main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think I've officially cut myself off from the spoiler forum at this point because reasons (there was something about photos recently, I saw headlines but didn't click. May be one of my first stay away from spoilers moment).... and I just accidentally clicked on the spoiler forum and saw a headline. Dagnabit.

The interesting thing is going to be if a 3rd trailer for TFA (probably) plays infront of Bond and/or Hunger games (also probably), which I'm trying to avoid. I'm seriously considering closing my eyes and putting my fingers in my ears (and wiggling them so it drowns out the sound)

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've definitely decided not to see any fall movies until after this comes out, if they'll still be in theaters. If not, oh well. I'm just glad that contrary to what I feared, the trailer wasn't attached to Mad Max and Jurassic World. Those are the only two movies I really cared to run out and see this season.

3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I go to the movies every week, however, I have a habit of showing up about 10 min after the start time (because there's so many darn ads & trailers!) so I generally just get, like, a single trailer beforehand. Still saw the SW trailer a few times but I was okay with that (saw the first two quite a lot but gonna try pulling the ripcord now) But the best trailer is usually the last one, which would probably be Star Wars!

4. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I (and I think most people) generally don't count trailers as spoilers. I usually try to avoid clips/commercials. But despite going "spoiler free" I think I might watch a couple clips/commercials just to get the feel of the thing. As I may have mentioned, it's not shaping up to look very positive for me (Han with Chewie notwithstanding) so I really don't want to be in a situation like the PT detractors found themselves in, where they were so looking forward to it, only to be crushed by the films not meeting their expectations. In other words,I kinda want to get acclimated into this "new world" somewhat instead of just jumping into the deep end.

5. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Every time I watch a trailer after seeing a movie I am really glad I didn't watch it. I'm really glad I didn't see the trailer for Jurassic World. I don't want "a feel for" a movie before I start watching it. I want that to be part of the experience. I want to like a movie when I go see it, but I think a lot of people go into movies too skeptical and ready to spout online one-liners and blurbs they've already drafted. Right now I have all these mysteries in my head about this movie based on casting and a couple of pictures I've accidentally seen and just imagination that will all be proven wrong.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  6. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I consider my imagination a spoiler too.

The PT and JJ have already lowered my expectations to way below pre-TPM levels. As long as it doesn't piss me off like Into Darkness(which shouldn't be a problem cuz this aint Trek) then I will be satisfied. Got no expectations.

7. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    There are two major things going for this movie and the upcoming movies:

1. It's not a re-boot! (no need to some time-travel or a do-over re-hash of the same story) {fingers crossed}
    2. It's a blank canvass. No need to pander to EU established story arcs or canon. They can take the story wherever they want
    I will see the trailers as a way to get pumped and also to set my expectations. It doesn't always work though. I remember watching the trailers for Eragon thinking the movie was going to be good. Boy was I wrong and dissapointed.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  8. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Up until now, I've been reading everything on starwars.com about this film, but no where else. However, I think I'm going to stop looking there , because they seem to be giving more away now.

9. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I already think I know a lot more than I intended. I haven't exactly been avoiding the Spoilers Allowed forum and have watched the teasers, the Celebration/SDCC panels, the behind the scenes video, Force for Change clips, seen the Lego photos, toy prototype stuff, and maybe even know a little about the rumoured storylines (follow the "wrong" people on Twitter and Facebook haha!), and can see how the trailer clips could easily fit into that.

I really don't think I've been spoiled though. I am so excited for this movie. I've never been filled with as much nostalgic melancholy/happiness as when watching those two teaser trailers. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment but it just looks and feels right. JJ Abrams looks and feels like the right person. I can't help thinking this is exactly what I have been waiting for.

10. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Not even visiting the spoiler forums and I actually don't know what the plot of the movie is at all except that Kylo Ren and the First Order are involved. I'll pretty much only know what the trailers give away.

11. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Same here... And now I saw topics all over the net that the story summary has leaked[face_nail_biting]
    So far I was able to avoid any major spoilers and I hope it will stay that way until December. Internet is a bad bad place and I really hope nobody will spoil anything important in the title without putting 'SPOILER' info:(

12. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Great. Hopefully no one posts that.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I teach at a high school tech academy, so obviously, my students love the internet. First day of school they're getting the "spoil Star Wars, get suspended" talk.

BigAl6ft6, EHT, DBPirate and 2 others like this.
  14. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015

=D= love this idea!:D

15. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    I've come across one particular image many times but even though I've seen it, I refuse to actually look at it.

16. Mr. Crumb

Mr. Crumb Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2013
    This is the only section of the entire site I am allowing myself to view between now and December. Before I saw Episode III, I knew the chronological events of the movie from start to finish. I mean...it was kind of like "Titanic" in that we obviously knew where Anakin's story was heading, but still...I knew every major detail. That's bad. I won't let that happen for TFA.

