main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST So how much did Ridley/Boyega make???

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Solosaber, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

"It's a little odd to have a main lead in a 2 billion dollar movie be paid 250k"

Firstly; the speculation seems to be that there was a percentage of profit too, as well as the likelihood of renegotiating pay for sequels. Her appearance in TFA is hardly the cliche of the hard working creative being ripped off in exchange for exposure.

Secondly; put yourself in the room as a negotiator. Imagine I'm Disney, and imagine you've had a bit part in an episode of Casualty and Toast Of London; respond to this offer, as you would if you were Daisy's agent;

"Hey, we love Daisy, and although we've looked at a lot of people, we want to give her the role. For us, she is Rey. We want to offer her 250k straight up, plus a percentage of profit over a billion. We want her on board for all three, and though we want her tied to three films, we are prepared to renegotiate depending on how she is received, and how her role evolves. What do you say?"

2. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015
    You're doing an assumption too, who says they gonna renegotiate, the talk could go exactly the way you said, but in the end they said this is the same deal for the entire trilogy.

Now you ask me to put in the Disney shoes, if i'm Disney i'm saying, no matter who we choose the floor to this role will 1 million at least, we don't wanna look like cheap bastards when this movie makes a billion (assuming the movie would be terrible and make a failure 1 billion WW) still you would be paying 0,01 % of your incoming to the main Lead of the movie.

Again, i'm not saying is black and white and they're monsters, just saying looks cheap to me.

3. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

Usually a cast for a trilogy is signed for the 3 movies. Otherwise Daisy could go now and say i want a trillion dollars or i gonna retire.

4. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    Mmmmmm ... let me think: join the biggest movie franchise on Planet Earth in a lead role for three films, getting not only the largest salary of my life, but a share and incomparable exposure - or stay doing minor parts in British TV series for a pittance? .Mmmmm ...

5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

What are you basing your negative appraisal on?

6. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    The question is, is Daisy happy? By the looks of it she's delighted [face_dunno]

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  7. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
  8. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    This thread is now officially ridiculous.

To set your mind at rest; no, actors aren't required to fund their own travel to on location shooting. If Disney were really generous, they probably provided Daisy's costume, too. She had to bring her own sandwiches though.

TrashyGirl, TX-20, Bobatron and 5 others like this.
  9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Cutting costs on catering and gofers?

10. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying. By using the word bonus I was saying that it would be in addition to what was already negotiated. For example, if they negotiated a base pay of $450k for TFA, $650k for VIII, and $850k for IX. They might also have a clause in the contract that states, "If TFA makes more than $2 billion your base pay will be $950k for VIII and $1.3 million for IX." Although most likely in more legalese.

11. Skillzwalker

Skillzwalker Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2015
    Amazing thread this. I am sure DR and JB are extremely happy with their contracts. They both have just earnt the most they ever have before by a margin, have the bonus of knowing they still have at least 2 more movies and been given the biggest opportunity available in modern cinema for relative unknowns whilst benefiting also from exposure to a WW audience. Disney/LF have made them household names and they will both have plenty of other opportunities outside of Star Wars because of Star Wars.

Yeah, they got a crap deal LOL

12. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jeez people, no one would have done this movie for free, not even you fans. And make up your minds, they could have done it for free or they should have gotten paid more? The comment on Ridley and Boyega being paid like "second-class citizens" was absolutely ridiculous.

TrashyGirl and TX-20 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.