So far behind...

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by womprat99, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. womprat99 Jedi Padawan

Hey, all. I'm new to the forum, but am glad to see so much support here locally.

I am so far behind in the SW colleciton of action figures, it's not funny. I left off somewhere near the end of the TPM line.

What can you recommend as the easiest and most cost effective way to get back on track? I appreciate any help.

Thanks.
  2. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey welcome to the boards! I do alot of figure collecting so I'll voice my 2 bits on this. I'll assume you're like the rest of us and have a limited budget and can't buy in mass quantities. The line that you have missed is the Power of the Jedi (POTJ) line that had a lot of figures (Rebelscum.com has checklists) There are a few left in stores but most of them have dissapeared- so pick up what you can in the stores. The ones I've seen alot of are Tessek, Jar Jar (tatooine), Lando (bespin escape), and Ketwol. A few Shimi's and others scattered here and there. Other than that its a toss up. A pretty good online dealer that I've bought both new and vintage figures from is brianstoys.com . good selection and pretty decent prices. You can even purchase like 10 random carded figures (their pick) for like 20-something dollars. If you've got favorites (or like I do) focus on a particular aspect (like all Han's, or Jedi's or just droids, ect- those can usually be purchased too.. Happy hunting!
    PS- we will be meeting at the 24-hour Wal-Mart in W.Jordan on the night of the 22/23 for the Ep II toy release!
  3. darth_toad Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey

I definately agree with Alan. I have had 1 bad experice from Brians Toys. And sometimes they tend to ship the wrong stuff. But I stll buy from them.

f you get to west Valley much there is a fred meyer on 3500 south 4000 west that has quite a few of the potj figures like: emporers wrath Vader, X-wing Pilot Luke, han Death Star Escape,Shmi Skywalker, Kewtol, Duro, & some other misc.

they are usualy pretty good about the stuff.

I would check a palce up in ogden as well called heebeegeebeez. They have much-grande figures and they will ship local. If your interested int he older figures they have alot of loose ones for cheap there too.

http://www.heebeegeebeez.com/index.html

Maybe this will hep ya out
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.