So... do we hate Star Wars?

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is an interesting article from the main page. I read it over and I have to agree with a good portion of what the writer has said. But I don't think I 'hate' Star Wars...

What about you guys?

Do Star Wars fans hate Star Wars?
  2. MasterAdana Jedi Knight

Well, well, well. I do not hate SW at all either but I agree that there are elements that have damaged the SW universe and the philosophy behind it. Since I pursue a much different path myself besides my fandom it is sad to say that especially some of the books are not very impressing and contradictory.

But to say the SW fans have to hate SW is ridiculous.
  3. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I liked the article and a lot of it resonated with me. however, the conclusion that we like the IDEA of star wars is very poinent. It's like most religions, they are all ideas that we put faith in that the basic premises are true and that there is some all-powerful force (pun intended) out there giving our lives greater meaning and purpose than "just this crude matter."
    Many of the truths we cling to are pure ideas that can never be proven -- love, eternal life, existence of a soul, etc. As fans, I think we cling to to the idea of star wars because it reflects many of those same ideas in a totally cool way. Well, we aren't cool, but it reflects them via cool ships and characters....haha.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.