Chris_Fives and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I accidentally browsed over an article online which stated a rumor. A rumor I'd have preferred not knowing.

When I'm honest with myself, I acknowledge that I kind of suspected all along that said rumor could possibly be something that happens in TFA, but still-I'd have preferred not seeing any public acknowledgement. Still may not be true but that's unlikely. So that was a "Dang it!" moment for me but didn't spoil much since I am kind of expecting it anyways.

Either way, that was a close shave-TOO close. Time for me to tighten the reins I guess!

HOW many months now???!! [face_hypnotized]

18. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    At some point early last year or the year before I stopped looking at speculation and all that and kind of stopped thinking about it. I don't want to know what could be or could not be.
    Anyway, for anyone who has seen Pixels and Mission: Impossible, was there a STAR WARS trailer attached?

19. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015
    Same here.. I remember they were leaking scenes form a trivia game that was about to premiere also in May. I was watching all of it!!! I still loved the movie but I think I saw 50% of it before going to cinema.. It's not gonna happen this time around ;)

In Poland before Pixels, no. MI? Depends.. Here, if you go to IMAX, before every movie they play SW trailer but in regular cinemas not.

You seriously was able to avoid all the trailers/images etc from TFA? it must be really hard.. I am not talking about any spoiler things.. just the regular, official info.. How you do it man?!:eek:

20. Sith Lord 84

Sith Lord 84 Jedi Padawan

Aug 1, 2015
    I've managed to avoid all plot spoilers up to this point, and I will continue to do so the best that I can. I have seen both teaser trailers and I will see any and all trailers they release from this point forward. If I read any kind of plot synopsis it will only be from Starwars.com or Lucasfilm. I will probably be picking up magazines that feature stories on TFA as it gets closer to release, but as long as the magazine articles remain pretty much the same in terms of content as they did with the prequels I should be okay as far as spoilers go.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  21. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    That's not avoiding "all spoilers." The way I see it, if I've seen something in a trailer or know going that something will happen, then I've been spoiled. There is more to spoilers than revelations and endings.
    There's a topic in the Community forum asking people about their Facebook cover photos. I saw one that I thought was a regular Star Wars fan art picture but when someone said he/she also used it, I wondered if it was from the trailer for The Force Awakens (and I don't need to be told if it was). I've also gotten notifications of quotes and likes of old posts I made in the Spoilers forum well over a year ago, which make me wonder if some people are doing that to try to draw spoiler-free people there to read stuff. I haven't taken that bait.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I really doubt anyone is trying to draw anyone back over to the spoilers allowed forum just to mess with them like that. They're busy enough having their discussions, and I don't think many of them would really derive amusement from ruining things for people who are trying to avoid spoilers.

Also, it's fine to try to avoid as much as you want of course, but please keep in mind that we don't technically consider officially released things like trailers or posters to be spoilers. So, for example, avatars containing images from the trailers are allowed because they do not violate our "no spoilers in avatars or signatures" rule.

Worst_Jedi_Ever likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Philosophically speaking, I think officially released teasers & photos still at this far out aren't that spoilery, they seem to be more mood and not really pieced together to suss out the larger plot movements. It's all the stuff that hits, like, 2 months before the movie comes out, even officially released stuff that tends to be wayyyyyy more heavy on the spoils.

I was knee deep in the spoilers when they were shooting because I was all like "Bah! It's a JJ Abrams movie! Ain't nothing gonna leak, it's all hoghwash I tells ya!" and lately having seen things released it's like "well, that was right, that was right, that was right..."

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  24. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Anyone here beside me trying to stay away from the big spoilers but risking a glimpse here and there? I've read every EW article so far and am checking the action figure leaks. I just can't take my eyes off but at the same time I feel I hurt my own movie experience. How do you feel about it? Is there still enough surprising material left for people like us? :)

Dewback and Chris_Fives like this.
  25. Chris_Fives

Apr 16, 2015
    Well for me spoilers are for example leaked photos from set, leaked plot etc.

EW article is official info and yes it gives more info about some characters but I am not gonna stray from official info approved and released by Disney. But if we get closer to December I will avoid TV spots and clips (entire scenes etc.) from the movie.. I hope Disney learnt a lesson after Ultron. They were doing amazing job keeping many things hush hush for a year and then within 2 weeks prior the movie premiere they showed like 50% of the movie:mad:

I hope JJ convinced them to not do the same with SW[face_praying] I wish we get full trailer in September with some plot info, dialogues, maybe new music and that's it:D .

I want to be surprised in the cinema!