main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    How spoiler free am I lets see I can close my lips with six clothes pegs it hurts but I hate to ruin a good movie plot for others I hope in 18/12/15 this website is closed for posts until 24 hours after the first released showing of TFA. I doubt anyone would do that.

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Eek. I got an alert that someone liked a post I made in the spoilers forum sometime last year before any kinds of details emerged or filming started. Luckily I didn't see anything when I clicked it.
    It's so weird how even a year ago, that was over a year after all this was announced. By the time the movie comes out, it will have been three years, just like waiting between movies. It doesn't feel like it. Right now I can't remember when the cast was announced or when the director was announced. I'm really starting to feel anxious though and want to fast forward to December.
    The other day I was looking at something on the Daily Mail and in the sidebar was a piece on one of the new cast members "stepping out in a short skirt with boyfriend". It's official: the new people have arrived and are on their way to household name stardom. I'm just glad I didn't see a character name.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    At this point I feel like I could easily wait an additional year for this film to drop.

So little is known to stoke the fires for me. Just knowing it's on it's way is enough for me. Probably the only thing I'd like to tide me over are official looks at Leia, Luke and Han.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  4. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    That piques my interest more! It's so weird... there's a trailer out there, there is FOOTAGE and it's been finished but I haven't seen any of it by choice, including images of those characters you've named. It's almost like a myth but there is a STAR WARS movie out there. I didn't feel this intrigued before TPM when I was avoiding information until closer to the release, which wasn't hard to avoid. I knew of the STAP Battle Droid preview figure in late 1998 and that was it but by early 1999 I decided would avoid all I could.

jaqen likes this.
  5. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I kind of wish that I had cut out spoilers earlier than a month ago. Wouldn't say that I've been spoiled really, but I'm sure it would have been cooler to see the film without having seen even a teaser.

Besides the teaser, I only saw some rumors than didn't really give much away even if they are true--mostly just stuff that could be in a later trailer or synopsis. I've been free from all rumors for a month now, though, and I'm not looking at any more images (even trailers) either.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    trying out my "dry run" of teaser not trailer with Age of Ultron, didn't click on the 2nd trailer release last nite. However, as I have said before, I am slightly revising it with the really-probable-Star Wars teaser before "Age of Ultron" I'm cool with (because I think it's likely Star Wars will get 3 - the original teaser, the AoU teaser and a full-on trailer early fall because it's unlikely the last Star Wars teaser we get will be released in May 2015 and that's it, there will probably be a 3rd) it's the 3rd teaser/trailer, I tells ya, is the one to avoid (also any Making of BTS specials released beforehand, which ABC has run before the Marvel movies are released so I see that happening here sometime in Nov / Dec)

I'm still on the spoiler forum but I'm getting more ... selective of the threads I click on and read fully. Gotta pull the ripcord eventually and, to be honest, right now there aren't many GIANT SPOILER THREAD TITLES in there.

7. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    So far I know the title and some of the cast. Not bad huh?

8. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I'm the same. I know the title and that a few actors are reprising their roles. Other than that, I know squat. I consider that to be spoiler free, still. No plot details. No hints at the bad guys.

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Me too, though far less and, as has been the case all along, only in a very few select threads.

I've avoided the vast majority of the rumors and I actually firmly believe that very, very little real information is known about this film and a lot of people on 7SA are far less spoiled than they think.

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Yeah, it seems like a lot of what we/they have has come from some leaked concept art and sources on the set relaying information. It could all be wildly off base - I'm glad I'm not reading the rumors/spoilers anymore to wonder how much of it is true.

jaqen likes this.
  11. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I just signed up for this forum, as I think the spoilers will slowly begin to roll out soon. Right now, I believe most of the stuff that's being "leaked" are just rumours or not even remotely true, but I've heard more recently.

Anyway, I've so far watched the teaser trailer, seen the concept art, heard a few rumours and saw a few pictures from filming. Not very much I think. I think from now on I'll just get my information from trailers (don't know about the last trailer before release though, those usually reveal a lot) and official news. That's what I'm hoping, but I don't know if I can see myself being able to last a year here if it stays this inactive.

12. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Yeah, I won't lie, I'm a little nervous about the final trailer for this movie. I spoiled myself rotten for AOTC, so wasn't surprised by anything in the trailer, and for ROTS, we generally knew where the story was going anyway, so any big reveals in that trailer weren't as big of a deal. But with VII, the story could go in a million different directions. I'm actually hopeful that Lucasfilm will recognize that and maintain a certain level of mystery about the plot up until release day - it's not like they need to get the plot out there to jumpstart ticket sales or anything.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  13. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Here's my hope for the final trailer: (which I'm pretty sure will be attached to Avengers 2...really, this hyperspace hype machine doesn't need anymore reasons to see the movie)
    It will invoke nostalgia for the original trilogy
    Let us know juuuuust a bit more about our new heroes
    Show us awesome battles in the stars.
    The teaser left us wanting more...let the next trailer do the same!

14. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I think we'll definitely get another trailer in addition to whatever's attached to Avengers. May to December is too long, from a marketing standpoint, to go without putting something else out there for the film. Maybe there'll be something tied to when toys and other merch is released.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Still fairly spoiler-free since I turned my back at 7SA! [face_dancing]

16. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope merchandise giving things away doesn't come out until after the movie, like the novelization, soundtrack, and comic version. I like for the people in the theater to not know anything. That stuff shouldn't be out there until after the opening weekend. Yes, I know the first movie had a novelization out about six months before the movie but that wasn't the same with a virtually unknown movie and limited information sharing.

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  17. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    In a follow up to this, I've been failing miserably so far. Been posting on the Spoilers Allowed forum every day still, but there's nothing being revealed anyway, so I'm not too spoiled.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is good! Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery ;)

I've not been too good at avoiding spoilers myself (I don't look for them, but in this age of social media, well), but what little I've heard sounds like an awful lot like the whole "Palpatine is a clone of Sidious, Padmé is Boba Fett, Yoda farts" thing of the prequel days. So right now I'm not too worried (unless what I've heard is actually true of course :p ).

19. SpeederBikeGirl

SpeederBikeGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2015
    As someone who is old enough to remember seeing the original trilogy in the cinema in those pre-internet days (yes we really did manage to get along without it!) I would like to re-capture the excitement of lining up to see those films on opening day without really knowing anything about them. I don't really understand why you would want to know virtually the whole story, or at least a good part of it, before seeing the film because that would take away a lot of the excitement for me. I know its human nature to be curious and I have to confess I have read a little about the film but nothing that gives away too much and have been trying to avoid any "major spoilers". No doubt remaining totally spoiler free will become increasingly challenging over the next 10 months. For me, I think the worst part about reading major spoilers/knowing alot of the plot before seeing the film would be...what if you didn't like what you read and felt that wasn't the film you were hoping it would be? Wouldn't that take away alot of the anticipation and excitement and maybe even put you off from going to see it? Or if you did go and see it you would already feel let down and disappointed even before the opening credits rolled?

jaqen and Frank T. like this.
  20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I think it's because, in this movie, we have NO IDEA what's going to happen. When you're watching TPM, you know Anakin is eventually going to turn, Obi-Wan and Yoda have to live, everyone else is going to have something bad happen to them, etc. etc. Sure, plot details were a surprise, but in essence, you were already "spoiled" going into the movie. For this one, Luke could die in the first five minutes, he could live to the end credits of IX. New cast member could turn to the dark side, or bad guy could be redeemed. I've never been this excited for new Star Wars, because there hasn't been truly NEW Star Wars since I was three years old. For my money, why anyone would WANT spoilers for this movie is beyond me! I'm watching the trailers because I really feel they don't give much away, but that's it. Can't wait for December!

jaqen, Lando Swarm and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I remember in the six months or so leading up to ROTJ, we knew little to nothing about what was going to happen, other than our heroes wanting to rescue Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt. All I had to go on was a couple paragraphs in the local shopper newspaper. A week before release, we saw a news story (I can't remember whether it was Entertainment Tonight or just the local news) showing some clips, including the unfinished Death Star. Was it the old Death Star that somehow survived the explosion? We had no idea!

We are entering into unexplored territory, and like yourself, have absolutely no clue why anyone would want spoilers for this movie. Really, what is the point of reading spoilers and spy reports, other than to ruin the movie watching experience?

22. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I remember having that thought when I saw the image of the Death Star. Other than that, I don't remember knowing anything about Return of the Jedi other than seeing TV ads or a review that rattled off names like "Ewoks... Jabba the Hutt...", and seeing the title Revenge of the Jedi some time before that.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah, I agree. Most blockbusters get two trailers but Star Wars will get three because we're special. No way that May will be the last trailer and that's it for months. I'm guessing there will be a Star Wars trailer in October / November-ish, to go along with big Thanksgiving blockbusters like Hunger Games and Spectre. That one is gonna be pretty in-depth, the final trailer before release usually is. I'm thinking the sure-to-be-Avengers-bundled trailer will be a bit more than the teaser, probably show Luke, Leia and Han in it, even some more dialogue. Definitely going all in on that one and then I'm pulling the ripcord.

As to the theoretical third trailer? la la la la I'm not listening. That's pretty much exactly what I'm gonna be doing in theatres.

24. rsdaddy141

rsdaddy141 Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2015
    I will watch the trailers,but will not go and look at "Spoiler" threads or articles. :)

25. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    This kind of stuff is happening more often, and one reason why I won't go to an opening night showing. I foresee myself trying to pinpoint a perfect time and place to see the movie and therefore putting it off a few days; I already do that just to go grocery shopping.
    "Hundreds of teenagers cause chaos outside of movie theater they couldn't get into... and then gun shots heard in the parking lot. 300 high school and middle schoolers in Ocoee, Florida, caused disturbance. Crowd moved to parking lot, where fighting broke out and gunshots heardInvestigation led to battery and drug arrests."