main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, do we have a Jedi Survivors list??

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Blackout, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I did a search at the top of the page but it didn't return any results for this forum. But if it's buried in another topic, please point the way ;)

Now, we all knew (well, most of us) that not all the Jedi would be killed in EpIII, that would just be silly. Vader's going to spend at least a couple of years hunting the stragglers down. Bearing in mind that this will probably be at least a part of the TV series, do we know of any 'named' Jedi that didn't buy the farm in RotS or it's adaptations?

For example, in the movie we see Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin cark it in Palpatine's office (yeah alright, and Mace :p )while Ki-Adi Mundi, Aayla Secura, Plo Koon and Stass Allie die during the Order 66 sequence. I think I saw Luminara Unduli on Kashyyyk, but don't recall seeing her die, although...

In the comic/graphic novel we also see Luminara, Barriss Offee and Quinlan Vos bite the big one.

I've got the novel but haven't read it yet. Input from that would be appreciated! Thinking about it, it's going to be easier to compile a 'dead' list than a survivors list :p

So can anyone add to the list of dead/missing/not-dead/partying-somewhere Jedi? :)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

2. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Nejaa Halcyon, Ylenic It'kla and the "Desertwind" dude don't die either in the film or get hunted down.

Nejaa gets killed by a weird Jensaari dude, Nikos Tyris, Ylenic It'kla is killed when Alderaan is blown, and "Desertwind"'s indentity isn't revealed.

This is from "I, Jedi".

In the Novellisation it doesn't actually list Jedi getting killed, just saying that Jedi are being killed across the galaxy.

And in the PDF file of the Script you can get from the OS, it says Luminara is killed on Kashyyyk.

Other than that, I can't remember anyspecific information, except for Kam Solusar being turned to the Dark Side, Vergere leaving with the Yuuzhan Vong, and Ikrit being trapped in a glass bottle or something.

3. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Just pay attention to actors who haven't got anything else planned for next year. :p

I'm almost done with the novelisation- at the duel. So far I haven't noticed any more details about the execution of Order 66 than was included in the film.

There was that rumor that the actress who played Aayla Secura was in negotiations for the show. She could have some kind of energy absorbsion power a la Vader in ESB... :p

4. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Yoda
    Obi-Wan

There, you have it.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, while I look forward to whatever the TV show or comic might bring, I think it REALLY diminishes the impact of ROTS if you have tons of other Jedi running around the galaxy still alive. ROTS seemed to imply that they were all dead. There was the line on the Tantive where Yoda and Obi-Wan remark that not a single other Jedi has made contact.

So let's hope they're all dead!

6. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    True, but not making contact =/= dead. It's certainly possible that some are out of range, are not leading clone troopers, or managed to survive their respective ambush. Maybe.

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    well, during the Emperors address to the senate, he does say that the remaining jedi will be hunted down. And thats after he issues order 66 and we see all those deaths.
    When they took time to change the code at the temple, warning all survivors to stay away, I assumed they did that for a reason. I dont think all the Jedi were killed. I'm not sure if they'll be a part of the TV show though.

And cobranaconda, I always thought of "desert wind" as Obi-Wan. He seemed to fit the description. I thought they were trying to imply it was him with all the references to the desert.

I havent seen anything that names survivors from the films, and I dont think they would base the TV show on EU information.

8. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I don't think it was implied that all the Jedi were killed in RotS. Clonetroopers couldn't have killed all of them; I think the implicattion was more that Vader's next task in service to the Emperor was to hunt down the rest himself.

There's a young readers book which takes place soon after RotS titled The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission. This is the plot summary:

A few months after the events in Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan Kenobi finds himself settling into his exile on Tatooine. In between guarding baby Luke Skywalker, he finds himself becoming accustomed to the life of a hermit, regretting the loss of Anakin, and brooding about the Jedi lives that were lost. But when he hears that former Jedi apprentice Ferus Olin is alive and a wanted fugitive on the planet Bellassa, he feels compelled to help save him. But can he risk leaving Luke unguarded? He eventually goes and finds himself alone, without backup, and facing the scrutiny of the newly formed Empire. Little does he realize that by helping Ferus he?ll help plant the seeds of the Rebellion that will eventually overthrow the Empire.

9. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I agree with arrowhead. I do not believe all the Jedi were supposed to have been killed in ROTS. In addition to lexu's example with Vader hunting down the Jedi, there are other references to Jedi in the galaxy. Obi-Wan recalibrating the code to "warn all remaining Jedi" to stay away and Sidious telling the Senate that "the remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated" are in the film to let us know that there are Jedi left out there.

You people crack me up with your use of literature as an answer to something in Lucas's film. As if he couldn't throw all that to the wind if he wanted to.

10. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    The new databank entries on Kashyyk confirm that Luminari Unduli was killed by her clonetroopers.

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Acording it fan films, ahell of a lot.

12. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    I have the script. It says that Shaak Ti died in the Jedi Temple at the hands of Anakin (Vader). It just ended up being a scene Lucas took out.

I would think that there must be some Jedi who didn't die at the hands of the clones or who weren't in the Jedi Temple at the time of the execution of "order 66". But, then again, you'd think they would have answered the fake call to return to the Temple. It would definately be cool to think that Vader spent the next few months or years hunting down the rest of the Jedi. After all, he did "help hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights." But, I'll have to agree with youngvader....

Yoda and Obi-wan.

That's it.

Oh, and Cobraconda, you've gotta take that EU literature as a grain of salt. In other words... it just isn't real. Don't believe that stuff.

13. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    We never see what happens to Jocasta Nu either.

I can see a TV show about a Jedi librarian. Non stop action there. :p

14. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    When Anakin walks into the temple in the game he stabs Jocasta Nu. Echuu Shen-Jon survies by hiding in Krant but is later killed by Vader helping the alliance.

15. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    I think I wanna rent the game just so I can kill Jocasta Nu.

16. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    LOL
    That does sound satisfying.

17. menttality

menttality Jedi Master

May 26, 2002
    Goodfellas: "Finally I get to kill Jocasta Nu!"

Jocasta Nu: "If I didn't die in the movie, then my death doesn't exist!!!"

18. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3