaber by making others think its a blaster, as coming out a Jedi would mean certain trouble or death at this time, and it acts much like Kanan's put together lightsaber. According to Ezra though he didnt think of that when Kanan started running and firing/dueling, yet it was a mere momentary distraction to a trained dark warrior and easily parried by first The Inquisitor. Ezra never fired the blaster at Vader while Vader was about to kill him with his own lightsaber and hand - you'd think that would've been a good time to discharge a bolt at Vader to distract him long enough to release his death grip was basically while he was aiming the barrel towards himself without realizing it. I'm not certain Ezra is that bright. Anyway, it seems to be a stun gun like his ranged wrist slingshot stunner, so its essentially the same weapon repurposed and combined into his lightsaber hilt in a two and one deal. Jedi seem to be skilled in any weapon, Kenobi expertly used a spear in AOTC or the electrostraff against Grievous in ROTS, even Kenobi who fired the blaster to precision skill effect to kill Grievous. Jedi and Sith prefer ligthsabers, as to them its a more civilized weapon and both go back to centuries of tradition and discipline. Lightsabers can be turned into ranged weapons by deflecting the enemy's blaster bolts back towards them or lightsaber throw.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The Darksaber

21. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I've always found the whole "more civilized weapon" thing to be rather amusing. Yes Obi Wan, you cutting Darth Maul in half, or dismembering Anakin, or Mace Windu decapitating Jango Fett, or Luke cutting Vader's hand off, etc. Yes, these are indeed so much more "civilized" than just shooting them. You and I seem to have very different views on what constitutes civilized.

Oh and what saved you from Grevious again, oh yes a blaster. What killed most of the Jedi off, clonetroopers wielding blasters. What killed most of the Jedi on Geonosis in AOTC, droids wielding blasters. Yes, truly these are so much less effective than your glowey laser sword.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Civilized does not mean non- brutal or non war-like. As some of the most civilized societies have always been the most advanced morally and technologically and yet the most war-like and domineering.

Laser swords(Lightsabers) are part've the Jedi discipline and thus part of themselves. Jedi are still warriors, and thats what separates them from say, the Dagoyan Masters. So they're not wholly non-aggressive.

"A strong connection to the Force, the Dagoyan Masters have. Yet unlike the Jedi or Sith they are. Warriors they are not. Intuition, knowledge, the harmony of the universe is what they sense. Passively they connect with the Force."
    ―Yoda

And perhaps maiming people to them, is better than outright taking a life. Remember when Anakin disarmed Dooku, and later executed, he felt wrong and it was against the Jedi way killing and unarmed prisoner.

The sword has very powerful symbolism:

"The sword symbolizes power, protection, authority, strength, and courage; metaphysically, it represents discrimination and the penetrating power of the intellect. The sword is phallic, with the sheath being yonic. It is a symbol of knighthood and chivalry."

http://www.umich.edu/~umfandsf/symbolismproject/symbolism.html/S/sword.html

Jedi/Sith are based on Knights and Samurai and to older disciplines of a more ancient time.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  23. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    The lightsaber used by the inquisitors.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The thing about these weapons is that I have a hard time separating them from their owners.

Like Vizsla reminds me of a biker gang dude who hangs out in bars and when he gets really drunk and starts bragging about stuff he whips out the darksaber and shows it off all "hey guys, look what I got! It's a darksaber! Betchya haven't seen one of these before! Yeah! Ain't it amazing??"

Whereas the blastersaber looks like something the nerdy kid at the science fair made that everyone's impressed with but doesn't really understand. "Uh... so you attached a blaster to a lightsaber? Well isn't that... clever? Nice? Um. You'll have a bright future at the Coruscant Institute of Technology?"

I'm gonna have to think about this one more. I wanna side with the darksaber but I can't get past this image of Vizsla being all smarmy with it.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

This. Ezra's in particular is so forced.