main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's the same for me. Once I read the news about dozens of concept arts being leaked, my decision was final.

TrandoJedi and EternalHero like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I've decided I'm going to "dry run" my "teaser not trailer" proof-of-concept idea with Avengers: Age of Ultron. Seen the AoU trailer, oh you better believe I've done seen that trailer, but there was a scene shown on Agents of SHIELD that I didn't watch but I know the general description of (because it was shown at Comic Con) and I've seen the odd framegrab and headline, etc, but I'm not too worried about that. There is a "Marvel special" going to be on this week which I plan to watch, which will have AoU footage in it, but I'm fully accepting and okay with that (also, I highly assume there will eventually be a "Star Wars BTS special" on ABC up to the release date. ABC is owned by Disney after all and they've done 3(!) Marvel prime time specials over the course of the last 12 months. So I fully expect that to happen with Episode VII).

The real trick will be if I sit down to see a movie and the full trailer plays but I honestly think the "close my eyes and wiggle my fingers in my ears" method, while looking silly if anyone happens to see me, may be the way to go.

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I only saw the Teaser for Interstellar. That was enough to get me instanly hooked. I decided not to watch the trailer, or be spoilt in any other way from then on.

It was worth it when I saw the film. Mind Blown! :cool:

For Ep7 I'm thinking I'll go one step further and ditch the teaser

Death_Jar_Jar likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've done the teaser but not trailer or anything else for several things and it does work out great!
    I did it for Into Darkness and was caught by suprise (though in retrospect, I shouldn't have been) and for Interstellar, though I haven't seen that yet so I guess I don't know how that worked out. ;) I do the fingers in ears with "la la la", and close my eyes when trailers come on all the time.

I won't be able to do this with SW for obvious reasons, but I can attest to how awesome it can be.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    I read the novelisation and the visual guide to ROTS before it came out, so I knew exactly what was going to happen. Back then, I wanted to know every plot detail as soon as it was available. Since then, I seem to have developed a strong aversion to spoilers. I have already seen a couple of rumours, and each time, I have recoiled in horror at the thought that I might have had something spoiled. I shall watch any teasers or trailers, anything published in my local newspaper, and generally anything official across which I come, but that is it. Major plot twists, storylines, details, and "Oh my God" moments will have to wait for the film.

Sandtrooper92 and Revious Nugo like this.
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I've been planning to just watch the (first) teaser trailer, but I'm beginning to feel like I might want to avoid even that. I'm plenty hyped as it is - more so than I really want to be.

Aeneas 1138 and Frank T. like this.
  7. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I'll be going spoiler free once actual spoilers start coming out. Thus far I'm safe because all the "spoilers" seem to be completely fictitious. If anything major (with maybe one or two exceptions) that I've read so far actually shows up in the film it's going to be an atrocious disappointment so in that case I'd rather be emotionally prepared for a let-down. But I'm really not too concerned there's a chance of that. J.J.'d have to be pretty nutty if he did any of those things and he's never struck me as that. Even things like the concept art don't worry me too much: most of that is going to show up in the trailers and a lot of what doesn't will have been changed beyond recognition. About the only spoiler I'm really desperate to know beforehand is the cast list. Are we dealing with little Sololings or are these guys completely unrelated?

J.J. is notorious for keeping a tight lid on things so there may not be any leaks until late in the game when they have to start doling out plot details for merchandising reasons (Christmastime being far too close to the release date for comfort). So I'll get my obsessive searching out of the way now while there's no harm in it and hopefully be able to go into the film with an open mind about what to expect. The biggest difficulty I forsee will be avoiding the first reviews. I like to check how films are doing on Rotten Tomatoes for sheer fanboy competitiveness, and some of those blurbs can be depressingly revealing and extremely tempting to read.

8. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    The only place on the internet I am going to information about this film is the no spoilers allowed forum and starwars.com.
    I am going to see the teaser, but not the trailer.

9. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    After spoiling myself with Dumbledore's death at the HBP book premiere(I.. just had to look at the last page of the book and my eyes accidentally caught 'Dumbledore's death'), I said to myself: NEVER.AGAIN.

I'll avoid any form of spoilers like plague.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Whatever I see when I go to the movie theater will be only "spoilers". A poster and/or trailer, otherwise, I won't be seeing or looking for anything. I want to be surprised like I was when I originally watched the OT.

11. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    Death before spoilers. I will go in with no knowledge other than the trailers.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Trailers, posters and promo pics - same as with Revenge of the Sith. I was spoiled rotten for The Phantom Menace (due to it coming out in the dark times - when movies hit us about six months after their US premiere - now it's much better; we usually get movies about a week before the US). Attack of the Clones, I was a little spoiled, but not much. RotS, I don't even remember watching the full trailer (maybe I did, but only once in that case).

However, now I have been spoiled (or at least, if rumours are true) by a few things. Mostly because apparently, Sweden's biggest newspaper decided to have a Star Wars rumour section that pops up on its main page every once in a while. I always try to look away as soon as I see the Star Wars logo, but sometimes I don't think about it, and they put the spoilery information in the headlines. So **** you, Aftonbladet! :mad:

*clears throat*
    Sorry about that...

13. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'm right there with you. I was too young to begin to think about how to seek out spoilers for TPM (I turned 12 in '99). I spoiled myself rotten for AOTC, and left the theater wishing there had been something more. I didn't spoil myself for ROTS, but knew a few general plot points, and thought the experience was much more rewarding. I loitered around 7SA for a few months earlier this year until some of the rumors felt a little too big for my liking. Now I'm here through December 2015, wanting to know as little as possible before I see the film. I'll gladly devour any official info that comes our way (trailers, posters, character images, behind-the-scenes clips, etc.). I'll probably even give the soundtrack a few spins before seeing it (though after TPM, I'll maybe just avoid reading the track titles).

jaqen likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, good ol' Qui-Gon's Noble End [face_beatup]

15. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, what happens to Qui-Gon?! :p

16. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Totally not a spoiler. It doesn't specify which end is which. :p

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I still think that title is a reference to his noble goal.

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I remember how spoiled I was for RotS - there was one point in the movie that I leaned over and said to my wife, "I can't believe this part is happening already!" Yeah. I knew enough to have the whole timeline of events down and my only shock was pacing. I want the opposite of that for TFA. I want to be shocked by something as trivial as someone's name.

Frank T. and TigerCraneFist like this.
  19. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I heard that a teaser trailer may be dropping today?

20. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    You heard right.

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Ok, now I have to decide whether to watch it or not. :confused:

And maybe an internet blackout might be needed for a week to let all the social media buzz die down

22. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm definitely going to watch today's teaser. Not sure how much more beyond that I'll watch, but I'm definitely avoiding anything that is not officially released.

BigAl6ft6 and TigerCraneFist like this.
  23. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Yeah I think I'll watch it too. Still over a year out so don't think I can resist.

I'll be avoiding the 'shot breakdown' that usually come out afterwards analysing each frame

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  24. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'm not going to lie, the teaser trailer has tempted me to go on a full-blown spoiler binge. I want to know everything!
    Must. Remain. Strong.

25. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    It's pretty bada$$ for sure!