main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN So did anyone else watch Clone Wars II? ~*possible spoilers*~

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Zar_Valen, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    So, did you? I hope so because it was super cool! Clone Wars II started tonight on Cartoon Network and will run every night this week at 6pm. If you missed out, I think CN is going to rerun all the eps together at the end of the week on either Friday or Saturday.

Nothing too big tonight in the way of action but there were some extremely cool little bits of Star Wars "history" such as getting to see the knighting of a Jedi and a certain droid finally getting his gold on. I'm very happy that the eps are longer this time as watching the short 3 minute installments last time was torture. Can't wait for the rest! And to answer the question someone posed from the last meeting, judging from how Anakin looked in tonight's episode and some of the other character pics I've seen for CWII it looks like this WILL be the place where we see how he gets his scar.

Also, if all my taping goes as planned I should have an extra tape of all the episodes when finished in case someone here doesn't have cable or any other way of viewing them. :D

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Saw tonights episode...not bad. the longer format is much better.

Still wish we could have seen...

- Knighting of.............
    - Anakin & Obi's friendship
    - Clone Wars
    - and a few other things...:)

play out in a movie instead of a cartoon. I do, however like that the Clone Wars are taking place in "real time" leading right up until Eppy III.

3. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I liked the way they did the animation for the aerial and space battles. It was nice to see the ARC 170's and the Droid Army Tri-Fighter in action.

4. Y2Jedi

Y2Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2001
    <----------- See that? You know I'm watching it! Even got the First Season DVD.

I actually liked the shorter episodes. I think it was amazing to see what they could do in such a small amount of time, and more importantly, it cuts out a lot of fluff when you only have three minutes to tell a story.

And I love Cartoon Network anyway. The longer episodes are cool, too, but I gotta say I'm such a fan of the first one it'll be hard to beat that.

5. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Tonights episode was frackin amazing. Even though it was pretty over the top, thats what makes it so fun to watch.

I liked Maces "modified" flying sled.

"Nice shooting"

"Uh, It wasn't me."

"General Windu!"

I think Sae Sae Tin's boarding of the Seperatist cruiser was a nod at Halo 2.

6. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    All I know is, he looked way too cool in that armor, with the helmet and all. Yeah. That rocked.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, it was cool. Very engaging. A little over the top, but cool!

8. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Wedges: Yeah, I agree that I'd like to have seen some more of these important bits of SW story on film but at least we get to see them. Without the cartoon we may not have gotten to see them at all!

Destrukt: It is very cool getting to see all the new character and ship designs.

Y2Jedi: I was thinking the same thing. The first batch of eps definately had a bit more punch. Plus it seemed like they were able to jump around a little more in the sequences. This set of chapters has a very definate storyline as a direct Prologue to Episode III so everything is tied to that.

I know that some of the Jedi action is a little exaggerated and over-the-top but man it's cool!! Plus, who woulda thought an Ithorian could be such a force to reckon with?!

9. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    Wow. Having watched the last few episodes...just wow. That was bad ass. Shaak Ti, is it? I always love when new Jedi come to the forefront and prove to be a real force.

Oh, and Mace's move on Grievous. Yes. That rocked. That's how you beat some ass, Jedi style.

10. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Just watched Chapter 25 online this morning...That really rocked. Who would have thought the cartoons would be so....not to use an overused word here, but dark?

Cool! :cool:

11. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Another awesome run! And a great lead-in to Episode III. Who would have thought Anakin went on a vision quest before, well, the dark times. The "ghost hand" thing was interesting with the vision in the cave. Anakin's story seemed to revolve around the whole cybernetic issue with him going up against the Techno Union. It was also intriguing to see how Palpatine played his role with Grievous and his Jedi protectors.

I also thought it was cool to get to see some of the other Jedi in action. Shaak Ti's character was awesome. It's only makes it that much more sad to know what looms on the horizon for all of them.

Edit:
    Oh yeah, they are running all of the new eps together tonight starting at 7pm central on Cartoon Network. So, y'know, in case you missed'em or want to watch them again. :)

12. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm one of those people who missed all of them, but at least watching them in order I won't have to wait 24 hours for the next episode. :)

13. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    Yeah, thanks for the heads up on that. I had no idea they were all gonna be on. So now I have the DVD of the first two seasons, and all of season 3 on one VHS.

14. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes I watched this show...it was better than CATS. I'll watch it again and again...

15. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I just transfered it to DVD.And I put a menus system,background music and a still shot of the 2nd season poster on it. Very good editing job,If I say so myself. Anyway, I think its way better then season 1.

16. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I finally got to watch Chapters 21-25...really well written!

The 15 minute chapters allow for more story/character development, which is better then season 1-2. And a great way to lead into the events of ROTS.

The scene where Saesse Tiin (with a mask straight out of "Predator" movies) takes a crew of Clonetroopers and boards the Seperatist's ship was really cool! Jedi Pirates of the Caribbean??? :D

Ithorian War Throat...neat trick!

I love the Dagobah/Bespin similarities betwen Anakin's "trials" and Luke's experiences in ESB. The part where Anakin was hangig from the explosion wreckage, was almost a copy of Luke's escape from Cloud City.

The dream sequence, where Anakin sees the black monster take control of the warrior, which ends in that Vader image...was a great foreshadowing to what happens later on to him.

17. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I just watched Chapters 1-20 (Yay for $.99 rentals on wednesdays at Premier)
    This series kicks some serious booty. Can't wait to see 21+!!!

18. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    I have Chapters 21-25 downloaded as .avi files. If you're going to be at the General Meeting I can burn a copy and pass it off to you there.

19. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    You'd be my new best friend! :D

20. Zar_Valen

Nov 19, 2004
    Consider it done. :)

21. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    SO are there going to be anymore after #25? If so, When?

22. Y2Jedi

Jan 9, 2001
    I think 25 is it. Isn't that supposed to be a direct prelude to Ep III?

23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, from what I know thus far, 25 takes you right to page 2 of Revenge of the Sith (novelisation at least) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.