main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania 'So how am i going?' It's Idol time again!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Darth_Dicko, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dicko

Darth_Dicko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    due to the most unfortunate circumstances i have been unable to watch my TV counterpart this season.

as a result i am relying on you to inform me of the goings on.

BTW, i have had a hair cut i noticed

2. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    I hate that show, it makes me cry. [face_worried]

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    dicko's my fave, though when he stops all over people's characters is really bad.

but in the end he's the one who signs the contact for the idol

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Gotta say I don't mind that Dicko, he's not the cruel bastard Idol publicity want him to be for their promo's. He's actually quite an insightful and intelligent man with a pretty decent sense of humour. Even that stupid Pauline = fat thing that got blown out of proportion last year was meant as a suggestion to improve her performance, there was nothing callous in it.

My prediction for Idol this year is a big launch then a tail off until the last 6 contestants when it'll be an Idol frenzy again. Its premiere audition shows both ranked in the Top 10 rating programs for last week.

Hopefully the gossip about Inside Idol going 5 nights a week (and being hosted by Leah McLeod since her Ch9 contract wasn't renewed) after the audition stage is done and the final 14 or whatever move in together aren't true. That whole thing stank of lame last year.

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm doing my usual. Watching the first episodes where everyone is really bad and you can't help laughing, then leaving it until the last few weeks or so at which time I'll tune in if I see anyone I like.

Something that's been bugging me, though...weren't there supposed to be two panels of judges to get through before you got to the 'big three'? And if that's so, why were there really crappy people shown in front of them?

6. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] I saw some of this last night and it's hilarious, although my sister says it gets boring after the audition stage. Of the bits I saw, I LOVED the Casio brothers and the Pizza delivery boy. Very very very amusing. Those people are either brave or incredibly stupid for putting themselves through the audition process. There were points that I wanted to cut my ears off so that I wouldn't have to listen to the awful singing anymore, coz some of those were just terrible, maybe their parents lied to them as children and told them they could sing, or maybe they can sing and were just having the worlds worst stage fright. Now I can sing, but I wouldn't audition for AI, partly because I don't think I have what it takes to be good in the music industry, I couldn't take all the criticism and the rubbish the media heaps on you, I much prefer to give after midnight recitcals on friend's balconies! And besides, I have a song recorded, so I don't need to go on AI to make my fortune as it were, because I feel very rich with what I have.

7. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll explain the way it happened at the convention centre in sydney (I love my work).

You registered, and waited for your number to be called. Although you do have two panels of judges before you go into the big three, you can be a pretty bad singer and make it through. The two earlier panels are just to make smaller numbers for the main judges to watch.

And it's painful to watch 3,500 people trying to fit into Convention Centre South.

8. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    So the other panels toss out some good singers and some bad singers, essentially helping the judges chose, making the real judges jobs redundant?

9. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    They don't toss out any good singers. They toss out the bad singers that aren't good television.

After the initial auditions at the convention centre, any successful people had an appointment at Randwick to face 'the Big Three'

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    is that shown on TV?

i haven't been keeping up but i remember the audtions last year. my fave was courtney act who should have gotten into the final instead of that dumb lauren girl! (even though she went to my school) i think it was PC that didn;t get her/him through.

but dicko was the best judge at world idol, he actually said stuff that was inrelligent and witty insetad of hoeing you down like simon

11. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Only the auditions with 'the Big Three' are shown on TV.

12. CCD

CCD Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    The auditions were a total cak [face_laugh] I almost died laughing when he tore down that "wood nymph" from Tasmania! I know people like that and it was sooo true! [face_laugh] The transsexual Goth from Brisbane was hilarious too :D Dicko rules!!

13. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    "You aren't Pretty Enough, you can't sing and you have no talent."

14. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    There looks like there'll be a lot of great talent this season. How was that lady who auditioned 48 hours after giving birth?! :eek: Woh...she was amazing.

15. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    stinrab: Your replies are rare and glib.
    In short, I find you offensive.

:D

16. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I wonder if this will turn into...

FANFORCE IDOL

This week on FanForce Idol, we're going down to the Oceania region to meet some of the hopefuls who are auditioning for their chance at stardom.

17. Exploding_Chicken

Exploding_Chicken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 23, 2002
    *Waves a hand at Milney...*
    You will find no talent here... :p ;)

18. BecJedi

BecJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Your replies are rare and glib.
    In short, I find you offensive.

I've been trying to get over a really hard break up. Please forgive me for not being on the forum 24/7.

Fanforce Idol? What exactly would Fanforce Idol audition, milney? I'm seeing plastic lightsabres and wookies...yes, lots of wookies...

19. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    They would audition to find the biggest Star Wars fan (ie. geek).

Plastic lightsabres and wookie's are a must if you want to impress the judges.

20. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Yes, I concur. Not to mention several Jedi cloaks and out of proportion Star Wars Millenium Falcon toys... [face_plain]

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    will vader suits and princess leia dresses sufffice?

22. Darth_Dicko

Darth_Dicko Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2003
    *coughs*

i guess

could i play a not-so-small part in it?

23. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I don't know. Can you? o_O

24. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    I love it when you see contestants who act as though they are waging their entire career on winning, and don't make it past the first audition, and chuck up a stinmk when they dont get in.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!1

25. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Yes, anything to enchance your Star Wars geekiness, uh, i mean, appearance is allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.