main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi So, hi?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DBZGTKOSDH, Mar 14, 2014.

1. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    I've been posting for a while, so I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm 19 years old, I'm from Greece, and I've been a fan of Star Wars for 10 years by now. I fell in love with the movies when I first saw them, so I hunted down and bought all 6 movies (Prequel Trilogy DVDs, 2004 Original Trilogy Box Set + Limited Editions). I'm not very familiar with the Expanded Universe though, I've only read the Tales of the Jedi & Jedi vs Sith comics, I've only played The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition & The Force Unleashed II (and Battlefront II, but not the story), and I've read various EU things in Wookiepedia. I'm currently planning to watch The Clone Wars on summer.

So, that's all!

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC! You should definitely check out Star Wars TV if you end up liking the Clone Wars series (and I hope you do!).

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions! That's what we're here for :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome DBZGTKOSDH! :)

The more you read and talk on here, the more you'll learn about SW. Don't worry. Just take a look around. :D

Btw, are those letters in your name random or do they mean anything? Like Dragonball Z / GT etc?

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the forum, DBZGTKOSDH!

That's the craziest and most cryptic user-name ever! You'll fit in right away here, and I hope you enjoy your time on the boards!

:D

5. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! :D

You found it! It is related to Dragon Ball, since I'm a big fan of it as well. It stands for Dragon Ball (manga & anime), Dragon Ball Z (anime), Dragon Ball GT (anime), Dragon Ball Kai (anime), Dragon Ball Online (game, continuation of the manga), Dragon Ball SD (manga adaptation of the... manga), and Dragon Ball Heroes (game & mini-mangas). They are the sub-franchises of the DB franchise. I was registering in a DB forum, and I didn't know what user names I should add, so I thought "why not this?". :p And now I've sticked to it.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's cool! :D If you like, you can re-post the reason and the way of finding your username http://boards.theforce.net/threads/newbies-oldbies-how-did-you-come-up-with-your-user-name.13328646/]here[/url]. :)

I didn't know that there is so much about DB already. I stopped watching it after/during Z. Only a few of GT have I seen, I think. Can't even remember it exactly. But it was a funny story in the beginning, I just got annoyed about the long review. It took mostly 1/3 if not 1/2 of the show each time... like they wanted to fight dementia... [face_plain] :p