main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    Books and films are just radically different mediums. Books tend to be perceived often as superior because they have the luxury of packing in far more information, and allowing the viewer to create their own visual world that accompanies the story. That's tough to beat.

With the HP series I'm glad that I became a fan of the films first before the movies. It was nice being one of those who didn't have the hefty baggage of the books weighing down my experience, at least for the first five films. I do think the books are, on the whole, better than the films, but still I appreciate almost all of the films and there are even a few changes in the films I prefer to the books.

Books based on films, of course, are often different creatures. I do look forward to one day reading the novelizations for the entire PT trilogy. ROTS I loved, but since AOTC is my least favorite SW film so I do wonder if the novel will help me appreciate that story better.

Oh and yes, I've been saying for years that a HP TV series would be a financial goldmine if done well.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll just go ahead and answer Beezer 's question right here. Are Journey to Ep7 books spoilers? Yes. Anything that creates expectation or familiarity is a potential spoiler.

3. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    It seems to me it'd be easier to be spoiler free if those who couldn't decide would stop pretending to be, like me, spoiler free. There is no try people.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    So I hear the new trailer is gonna be at the start of the new Avengers movie.

I don't want to see the trailer so will have to wait outside until all trailers are finsihed before going to watch Age of Ultron!

MOC Yak Face and Frank T. like this.
  5. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Or run out screaming when you see the Lucasfilm logo.:p

6. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    This is getting a bit tricky now, but I'm hanging in there.

Frank T. likes this.
  7. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I made the decision that I'd only watch the trailer if I saw it in theaters (so I won't watch it online, or something like that).

8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    So we're one week away from the dreaded trailer?
    IOW, one week away from an eight month JC hiatus...

At least I'll stay away for a while, until the hype has settled down somewhat. Then, I might pop in once in a while - but I'll be EXTREMELY careful.

Troubled Mind likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought the trailer would be attached to Age of Ultron - isn't that more like a month rather than a week?

Well, Celebration of course, but that doesn't mean it'll be released online/in theatres until AoU - and bootlegs would be considered spoilers on this section of the forum, I'm sure.

10. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I remember PT or SE trailers being attached to movies nobody wanted to see.

11. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Wait a minute. The trailer is coming out in a week? And I'm only learning this here, in 7NSA? It's working! I'm staying (somewhat) spoiler free!

As for seeing the trailer, I already know enough about Ep. VII to know that I want to see the trailer very, very much, as soon as possible. I guess that means it doesn't fall under my definition of "spoiler".
    Don't worry; I'll keep mum about it in here. ;)

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'll be seeing the trailer too. I've watched the teaser about 4.689 million times (give or take), so I'm ready for another minute and a half of new footage :p
    However, apart from this upcoming trailer and teaser/theatrical posters I'm not seeing any more of the film until it's released.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  13. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While I have no interest in seeing The Avengers sequel, I've considered getting earphones to wear in case the trailer hits me if I go see Jurassic World and Mad Max and other movies before this comes out. That seems like a lot of work, and since I go to the movies by myself, I'll lose a seat if I wait outside the theater. Looks like I'll just avoid theaters.That shouldn't be hard.
    When the Celebration Anaheim opens, things will really get serious. I meant to stop coming here in March and then April, but soon and I mean it!

14. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    According to IMDb, AoU opens in LA on April 13 and then around most of the world before the end of the month.

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    True, but the wide release in the US is May 1st, and that's usually (though I suppose not always) when trailers attached to a specific film debut. This might be to please the American audience, or it might be because a lot of countries don't attach trailers to specific movies.

It might be, of course, that they release the trailer before that though, just to stop it from spreading via cellphone footage (though why anyone would watch cellphone bootlegs is beyond me).

16. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    I will watch the second trailer , and it probably will give me a better impression of the film .

17. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    According to TF.N, it's official that the trailer debuts at Celebration, along with the first teaser poster.

I'm going to venture a guess here that the poster will be officially released almost immediately online as well - again, before people's pictures of it surfaces on Facebook and Twitter.
    The trailer... I still think we'll have to wait until next month, but who knows.

Gosh, this is exciting :D

18. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    They should release the trailer basically at the same time(or hours) after it's on Celebration VII.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, that'd be neat - but wouldn't it make it way less special to have seen it at Celebration?

20. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    There's no way in heck Disney risks the other 99.9% of the population not at Celebration seeing the trailer via grainy cell phone footage. Being in a room with JJ, Kathleen, and thousands of other fans to be the "first" to see it (even if it goes online immediately after) is special enough (speaking for myself obviously).

Saga Explorer likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    True enough. I do hope you're right!
    I wouldn't mind the trailer coming out sooner rather than later :D

22. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    So what do you want to see the most?(In the trailer I mean)
    Myself: - New ships;New Species or just another Species instead of just humans
    - action on the surface (Blaster-Fight,glimpse or tease of a lightsaber duel or a battle)
    -Luke,Leia,Han(it's odd considering I want new characters to have their moment
    to shine and I was glad that we didn't see the Trio or Chewie or R2&3PO in the original teaser)
    -See a distinguishable planet (not a desert,snow,tree,lake planet) ,but I don't have much hope for that

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    -Some space action
    -Lightsabers; maybe even a glimpse of a duel
    -Luke, Han and Leia (+ Chewie and the droids)
    And I'd love to hear some lines (from new characters, and maybe one line from one of the Big Three)

EDIT: One shot in the cockpit of the Falcon would be fantastic as well! Like this:
    [​IMG]

jaqen and Saga Explorer like this.
  24. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Yay!!!!!

I don't think I'll see Avengers, but I may see Jurassic World and maybe one of the new Pixar movies (which, since they're Disney family movies, may have the trailer attached).

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've even avoided looking at pictures of the actors I know are in the movie, especially when production was underway, because I don't want to see how they look now. My mother sent me an e-mail asking if I'd seen __________ lately because of a look different from how that person was looking for several years, but I ignored it.

Frank T. likes this.