main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    Yeah, I suppose you could say that. I looked at the leaked Mark Hamill photo before Disney hit the roof.:D (looked mighty good,BTW =D= ) I don't really want to know plot points, but I don't mind seeing photos here and there as long as they don't betray the story.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh I'm totally a "tweener" but my spoiler line is vague and constantly shifting, sometimes you shift a bit far on either side. I am easing down on the throttle lately but a photo of a certain actor I saw just flat-out posted on my FB feed. (That is not me searching for spoilers, that is just a page I liked on my FB feed posting something). However, to me, that is not much of a spoiler really because, hey look, its a BTS shot of an actor in costume we all know is in the movie already anyway.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want to know story details, but details about the characters, factions, weapons, aliens, star fighters, planets etc are fine imo.

4. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Yeah, I'll look at the official releases, and maybe a nugget here or there, but I'm trying to avoid anything major.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd say so. I know pretty much nothing about the plot but I know basic details

Chris_Fives likes this.
  6. entourage

entourage Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    Thx for your replies guys. I just hope they leave enough wow moments for the release :).

7. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm an inbetweener. I'll look at pretty much anything that has been officially released, avoid just about all of the leaks (though I have admittedly seen the recent leaked pic of a certain returning character, and unfortunately some concept art has popped up on my news feed on Facebook and whatnot... even on pages that I don't have liked, just that are "recommended" for me).

entourage and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I catch a few pics like the new of of Master Luke but even on facebook I hurry past anything that looks like a TFA item.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, social media for spoiler wary is a thing. I fully expect major spoilers for TFA to basically be four week old internet memes by the time of it's release. :/

Force Smuggler and entourage like this.
  10. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    I won't go out of my way for anything, even the trailers, but I won't plug my ears and hum if something comes up unexpectedly.

Force Smuggler and entourage like this.
  11. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, I definitely couldn't help myself with that one. It was everything I've been hoping for the past 30 years.

Obi-John Kenobi and Pensivia like this.
  12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I am sort of in between in some ways. I'm probably more hardcore spoiler free than most in this thread, though.

I am fine with the poster and the first trailer, and I am in between because I am fine seeing the occasional BTS photo (because it doesn't betray anything), but otherwise...no spoilers. I won't even be going in the SW section once the new toys are released. :p

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge (The 'Any "spoiler-inbetweeners" here?' thread was merged into this one).

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just live your life. My policy as well.

15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I've been sticking to officially released information lately, with the occasional click of the spoiler tag in the Lit forum discussion (I've found that to be a good place to lurk if you want to be an inbetweener). I haven't gone into 7SA in months now.
    My main reason for keeping up with officially released info is that I don't want to go into TFA knowing less than the general public. My friends are relying on me to explain what the heck is going on when we see it! :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Obi-John Kenobi

Obi-John Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2012
    I remember when Batman Begins was in production I went ahead and read the leaked script, because I just HAD to know in they had gotten their act together after Batman & Robin, and the script totally blew me away. It didn't really take anything away from my enjoyment in seeing it,since I actually anticipated seeing it more.

So, in a sense I'm kinda feeling that way here. I'm wondering if actually knowing what happens is such a bad thing. If it's great, it'll still be great to see it on the big screen and if it's bad, I won't feel like I've been taken for a 30 year ride.

But the thing that's different is there's no real "twists" in Batman's origin. (they tried a twist with Ra's that could be seen a mile away. Only more obvious twist in film history was John Harrison as Khan.[face_tee_hee]) I mean, If I could read the script and I come to something like "Han lies dying of a blaster shot while Chewie howls over him in mourning" I'll never forgive myself for not waiting to see the movie![face_hypnotized] That's why I figure I'll stay spoiler free.

17. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

I took a peek at the new toys and wish I hadn't. One of the characters had a last name I wasn't expecting.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Oh, good to know!
    Staying away from those then!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  19. entourage

Oct 18, 2014

Really? Haven't seen that one yet. Thanks for the warning.

20. entourage

Oct 18, 2014
    Well just came across a HUGE spoiler ( I think) because someone just used it as a thread title in the Cantina forums. Now I feel like I ruined the movie for myself :(. Hope that feeling goes away over time. Hoping even more JJ is just misleading us but don't really believe it :(.

21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I had a dream where I was reading information and came across a character name. I was glad that didn't happen when I woke up. Things will get really hard in a few weeks.
    There's lots of news to avoid lately. I am so eager to see this just so I can be relieved. I can't wait to look back at all the stories and see just what was released or learned all this time. I did look at a picture released for the other movie, but have to avoid reading anything else because they might sneak a The Force Awakens bit in there. I haven't seen the newly released Entertainment Weekly pictures, and I've also avoided seeing pictures of certain cast members simply because I don't want to know how they look in the movie. I'm also not reading comments above mine... FOUR MONTHS!

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A damn youtube thumbnail that showed up in my "recommended videos" had a big spoiler in it! [face_phbbbbt]
    Wasn't ready for that, so I didn't look away fast enough.

Still four months out, and already I'm considering taking a break from the whole Internet thing (NSA forum exempted of course).

EDIT: A friend of mine just had the same problem. DON'T GO TO YOUTUBE TODAY!

23. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jeez. Do you know what channel it was?
    I have to be careful with YouTube on my TV because it will automatically play videos or commercials, which could be anything from 30 second ads to trailers and long stuff. I've unsubscribed from movie related channels and deleted Star Wars stuff from my history after watching something so it won't be used to recommend something related. I rarely see Star Wars stuff pop up in my YouTube recommendations and usually when I go on the computer, I type in my bookmarks for my Watch Later list. Now that I think about it, I should soon unsubscribe from The Hollywood Reporter, The Tonight Show, and Conan.

24. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Nope, don't know what channel it was - nothing I am subscribing to, just something "recommended" to me.

25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I went into B&N today and there were several magazines with SW covers a few of which claimed new never before seen photos. I did not flip through them.