main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary So how many Marylanders are going to C3?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Experiment626, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Looks like I'm stuck in Havre de Grace.

Could be worse - you could be stuck in Perryville.

2. Jedi0824

Jedi0824 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Grew up in Catonsville, Went to MSJ, now I live in Colorado, although I come home for visits at least twice a year. I'm going to C3, staying at the Embassy Suites, would love to meet up with some fellow Marylanders. Anyone have any Ideas for a meeting place?

3. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Grew up in Catonsville, Went to MSJ, now I live in Colorado, although I come home for visits at least twice a year. I'm going to C3, staying at the Embassy Suites, would love to meet up with some fellow Marylanders. Anyone have any Ideas for a meeting place?

Well if anyone's been over to the C3 threads on here, there's a lot going on during the week. Wednesday night there's going to be a few of us singles getting together somewhere, Thursday there's gonna be a lot of people going to Jillian's, Friday is the FanForce party and Saturday is some party thing called Celebration at Celebration. So any of those would be a good idea for a palce to meet up. And both me and Experiment626 happen to be staying over at the Courtyard by Marriot.

4. FairyChica78

FairyChica78 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2005
    Another Marylander, Bel Air to be exact, going to CIII. It's my first SW con ever and I'll be flying in on Thursday and staying until Sunday afternoon with a friend from Miami. I'll be staying at the Econo Lodge in downtown Indy which is about 1.5 miles from the convention center.

5. JayPetey

JayPetey Jedi Master

Oct 31, 2003
    Where in Bel Air do you live Fairy? More exact for me would be Abingdon.

6. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    So does anyone feel like getting together at the Jillian's in Indianapolis on Thursday the week that we're out there? There's going to be a lot of people congregating there that night. Should be fun

7. Jedi0824

Jedi0824 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Planning on it, after the opening ceremonies, what is going on, Wed. night, since the celebration is not opening until 12:00 Thursday.

8. FairyChica78

Mar 18, 2005
    I live right in the heart of Bel Air near Harford Mall to be exact. I actually just moved to Bel Air from Towson but grew up in Bel Air all of my life. I'll have to see about going to Jillian's on Thursday night as my friend going with me may want to do something else. Anyways, can't wait to meet other Maryland SW fans out there!

9. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Hey, Bel Air! I'm in HdG.

Sadly, I will not be going to C3. [face_envy]

10. KnightThomas

KnightThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Ugh, I know most of you don't know me. But I'm an under age Star Wars lover, and well, the thing keeping me from going is lack of a chaperone. I'm so desperate here, I know this is my last chance, and even though I'm almost 17, my parents don't see it fit to let me go to Indianapolis by myself. I'm even getting a Jedi costume ready in the hopes that I can go. I wonder if anyone would be able to help? I know it's a bit late to be asking but well, I'm just a Star Wars fan that wants this because I know it'll be an experience of a lifetime.

Experiment626 where did you find hotel accomodations? I need to look into something like that! Thannks!

11. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    C III info here - http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Celebration_III/b10611/

I'm supposed to be going still, but I haven't received my frickin tickets....

12. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    KnightThomas, I found our deal on Priceline ( http://www.priceline.com ) Good Luck with your parents, I know you'll have an incredible time if you can swing it! :)

13. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    My tickets came today.

14. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I got my badges in the last 20 mins they were on sale. I am so gonna be there! I couldnt live with the regret of missing the biggest SW part ever! Come on guys, where's your force? Know any good bars near the convention center?

15. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    Oh man, there goes my hope, I had no clue online registration closed this early, honestly, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it.

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I just saw Motterman's post in the letter game thread and I just read it on TFN, Lucas is coming to Celebration III!

Knight, TFN reports that they have reopened online registration through Friday (the 8th) because of this news. Just go to starwarscelebration.com to purchase your tickets.

17. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi everyone!

I am going to CIII too, with my husband and (12 yr old) little brother. I think we are going to the Jillian's get together on Thursday night too.

I would love to get to meet other MD Star Wars! We live in the Odenton area, and I have never been to a convention before!

I am working hard, trying to finish up a few Padme costumes before we go. Anyone else dressing up?

:)
    alice

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey ecila, welcome to the forums!

No, I won't be dressing up, I don't have any SW costumes. The extent of my dressing up will be a Star Wars t-shirt.

I may go to the Jillians get-together too, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to bring it up with the friends I'm going with.

19. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Hey any of you guys willing to pick something up for me at CIII? I have no desire to go, but would like a pin.

20. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    Okay guys, so there is a chance I might be going. A member from another forum I've been at for about 3 years is going. Cross your fingers and kiss the blarney stone for me! lol.

21. FairyChica78

Mar 18, 2005
    I'm going to be in a costume, most likely at the Celebration @ Celebration III party on Saturday night in one of Padme's Episode II costumes. I'll be working feverishly on my costumes for the next two weeks. I'm trying to convince my friend who's going with me to dress up but she's not that big of a SW fan. We'll see how it goes...

22. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    Woop! There it is!

I wiggled my way, begged, and begged got everything together! And I'm going! Hopefully I can see some of you there!

23. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    KnightThomas, FairyChica78, Mogook, & ecila,
    I'm definitely going to the gathering at Jillian's on Thursday and would LOVE to meet up with some fellow Marylanders while out there. I hope that each of you can make it out. I'm also going to the FanForce party on Friday and the Celebration Party on Saturday. I'll be the guy that looks like this with my nametag. If any of you would like for me to make you one, I'd be more than happy to do so.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/jrvideography/Picture2.jpg]

24. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    That sounds like a great idea, I'll most likely be getting into Indianapolis sometime evening wednesday, or wednesday night. And some of us should deffinately meet up.

The badge idea sounds great, show off our Maryland pride! :D

25. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually if you check out the Celebration 3 boards on here, there's a thread that I started about making nametags for people out there and its been going over really well. There's going to be a good number of people out there who will be wearing them, so it'll make it easier to identify all the people we've been talking to on these forums for however long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.