main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Looking back, I'm going into this movie roughly 60% unspoiled. I've refused to click any "leaked plot" links, I've only seen "supposed fanart", but I have watched all the trailers and teasers, and I've actively sought out the commercials that have content in them.

2. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

Other than two short quotes on the mascara tubes, there isn't really anything spoilerish in the Cover Girl displays. The pctures etc. are not related to the movie...at least from what I've seen.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  3. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    It was one of the "character types"/"classes" that threw me for a loop.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So the next 48+ hrs are going to be difficult (Thursday I'm not working so I'm unplugged almost literally that day until TFA at 7 PM). I keep having horrible visions of someone in the non-spoiler forum "POSTING SPOILER IN BIG SUBJECT HEAD!" Terrifying, really. I suggest permaban if anyone does that.

I will admit that I mis-clicked at one point venturing to this forum and clicked on "spoilers allowed", hit the back button real quick on that one!

5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    About 99% of the 'leaked plot' links were BS anyway. ;)

One or two sources have spoiled the basic framework of the story with leaked Production Logs, and that would have given you an idea of the story minus the dialogue, emotional beats or big reveals. Avoid those and you'll be largely ignorant of what the movie is about. :)

Can't believe it's finally HERE!

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    reviews start on Wednesday so any Internet-ing I do at work will instead focus more on non-Entertainment related things like filling out my 2015 NCAA Bowl picks. I may have to use the Force on a few of them, though.

7. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I would say that I am 99.99% spoiler free as to the story.

I am about 60% spoiler free as to the characters (I know some names but only first names and have no clue as to their role except of that of one female character)

I would say that I am 90% spoiler free on official media materials. I have seen the 2 teaser trailers but not the 3rd final nor any of the TV spots. I have seen the first teaser poster, IMAX poser and only briefly gazed at the official poster. I have seen quite a bit of production stills and trailer screenshots. None of which have been by choice.

8. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I am tracking most of the leaks up until a month or 2 ago. However, I saw a tweet(from a person who was at the premiere) that said 90% of the internet leaks and rumors are "horse****" so I am probably less spoiled than I think I am.

I think I am 60% spoiled, may end up being closer to 30%.

Mod edit: Language

9. DV-213

DV-213 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 18, 2014
    Today on my way to work and home again I guess I saw different posters at least ten times. :) Hard to avoid now, they are everywhere. (Even if I have seen them before and has avoided neither posters or trailers.)

Gus X likes this.
  10. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I am so happy I made it this far. The experience is going to be that much sweeter.

11. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Does anyone know how's life going on in the Spoilers Allowed forum so far? are there any official major spoilers already out?
    Should we worry and proceed to tighten our defenses?

BigAl6ft6 and Dak Oolron like this.
  12. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I have happily watched all trailer content, and as a result of that, combined with hanging out on the SA forum for the past 2 years, I think I know the main beats of the story, but I feel like I'm still missing a good chunk of the story, especially the "why?" connected to pretty much all of the story elements. I definitely don't think I've been spoiled on any significant twists/reveals besides the obvious theories everyone's been mulling over for the past year or two.

In short, I'm quite happy with where I'm at. My Facebook went dark Sunday afternoon, and I'm successfully staying away from anything spoilery until I've seen in Thursday night :)

13. Aeneas 1138

Aeneas 1138 Jedi Knight star 1

May 1, 2014
    I have just under twenty hours to go. I have seen the official trailers and the poster (a miniature version of which came with my Sunday newspaper). I have been unable to avoid some speculation, related to the absence of a certain character from promotional materials, because it has been reported in the mainstream media. However, I had started to wonder about that myself anyway. Aside from that, I have seen one truly preposterous (although apparently genuinely held) theory, and I am on track to complete Star Wars: Aftermath in time for the film.

All in all, I have done very well. I have not had anything spoiled, and so I am going into the cinema tomorrow morning with a fresh pair of eyes; "knowing nothing", as Harrison Ford recently suggested was the best way to watch the film.

