main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Done and done. Come down to Vegas guys, dinner's on me.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So... what would this cost?

You know... just... out of curiosity.

EHT, Frank T. and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    If you're worried about an exact amount then you probably can't afford it. It's very expensive to take people out ya know.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  6. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I think those schoolboys were talkin' 'bout a different kind of dirty dead.

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "Taking care of people" is definitely included. "Concrete shoes. Cyanide. TNT. Neckties. Contracts. High voltage."

Worst_Jedi_Ever likes this.
  8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, now I have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

9. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You're welcome.

10. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    If this has already been said before, I apologize, but I just had to post this awesome quote from a cast member of TFA:

Dewback, Frank T. and jaqen like this.
  11. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    This sniper doesn't appear to be crazy rich :p
    [​IMG]

Frank T. likes this.
  12. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Even though Stacey said there must've been a sniper in the building it turned out that Bosh was not hit.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    My man Stacey! Lol, I met him one time, one of the coolest experiences of my life

14. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    He can always make it fun

15. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I wonder how many of the spoiler hounds will regret it come December.

I'm trying to understand the mindset of a person who wants to know the entire plot, and all the secrets, of a film that many of us have dreamed of for literally decades. It amazes me that the experience isn't considered severely hampered by those who are dying to be totally spoiled. Hell I almost wish I'd gotten to experience TESB and ROTJ during their original runs, without growing up knowing the secrets before I ever even watched the movies.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My daughter was completely ruined because of the ultrasounds we saw of her in advance.

jaqen and KeithyT like this.
  17. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    1000X YES!!

I tell you what, when Jedi came out, I knew the bare minimum, a paragraph and about 15 seconds of preview footage on the local news. I even bet my brother that the opening crawl would read "...The saga continues." I lost. A kid in the theater had one of the Royal Guard figures (not seeing the movie yet I had no idea what it was, all I knew it looked SO COOL!) and the anticipation was just huge.

I was spoiled for TPM and AOTC, and it limited my enjoyment because I knew everything that was gonna happen. Never again! I can't understand the mindset of the spoiler hound either. Getting spoilers for those first two prequels had a "many Bothans died to give us this information" vibe to it, but as I said, it's be much better to first learn about in the theater!

jaqen likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I was spoiled pretty bad for ROTS - I couldn't help myself! It didn't effect my enjoyment of it in a negative way though. Ever since the sixth Harry Potter book came out though, I have definitely not been a huge spoiler person. I am glad I wasn't spoiled for that book's legendary twist! My only real bummer in regards to spoilers was when I snuck a peak at the end of The Lord of the Rings books lol. I regret doing that, but I was young then! Lol. For most movies/books now I try to go mostly spoiler-free - it makes the story more exciting for me.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Star Wars spoilers don't bother me. Helps me set my expectations accordingly.
    Read the novel for ROTS before the movie came out. Did not ruin the experience at all. Movie and books are two different medias.
    For TFA I want to know the basic details. Character names, state of the galaxy, ships, aliens, technology etc.
    Just live my life and if I get spoiled so be it.
    No idea when the novel comes out but will handle that accordingly.

20. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I think I'm jumping over here for good. I've been here for a few days now without going on to 7SA (one step at a time) as lately, I've noticed that more spoilers have appeared in the 7SA forum and while most are just rumours, and most likely fake, it's still picking up a lot.

One thing that's driving me probably more crazy right now than avoiding spoilers, is that there's apparently been some huge spoiler that's been posted, and I don't know if I've seen it or not. There's one big rumour I saw, but the reason I'm taking it as a rumour is because I saw the exact same thing being posted there last year, which means it may not be legitimate.

Anyway, keep in mind guys that if you see something that sounds like a big spoiler, there's a very good chance that it may not even be true. With Abrams' "mystery box", you never know, maybe he has someone "leaking" fake spoilers on purpose to misguide people. That guy puts a lot of effort into keeping the fans spoiler-free.

jaqen likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Even if you have heard it then, it won't be a spoiler really for you will it then? I wouldn't worry :)

22. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I'm the total opposite. For instance I fell in love with the Harry Potter universe via the films. I had no intention on reading the books, but after hearing for the 10,000th time that I must, I caved in. I enjoyed the first 5 HP films, to various degrees, but the Half Blood Prince ended up being the first of the HP films I saw after reading the book first.

It totally killed my experience with the film. The reverse typically doesn't; I'm fine with reading a book after I've seen a film. I won't ever make that mistake again.

Speaking of ROTS I have a friend, a big SW fan, who's not into ROTS on film but loves the novel. He keeps telling me I have to read it.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The novel has differences from the film. No Kashyyk, more focus on Dooku, and the deleted scenes, and more stuff with Anakin and Palpatine. Try it.
    The HP books are better than the movies imo. Characters are done correctly, more plot-lines are in the books etc and stuff isn't cut out or completely altered. OOTP is 870 pages (longest book) but second shortest movie behind DH2 for example. HBP is my least favorite book and movie of HP. Love that movie (OOTP) but justice was not done to that movie. Heck GOF movie onwards were butchered pretty badly. Seeing the characters/locations/animals/spells/etc on screen is amazing but just can't compare to the books imo. I read every single book years before the movies came out. That is how it all began. Regardless, welcome to the fandom.
    It probably does go back to first exposure. My 6th Grade class read Devil's Arithmetic and then watched the movie with another class (who did not read the book). The book was better for my class and the movie was better for the other class.

jaqen and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  24. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I really think ROTS would've benefited from adding some of the deleted scenes, as the book goes into the formation of the Rebellion a bit more. I'd definitely recommend reading it!

I can't help but agree on the movies being inferior to the books. The first two films were really close to the books, but from POA onward the style changed completely. Looked too sunny in certain spots, and hopelessly gray in the rest. Kept thinking today that it would've made a fun TV show on HBO. I mean, it doesn't have to be a CGI extravaganza for every episode, they could've had more leeway. I think that's the main limitation translating 500+ page books to motion pictures, I'm afraid.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The A Very Potter Musical trilogy does a good job just like the books imo.
    A TV series is needed for the series. Dobby, Winky and Kreacher in GOF/OOTP/HBP, Sirius in GOF (A fire call is it? Really?), the Dursleys, all of the memories for HBP, the Quidditch! And that's just off the top of my head.