main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    OK, so I've previously said I'll avoid spoilers like plague but...spoilerstemptationdarksidespoilers

With 10 long months to wait on...spoilersreadmereadmereadmeeeespoilersarespeakingtome

And crappy speculation I've seen...ifyougotothedarksidewesithpromisenorealspoilersjustafewcandy

I've come to a point where Idontthinkiwillbeabletoresistthetemptationspeakingtomeinmydreams

I don't believe in anything 'leaked' thereforeyouwillbeknownasdarthspoilers

Flapjack4 likes this.
  2. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014

I still haven't seen the teaser trailer. And I'm ok with not having seen it. It's not even been a big deal for me. I haven't been tempted to the point of it being tough to resist. I made up my mind when I heard there was going to be a new trilogy to avoid everything possible, and so far so good.

I just wish they were holding true to form and releasing it in May. It would make the wait more bearable......That said, I've waited however long for a new Star Wars movie that 10 months is no big deal

Yanksfan likes this.
  3. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Does...does he not have the Internet? I feel like I saw gifs/images of every part of that trailer all over the Internet in the few days after it was released. It would have been really difficult to avoid it altogether, but if he managed to, good for him!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Today is the day I jump ship into the 7NSA world. I have kept up with some spoilers so far, but yesterday I saw something I wished I hadn't. Which means it's time to go into the spoiler-free bubble until opening night.

I will absolutely watch any trailers that are released, look at official movie posters, etc. When I was a member of 3NSA years back, this was considered the norm for spoiler-free folk. There were a couple of threads designated [HCSF] for "hardcore spoiler-free", but it seems that a lot more people are adopting that policy for Ep. VII.

Anyway, I look forward to discussing and speculating with you guys until December!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  5. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think things have simplified a bit around here...those seeking to be HCSF won't go to the threads marked "Official Info" which will discuss casting, official announcements of character names, and really anything that comes out of the powers that be, such as trailers. I won't speak for the majority by any means, but I'd think a lot of us aren't going HCSF for The Force Awakens. Maybe I'm misjudging the crowd here by saying this, but that's my perception.

6. SpeederBikeGirl

SpeederBikeGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2015
    PK Edit: You can't dance around saying things in here. Please more careful in the future.

7. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Uh... thanks for confirming that? [face_plain]

Jedi Knight Fett and jaqen like this.
  8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, I managed to read a big spoiler today - it was just thrown into a totally unrelated discussion, so I didn't realise I was reading it until it was too late.

I hate when people drop spoilers at random :mad:

Maybe it's time to move to a cabin without Internet connection out in the wilderness until december?

Darth_Pevra and Darkslayer like this.
  10. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I had the window open from last night still and SpeederBikeGirl comment was still up. I ascertained in the first line that they were pulling a "spoiling without saying the spoiler" bit. I skipped the rest but was able to get more context than I even wanted to know.

Stuff like this is why I might even have to avoid 7NSA. Honestly it just takes one person with loose lips to spoil something, even here. Damn. Unfortunate. But hey, as much as I appreciate this potential haven, it's still the internet. We would be wise to remember that.

Dewback and hippie1kenobi like this.
  11. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Yeah, it's still playing with fire even in here, but I can't go cold turkey on all SW chat, and at least the risk is a bit minimized here. I don't think SpeederBike Girl meant any harm. I seem to remember in the PT days that jerks would try to post threads in NSA that would have spoilers or would be spoilers in the thread titles.

I guess the consolation is that even the sources that seem to be legit have had their missteps over the last year, so everything should still be taken with a grain of salt.

12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I think I read something in the comments section on the official Star Wars Facebook page. It was an announcement totally unrelated to TFA, yet some idiot felt the need to randomly drop it into the conversation. I always assume people who do that kind of thing are trolls but after experiencing some first hand while out and about I've come to realize some people are just careless twits. I missed SpeederBikeGirl's comment but it sounds like the kind of thing I'm afraid of seeing even in this supposed "safe place." At least I can still count on my local Star Wars meetup group to keep their lips sealed.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Thankfully I didn't see that post. It's a reminder though that even in NSA you should be careful

Edit: Nothing against SpeederBike, he or she may have just made an honest mistake, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt here and assume that's what it was:)

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  14. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Kinda glad I let posts ripen before reading 'em. I trust no one, unfortunately!
    I'm thankful I didn't see it either. So far I count myself lucky.

As for making an honest mistake...this is the 'how spoiler free will you be' thread. We don't even speculate about spoilers in this whole forum! I see a recent join date and my suspicions are raised.

A shoutout to PrincessKenobi for guarding our innocent eyes is in order, and if people violate the terms of this forum, are they not allowed to post in here anymore?

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    They'd have to post the direct spoiler to lose their posting privileges here. In the lesser sense if they keep posting the same thing over and over again without directly saying something then yes that would also constitute a ban and restriction from this part of the forums. Everyone makes mistakes and I'm willing to bet that this particular instance is just an accident that won't happen again.

EHT, TheYodaPagoda and Bail B. Baobab like this.
  16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My wife just dropped a major spoiler on me because she couldn't hold it in any more. Is there literally nowhere that's safe? :_|

17. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    That's grounds for divorce!

18. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hm I missed whatever happened. I don't read many comments posted and usually just come here when something comes to mind.

19. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

[​IMG]

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    At last we shall reveal ourselves to the spoiler people. At last we shall have revenge.

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Does she post here? We can ban her and revoke her NSA access if you want. :p

22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Nope. That would've been awesome though.

EHT likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Invite me to dinner. I will edit her words and ban her from your home.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    At one point, A Chorus of Disapproval and I were considering offering an extra service where we would "take care of" spoiler-free users' friends and family members who told them rumors and spoilers they didn't want to hear. We decided against it, though. :p

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We should revisit that. It's been 2 years. The market is ready for such a service, now.