main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion So...Darksaber or Ezra's Blastersaber...which is cooler?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Chris0013, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Which do you think is cooler

1. Darksaber

55 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. Blastersaber

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think Ezra may of been inspired by The Inquisitor's lightsaber, and felt the childish need to one up Kanan("does yours do that?"). The Inquisitor ligthsabers I think suffer for the same criticism. You got the disc on the back is very Tronish, I think the disc was to have been thrown by itself but they never used it on the show(as of yet from what I recall). The unorthodox lightsaber attachment to the back also was used by General Kota and Pre Vizla.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The Darksaber has always struck me as trying too hard to be cool and badass. "Oooh it's black and shaped like a katana!" Meh. Never really won over me, it still looks a bit weird next to normal lightsabers.

Whereas I really dig the utilitarian design of Ezra's Blastersaber, and of course Kanan demonstrated how to wield it like a boss in the Season One finale. I need to see it in more action but I like the ingenuity behind combining the two weapons and the extra ranged options it gives you in combat. Definitely wins the vote for me.

3. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Important to keep in mind originally it was supposed to be a vibroblade until Lucas said no, only a lightsaber could defend against a lightsaber. The black crystal was clearly taken from TFU.

4. Madara Uchiha

Madara Uchiha Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2016
    Darksaber. Because Maul fought Grievous with it.

5. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Ezra's but from me it's not too much of an endorsement. i seem to be in the minority in not at all caring for the darksaber.

also
    [face_batting]

6. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I really want Maul to witness the Inquisitors' tricked-out double-bladed saber and go all traditional on them, disgusted by their mockery of his favourite fighting style! Bonus points if it turns out that he invented it as a child to impress his master, who then called it childish and more a toy than a real weapon.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I doubt Sidious would call a saber with two killing blades childish. It's not his style, but I don't see him knocking the weapon.

8. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I doubt Sidious cares for lightsabers at all. He always struck me as thinking himself above such primitive weapons, only using them to humor the Jedi.

9. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Well all Sith are trained to use sabers, but at his age, he doesn't need a saber all that much anymore.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gaarastar58 likes this.
  10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Wasn't there an EU source that had him express his opinion that the Sith were beyond them...and only used them to humiliate the Jedi?

gaarastar58 likes this.
  11. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    There was, but that's in the past now.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul's new lightsaber has some sorta prong, something like Savage's.

[​IMG]

Wonder if that serves some practical function, for some form of attack or ornamental like some of the Old Republic Sith sabers had sharpened blades.

Canyon D likes this.
  13. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    I bet he made the prong in honor of his brother. I actually felt like they cared for each other in TCW, one of the reasons I love the Maul Brothers arcs.
    I will say that hilt looks awesome, defiantly a cool prop to have for display. if you're into lightsaber hilts

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would have preferred that he restore his old saber.

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Rebels style animation and animated figures can often put one off sadly. Looks the new toy lightsabers coming with the figures now are more cartoon accurate compared to the first wave of Rebels figures that still had movie/realistic style lightsabers(Kanan and The Inquisitor).

16. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm a big fan of the Darksaber, I assume Maul took it with him at the end of "Son of Dathomir"? Very excited about the prospect of seeing him in Rebels too ... but I don't hold much hope that he'll survive!

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Some better detail of his new lightsaber:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ShadowLady86

ShadowLady86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    I may be mistaken but I think that Maul's old lightsabre had longer handgrip and blades. Besides I wonder why Maul is always more or less shirtless. Galaxy os cold out there. :confused:

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

After seeing Sidious dual-wield against Maul and Savage and his duels against Yoda and WIndu, I'd say the Emperor is one of the best lightsaber duelists in the saga. His mastery is great, but given the way he was laughing and cackling in his duel with the brothers, I'd say he enjoys flexing his power in a duel as much as his first apprentice.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Nightbrothers often went shirtless on TCW.(Savage for example). I imagine its part've his Nightbrother culture, the all black represents he's a Sith Lord at the same time. Some Sith Lords in the EU would not always wear much attire. His look may evolve as the show progresses like it did on TCW.

Canyon D likes this.
  21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
  22. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    My favorite line In all of rebels, and I haven't even seen it in context yet haha.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The prongs or crossguard on one end, might be for hooking the discs of the Inquisitor's, kinda strange design.

Canyon D likes this.
  24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Plus he doesn't have nipples to worry about if it gets cold. Dude can rock his pecs wherever he goes.

MandoArtist and darskpine10 like this.
  25. bat22

bat22 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2015
    I'm not a big fan of Ezra but I'll say he built the better weapon. A blaster-saber provides useful options during conflict as well as smart camouflage for a persecuted Jedi. I'm a bit surprised Kanan didn't construct one first.

As for the darksaber... it's a black lightsaber! I can think of a few non-RGB colors I'd put ahead of it.