main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi So happy to find my kind!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by rowan_greenleaf, Jan 1, 2016.

1. rowan_greenleaf

rowan_greenleaf Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    Hi guys, my name is Rowan and I am from Boston, MA.
    I have been wanting to think and talk about Star Wars, I've had this urge to overanalyze and speculate and obsess about it, but no one around me is interested in the least. So happy to find a community where I can talk about it until I'm blue in the face, lol. Happy New Year!

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Rowan, welcome to the Boards. You have certainly come to the right place.

Nice Elven surname you have there! :D

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

rowan_greenleaf likes this.
  3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    So do you like green leaf tea? I'm curious about how you came up with your username

Welcome to the boards, this is a great place to hang out

Any questions, please free to ask :)

4. rowan_greenleaf

Dec 31, 2015

Ha, well I've had this online username since I was about 14 (long, long time ago in a galaxy...you know the rest) and Sith-I-5 got it in one: it's a reference to my Lord of the Rings fangirling of Legolas Greenleaf from back in the day. :D

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

5. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Ah okay, I never got into Lord of the Ring too much, maybe it was too long because I would keep falling asleep through it....

6. rowan_greenleaf

Dec 31, 2015

Ha, I feel the same way about The Hobbit film trilogy.
    Honestly with some exceptions I'm more of a book than film person, and that's how I first got into Lord of the Rings. The books are incredibly dense but well worth reading.

Etav Byx likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I read Water for Elephants before the movie came out and the book was way better. But the movie seemed to move a little fast to actually understand the plot line...

8. rowan_greenleaf

Dec 31, 2015
    Haha, the presence of the actor who played Edward in Twilight made me steer clear of that movie, but I did hear good things about the book. On my to read list, thanks for reminding me!
    By the way I just got the novelization of The Force Awakens on Kindle, let's see how it goes.

9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Hi! I know the feeling so happy to be able to discuss it with people who care it about as much as I do, been a huge fan of ST since the PT then it inspired me to go back and watch the old ones love all the movies :)

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!! I linked you to the http://boards.theforce.net/forums/northeast-regional-discussion.10088/?prefix_id=225]Massachusetts[/url] Fan Force in another thread, but I also want to recommend http://boards.theforce.net/forums/community.10851/?prefix_id=18]Community[/url]: Amph for lit/movie discussions and http://boards.theforce.net/forums/non-star-wars-fan-fiction.10808/]Non-Star[/url] Wars Fan Fiction for fanfic, if you're into that! (There are a lot of Lord of the Rings stories :D )

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!