main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So did/are the power cuts affect(ing) everyone here?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by noggins, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    /\
    See how I make grammar something to be toyed with? :)

Seriously though, I'm assuming it hit the whole state so it's safe to assume that Albany got the effects too. I notice the news here in the UK is only focusing on NYC so it's only here on the boards I got to see how much of the state got hit - something I should've figured out since tons of other cities in different states were down as well.

So was it fun or just plain irritating? I guess I should be grateful it's not happening the day before I leave - god knows what the flights in and out are like right now!

2. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    yes, we here in albany got affected.
    but we only were out a few hours in stead of many hours/a day or so. also hearing some places as of today still had no power.

3. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Bloody hell. It makes me hope it isn't gonna be happening again any time soon - like when I've got to fly there on Sunday :p

Well, my attempts to inject life back into here has kinda worked.

Where is everyone?? :confused:

4. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i work a night shift so i sleep and work during the week, thats my excuse for 5 days out of 7. but the wknd, i really don't know y im not on here.

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    30 minutes of no power at home and 6 hours at work. Stopped work at five and went home at six cause I didnt know if I had power and my apartment is very hot.

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I had no power for about four or five hours. We were lucky to get it back so soon like we did! :p Poor people in NYC and Detroit didn't get it back until the next day.

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.