main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So how much did Ridley/Boyega make???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solosaber, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Worker11811

Worker11811 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 6, 2016

I figured that with nearly half a mil already, the 2 points will net them more than $1.5 mil, once the profits are divvied up. So maybe not yet, they aren't, but surely by the summer their 2 points will catch up with them.

2. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren likes this.
  3. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Nobody forced her to sign the contract, you know.
    Also, she will make that x10 in future contracts, since TFA was her first film ever.

There is no better way to enter Hollywood.

In fact, I'm surprised they paid her in the first place. Many actors in her position would do it for free.

Dewback and Skillzwalker like this.
  4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I think I recall, for what it's worth, that Mark Hamill mentions in this interview (I think):

That before the original Star Wars was released, George Lucas offered everyone a fraction of a percent (not nearly as much as the 2.25% gross royalties Alec Guinness negotiated but a fraction of a percent on Star Wars is still pretty big.)

It'd have been nice for Disney to offer the actors something like that as well. For someone Ridley's age, though, 300,000 pounds is hardly anything to sneer at and she'll make connections and get publicity that will basically set her up for life if she manages it correctly.

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    There are quite a few things I'd be worried about in the world, before I worry about whether the star of Star Wars was paid enough.

6. ISSD Executor

ISSD Executor Jedi Knight

Dec 29, 2015
    "Fair" is such a loaded word. In the grand scheme of things, she hadn't done squat before TFA, so yeah it was probably fair. As already noted, she didn't have to do it at all. To paraphrase one Mr. Calrissian, I expect her deals to get better and better all the time. (And I loved her in TFA, for the record.)

7. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    Obviously that amount of money is more than enough for anyone, but it's not fair. But it's all about what the individual's are worth and how much would be needed to convince them to do the film (obviously Ridley and Boyega at this stage were basically expendable.) I wonder if they have fees locked in place across the films, because presumably they'd be able to demand a lot more the coming films.

Any way you look at it though, Ford's fee is a disgusting amount of money.

8. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Ford got paid what he and his employee agreed. It was a win-win situation.
    It is not disgusting, it is deserved.

jaqen likes this.
  9. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I would be in Star Wars for free so yeah no sympathy from me…she was a great bargain because she killed it!

Heroic BB-8 likes this.
  10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Does that payment factor in "stealing the movie"?

11. beebee-ate

beebee-ate Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Come on, it's Hollywood we're talking about. Not a place to look for fairness.

12. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    It has been noted in several places that the actors, other than the legacy actors, get percentage shares of the box office over one billion USD (legacy actors get separately negotiated percentages on all BO). Since the total BO is now over two billion, there is some serious money there even if it is well below 1%. Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver both made somewhat more salary than Ridley and Boyega, both being established actors, and they also - as mentioned - get their share in the BO over one billion USD. Daisy Ridley comes from a background of bit parts on TV shows where she was paid in the area of $1,000 per appearance (so reported). She now most likely has some considerable leverage in negotiating future work that she may never of had before (similar to Hamill, Ford, and Fisher for the OT in comparison to Alec Guinness who got a whopping 2.25% of all BO, plus salary, and later claimed that George had verbally given him a raise from 2.00% to 2.50% but later the "producers" screwed him out of .25%).

The opportunity for both Ridley and Boyega is tremendous. Hopefully they can translate their new Star Wars status into solid ongoing careers.

13. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Unless they signed ironclad deals for a flat rate across the Sequel Trilogy, I expect Ridley & Boyega to get raises with each subsequent film.

14. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The only way it's unfair is if the male leads, JB and OI, got more. That would be a travesty.

15. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    If Ridley was paid significantly less than Boyega, that would certainly be unfair. Though I don't see any evidence of that just yet.

16. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure she did get paid less. Certainly I've not seen anything on that...

17. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    According to the google exchange rate it's about $435,000.

She was an unknown actress, apart from her family and friends I don't believe anyone was going to see TFA because it starred Daisy Ridley. However I will see the next non-Star Wars movie she is in, so I expect her earning ability has gone through the roof because she got the role of Rey.

But not looking at her future pay days and just this movie, I feel that she deserved ten times what she got, that would have been fair in my eyes. She was phenomenal in the movie, casting her was a stoke of genius.

TX-20 likes this.
  18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I don't either.

I do suspect, however, that both her and Boyega may have been paid substantially less than Oscar Isaac, who was already a big, award-winning movie star.

Dewback likes this.
  19. Pax12

Pax12 Jedi Padawan star 1

May 14, 2015
    I feel she deserved a lot more money. She played her role very well and had to deal with criticism from J.J. Abrams. I hate it when newcomers get treated like second-class citizens.

20. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

Wait a minute here.... Boyega already had acted in a film, which is something Daisy did not. Also Oscar Isaac for sure got more as he already has other movies under his belt.
    So I'm pretty sure that IF they got better contracts, it was based on their previous experiences or better managers, not their sex.

21. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    i wouldn't worry about Daisy. she's going to be just fine.

22. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  23. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    No, I'm not really sure that would qualify JB getting paid more money. At the time of signing contracts, DR, JB and OI were relative unknowns. DR is the clear lead in the film. The only real justification for her getting less would be if they were offered the same flat fee, and then representation/management negotiated an increase from Lucasfilm. This is academic anyway as we don't know what they got, or what that process was.

24. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    £300,000 is a great amount of money, even for a young and upcoming actress like Daisy... If she manages her finances well, that will definitely keep Daisy on a steady footing for years to come - and that's not including the expected increase in salary for future films!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  25. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015

Are you kidding? Oscar Isaac has more than 25 films under his belt. Daisy has the grand total of ONE.

JonoLFC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.