main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So here's the scoop...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Indianasthedogsname, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indianasthedogsname

Indianasthedogsname Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I need a short story (SW or no, preferrably Scifi) to make into a film to enter in a film fest in my town. The time limit is half an hour and it's due August first. Thanks!

ITDN

2. Darth_Jerak

Darth_Jerak Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    maybe post in the lit forum.

-Kol.

- More people willing to give up their scripts there I bet.

3. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Hey, no problem! I'll whip that right up for you! Would you like a complete set of storyboards to go with it? I could also go ahead and build all your CG sets and CG stunt double while I'm at it!

-tm
    *Pa-leeeease.....*

4. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    your going to enter a half an hour film by Aug. 1?

today's July 20... i dont think u'll finish in time... considering you dont even have a script... its hard to make a good film in 12 days...

unless you had little to no special effects and it was all filmed in your back yard along with a very unrefined script...

5. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    :D

I think Halibut or TAC might be willing to help?

::runs for cover::

I love you guys! (tee hee)

*Ahem* well, man I certainly wish you luck, but you do, as Lots mentioned, have one heck of a deadline.

Peace

~DK~

:D

6. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    you're gonna make a film in 11 days............suuuuuuuure

7. Sage_Halcyon

Sage_Halcyon Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Uh-huh. When I first saw this topic pop up I said, "Yep. This is gonna get real ugly real fast." Too bad I was right.

8. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    hmm...

you'll be needing all the help you can get.

tumblemoster, i can help you with all that stuff if you need any help...

9. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    Hey, no problem! I'll whip that right up for you! Would you like a complete set of storyboards to go with it? I could also go ahead and build all your CG sets and CG stunt double while I'm at it!

[face_laugh]

10. Venardhi

Venardhi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Here is one, its about you, desperatly working on a film to enter into a competition in less than 2 weeks. The movie shows you asking people on a forum and then quickly putting it together, just in time.

11. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    good to see your all being positive...]

but if you need MY help, i am willing to give it..

12. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    It's a very tight deadline for an 'up to half hour' film! Although to put it in perspective quite a few people where willing to enter into the 48 hour fanfilm competition, which is insane compared to this. I would suggest making it really 'short and sweet'

What resources/location etc, do you have Indiana? Really you need to utilise what you have available if you are going to pull this off. What actors etc do you have, what ages are they, and what locations are easy for you to shoot in?. It could be good fun to try to finish a movie in two weeks, but really without knowing what we are dealing with, it's a little tricky to just throw a script over the fence that is going to be useful, and acheivable, considering we have no 'brief'

13. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Well, I did film my second movie in 4 days. And I had finished the script just a few days prior to filming.

I had a deadline just like the one you have now. The thing that made it work for me was that I told myself absolutely no special effect. Since you want it to be a sci-fi flick... Uh... That's gonna be hard, not trying to get your hopes down.

However, I repeat it is possible to make it. You just have to know your limitations, what you can and can't do within the time you got.

14. Indianasthedogsname

Jun 19, 2002
    Well, Special effects wouldn't be that hard, because AlamDV is so easy to use. I animated a clip with my sister shooting at a ship in the sky with a laser gun and it was only less than a day. Allright, to all who replied thanks, but tumblemoster, cut the sarcasm. Actually, Venhardi's idea is really great. I will look into that. And DaftMaul-- I have nearly no budget (films have been made befor like this!) My MiniDV cam and my friends. I live really close to a forest and that would be the backdrop for the most part. And script is no problem if it needs a rewrite... GL was still finishing the ANH script while they were shooting the set scenes. All my friends are 14-16, with moderate acting experience. I have a bunch of weird clothes and props so that's no problem. Thanks again to all who responded!

ITDN
    PS-- If you don't know what my name is from, you should get out of these boards!

15. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    "but tumblemoster, cut the sarcasm"

Yeah, stick up for yourself!

Anyway, what kind of story are you wanting to do? You told us what you have available. I guess someone could try to write something with that in mind but it would suck if you didn't like it or it wasn't quite what you were wanting. I mean, are you looking for a story with nothing but Jedi in it, lots of dialogue, or lots of fights, etc. Give us an idea of what you're aiming for. I'm sure you at least could tell us what you think would be cool to try.

16. gameboyry

gameboyry Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2002
    hmm A Jedi meets a sith, oh. . IN THE WOODS! The sith has a um, . . .Double Bladed Saber, while Duel of Fates plays in the background!
    Damn I'm Creative!

17. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    "but tumblemoster, cut the sarcasm."

Oh yessir! So sorry sir! Let me shine yo'ur shoeses for you Sir!

-tm
    *So I've finished all you special effects for you, where should i upload them?*

18. Indianasthedogsname

Jun 19, 2002
    Ok-- I have a story. I took what Venardhi said and I will make a mocumentary (not SW, but it's still going to be pretty good)! If anyone cares, I can post the script when I finish it (probably on monday). My formatting is almost standard, but I take some shortcuts because I have it all in my mind. I promise I will make a SW film soon, a parody mocking all SW nerds (including myself). I have written part of that and planned to shoot this summer but my actors and I put it off until the school year because we're all kinda busy. I'm guessing this mocumentary will be between 15 and 20 minutes. I am keeping it totally bare-bones, with about five or six people (don't ask how I will do it!) in all including actors. I understand gameboyry because Jedi are becoming too uninteresting in fanfilms these days, and somebody should make like a golden age of the sith era movie, not sextuplogy (is that how you spell it?) era. One last thing. Is it me, or is tumblemoster some real-life Gollum type?

ITDN

19. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    A mass of animated clay in human form?

Oh, that's a Golem. My bad (or rather, "My precious").

M. Scott

20. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    ::Random Quote::

Sean Connery: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. :)

21. Starbux

Starbux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
  22. christmastom

christmastom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2002
    Gameboyry, that is pure genious (sp?...it's early).

23. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    "but tumblemoster, cut the sarcasm."
    [face_laugh]ha ha ha ha ha ha [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.