main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary So how many Marylanders are going to C3?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Experiment626, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    Is anyone else going?

Hubby and I went to C2 and absolutely loved it. We drove then, but this time I found a deal on Priceline where we can fly from Pittsburgh (which is closer for us than BWI or Dulles anyway) and stay in the Courtyard by Marriott across from the RCA dome for $200 each. Yup- $400 total for 4 nights hotel and airfare for 2. I couldn't believe it!!

The only bad part is that it's a commuter jet- (like a 25 seater I think) and hubby isn't a great flier. I haven't told him about the plane yet. I'm thinking I won't say anything and just get him drunk beforehand (which is usually what happens when we fly anyway LOL!) :)

2. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I've never been to any kind of convention (not including job fairs in College, and that was quite a while ago).

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd like to go. But I haven't actually spent much time looking at plane tickets and stuff, I just assumed I wouldn't be going.

But with your great deal, it does encourage me to look through the different prices.

4. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I definitely won't be.
    Conventions just aren't my thing.

5. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Oh, come on, Lin. It'll be fun! :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

6. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Too expensive!!!

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Same here. I could have done it even with great airline and hotel deals, but it really was pretty selfish for my family. There wouldn't have been a problem, but I just couldn't overcome the guilt. I'll just have to live vicariously through those who are going.

8. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    Ah well, I was hoping to meet up with a few of you in Indy. Instead, I promise to have a great time for everybody!! :)

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll be there!! C2 was a blast and I wouldn't miss this one for the world!! I'm staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. Where are you at?

John

10. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    We're at the Courtyard too! (The one downtown). :D Are you flying or driving?

11. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    That's the thing. I can't decide if I want to fly OR drive. Last time around, the parents went out with me and they drove. This time, I'm going with a friend, but he wants to fly, and I'm not sure if I want to do the same. Granted its faster, but the way I see it, its all about the road trip and the buildup to it. It would also give me a chance to listen to my 7 CD's full of 230 Star Wars different tracks. What are you doing?

John

12. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    We drove to C2, and other than being completely bored across Ohio, we were fine. This time we're going to fly because of the deal I found on Priceline- it's actually cheaper that way! We're closer to Pittsburgh so we're flying from there on United. If you want to fly I'd check fares on United from Pittsburgh or Southwest from BWI as they're normally the cheapest.

Are you going to the FF/501st party on Friday night? If not maybe we can meet up somewhere else and have a few drinks! We Marylanders have to stick together!! :p

13. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Well, it looks like I'll be going too. :)

My friends and I are most likely driving. We'll only be attending Friday and Saturday. Thursday and Sunday will be used for travel. If for some reason we decide to fly, then maybe we'll attend more days. But we have to make those decisions soon so we can buy the Celebration tickets.

14. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    Yay Mogook! The more the merrier!! :D

15. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I just bought a ticket for Saturday...

I will probably drive.

I haven't gotten a hotel for Fri or Sat nights yet... will look into that tomorrow.

16. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    w00t! I guess I'll see you there, Ian. :p

<CTMS>

17. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Well it looks like I'm flying out there, since I don't want to make the drive out alone. And yeah, driving across Ohio WAS pretty boring. Plenty of flatland out there.

And yes. I AM going to the FanForce party on Friday. Should be lots of fun. Hopefully better organized than the last one they had. There's also some people getting together to go to Jillian's on Thursday as well. But I'm definitely up for hanging out with some local people while out there.

John

18. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    No reason to come out of my cave for something overpriced, overcrowded, and underwhelming. :D

19. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    Cool John! We're thinking of going to Jillians on Thursday too (depends on how tired we are since we are flying in that morning). We'll look for you at the FF party for sure (I think I remember reading that you're making a name badge?) :D

Anyone else want to meet?

20. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Unimpressed with the current guest list at CIII...

21. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    Unimpressed with the current guest list at CIII

And evidence for underwhelment is best demonstrated by this lack on the list...ta. da.

22. JayPetey

JayPetey Jedi Master

Oct 31, 2003
    I am certainly going. I am staying at The Courtyard (I think near the airport.. not entirly sure, I'll have to check on that).

I got my tickets a few months ago, and now I am just antisipating the whole thing!!!

I live in Bel-Air, by the way.

23. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    When are you guys getting into Indy? I'm arriving on Wednesday at around 2 i think.

24. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    Shoulda...woulda...coulda...but I'm not going. Wish I had the funds to do so though. Looks like I'm stuck in Havre de Grace.

25. Experiment626

Jan 31, 2005
    Quote: When are you guys getting into Indy?

We're not getting in until Thursday morning around 9am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.