It is funny; even though I know what happened post ROTJ in the EU, I still feel excited because I am about to find get my first look at what happened after Episode VI. There was once a time when I knew what happened after it, but now I do not. It is as if my mind has been wiped. (To be honest, I do not think I ever managed to read as far as thirty years post-ROTJ anyway.) Thus, even though I was devastated when Lucas sold Star Wars, Disney announced new films, and the EU was decanonised, I just cannot help but be excited.

This will be a day long remembered. Or, to put it another way, this is where the fun begins.

Dak Oolron and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I went into work today and people started to tell me reviews were up and I was basically just "don't tell me anything" pretty much as soon as someone started a conversation, they seemed cool with it.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Not reading any reviews.
    Will probably be listening to music if I have to go out so I won't hear other people.

Gus X likes this.
  16. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Not reading reviews either. I do know the RT and Metacritic scores as off (30 minutes of this posting). I am not going to check those again until after I see the movie.

17. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    This site even put a spoilerish article title and pic on the front page.
    I took a peek at just the rottentomatoes rating. 98% out of 121 reviews!
    Happily surprised. I had read the other day hitflix's relatively low
    prediction of 84% on the tomatometer.

18. Kajash

Kajash Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    I'm a refugee from the 7SA (I'm okay with rumours, theories, but don't want certainity), so reviews are mostly safe for me and even the few bad ones say that it's fun, but....

19. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Surely a Rottentomatoes score is too much for this thread- I JUST DON'T WANNA KNOW what other people think of it until I've seen it. Thanks though.

I've seen the 3 teaser trailers and a couple of the very short TV spots (quit those when I was seeing things I hadn't already seen in the teasers) and that's it. IT's the best way to be. I went in to AOTC and ROTS in a similar position and enjoyed the experience so much - I'll never forget the buzz I had after the AOTC midnight showing I went to. If AOTC can do that, being spoiler free has got to be the way to go.

I started an internet avoidance strategy yesterday, but figured I could go to the BBC's sport pages. What do I get on the front page of BBC Sport - a smegging lightsabre story. Obviously spoiler-free, but it just goes to show how dangerous the internet is to us 'Spoiler-free heaven 'til Episode Seven'ers.

6 hours to go...

The Force.... it's calling to you...

...just let it in.

TheOneX_Eleazar and Gus X like this.
  20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Let's just say that if you wander in there by accident and click on some of those threads, you will learn a lot more than you wanted to. ;) However, most of the spoilers from those who have seen the movie are being discussed in threads that exist for that purpose.

Also, please note that the "TFA SA" forum will be changing over tonight to become the "TFA" forum... the difference being that it will no longer be labelled as a Spoilers forum. So anyone who has seen the movie (those who have been using ANY of these forums) will be encouraged to discuss the movie in all its glorious detail there. Anything related to Episodes 8 and 9 is in the process of being moved over to another new forum for "Episodes VIII and IX - Spoilers Allowed", and that forum will go live tonight too. So any spoilers or discussion of those future movies will NOT be allowed in the new TFA forum; it's there just for everyone to have one place to discuss TFA. Also, this NSA forum will continue to exist to have one No Spoilers forum for discussion of all of the new, upcoming movies (Sequel Trilogy and Spin-offs).

21. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    I will more spoiler free then any Jedi has ever dreamed of! And I doing I for myself, to protect me :p

22. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    We have come so close and to get it ruined by one errant mouse click to the wrong forum and ....=((

My phone battery will be charged as well as my battery back up. I told my son, if he wants to chat while we wait in our seats for the movie, he'd better text me or hit me up via Whatsap because my earbuds will be blasting music. Nobody is going to blurt out a spoiler before the show.. not this time! :mad:

woj101 and Pancellor Chalpatine like this.
  23. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Jerk Trying to spoil the movie-HEY DID YOU HEAR THAT KYLO REN IS A- (GACK!)

You-(Holding your arm out)- I find your lack of common courtesy disturbing...

Gus X likes this.
  24. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    Exactly!

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  25. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Usher-Gus, release him!

You-As you wish...

Jerk #2-Did you know that Luke is- (Lightsaber lit in his face)

You-Go on, finish your sentence...make my day...

Jerk #2-N-Nevermind...

You-Ya sure?

Jerk #2-Y-Yeah, pretty sure....0.o

You- >:)