main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Brace for spoiler impacts starting on December 8th. This is when the world premiere will happen.

2. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    I thought that it was being released on December 15th.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The world premiere is on December 8th (or 9th, if IMDb is to be believed). Then some countries will get it on the 13th and 14th, while the US release is the 15th.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  4. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    There's going to be spoilers everywhere.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Sat through a Last Jedi TV ad, I may or may not have looked at a corner and vaugely hummed / yelled till it was over.

Darkslayer and Ricardo Funes like this.
  6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I found out Daisy Ridley is going to be on Live with Kelly & Ryan tomorrow morning. I'm so paranoid I'm not gonna watch that scintillating television program.

BigAl6ft6 and Sarge like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Scintillating? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Rebado like this.
  8. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    (Covers ears). LALALALALALALALALA

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    To be fair it was more of a medium pitched wine "AhhhhHHHHAAAAhhhhhhh", didn't bother covering ears, just looked at a corner and drank (I had a drink in my hand when it came on, hence couldn't spare time to put it down). Nobody was around so I went with the easiest form of blocking it out.

The ad starts with the music from trailer #2 (and the brief seconds I saw it looked like a trailer 2 recut, basically) so it's easy to spot.

Ricardo Funes and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  10. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Sarcasm. Perhaps you don't know what that word means?
    Someone at work was watching a video on her phone, and I heard music that sounded familiar, and sorta plugged my ears and did a 'na na na' to myself...it's inescapable!

jaqen, DARTH_BELO and Sarge like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I must say I'm much more spoiler-free for TLJ than I was for TFA! Heck, even compared to ROTS! I basically know nothing about TLJ outside of what the trailers/TV Spots have shown. This reminds me of how I felt knowledge-wise before I saw AOTC. It really helps to ramp up my excitement!

Now, all I have to do is last till Sunday of opening weekend-not looking at Facebook, internet, or even generally...talking to people. I can do it.

I can do it......

CosmicDust, B3, TheYodaPagoda and 3 others like this.
  12. Keycube

Keycube Jedi Master star 2

Jan 19, 2009
    I've stayed away from the board until last week (being very careful!), unfollowed all SW pages from my Facebook, have avoided any still shots or trailers, don't look at Yahoo news (or similar) front page. I've caught a glimpse of the promotional poster but it was quick so I have pretty much "unseen" it. I know nothing about this movie.

One possible chink in the armor is an object at the end of a Nissan ad which looked like it may be something of interest, and then an accidental quick glimpse of a Lego version of what may be that same object. :oops:

DARTH_BELO and Ricardo Funes like this.
  13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    The final week will be the hardest, after the premiere. I'm really impressed with how leak free they've been this time after TFA. I'm pretty much spoiler free bar the trailers and some of the TV Spots. We know nothing really & it's great!

14. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    TFA:
    [​IMG]

TLJ:
    [​IMG]

Spoiler free, baby.

15. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
  16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm posting this here as well, in case someone doesn't read the spoiler alert sticky thread:

Apparently some are claiming that the entire plot has been leaked. It's not clear whether this is a real leak or not, but in case it is real, well, it's probably best to avoid everything outside of NSA until you've seen the film.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    After the premiere on Friday is going to be crazy lockdown. However, I think I have officially dispensed with live TV broadcasts for now, actually. Made it through a night of 2 live broadcasts yesterday (and a bit of NFL) with nary an ad in sight. (The ad that offended my eyes was last week attached to Walking Dead). Now, there's a few sporting broadcasts to come, mostly the MLS cup game on Saturday on TSN which MAY be a coinflip if there's a Last Jedi ad on there or not. But I have my mental watching schedule of the next week and a half planned out and none of it is live broadcast. It's basically all Star Wars (have to start with TPM on Tuesday and one movie a day plus a day of CW and Rebels leading into Thursday the 14th which will be TFA/TLJ)

now I just need to not get spoiled on TFN boards now :/ I mean I WOULD Like to check the gen board or talk on the lit forum about comic releases but may have to bounce on those too. Hell, I'm getting close to not even looking at my youtube app! It knows me so well, it pushes Star Wars vids always to the forefront. FB pretty soon will have to be RIGHT OUT aside from me posting about all the Star Wars I'm watching.

It'll be funny to watch this thread for the next week and a half. We'll probably get a few spoiler refugees on fire who have been burned with flying to close to the spoiler sun and need to be put out. Get the fire blankets ready!

18. Ricardo Funes

Dec 18, 2015
    Ok, this is it for me folks, see you on 15th December. I will not risk this one if the warning is real.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I've seen all the trailers and TV spots, but I haven't watched them very closely or taken in the endless analysis videos on the YouTube. I don't do social media whatsoever, so it's easy to lurk here and avoid the rest of the Internet from now on.

I don't think watching the trailers ruin too much - for TFA we saw the Falcon flying around a desert planet in the trailer but when we had "The garbage will do" moment I still nearly broke my wife's hand!

Sarge likes this.
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    UK gets the film on the 14th. I'm planning on a morning 3D showing if the cinema still has tickets when I check tomorrow. That way I don't have to be worried about spoilers when I come on to moderate that day. Like Storm_Cloud above, I've seen the trailers and the TV spots that have been on TFN Main but I haven't gone looking for spoilers.

21. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    I'll probably make some attempt at being spoiler-free but if I get accidentally spoiled on something, I won't feel that bad.

22. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I've decided that I'm watching no YouTube unless it's on my Apple TV...why you may ask? Because there's no comment section available! I've dispensed with most live TV, and it helps because I mostly alternate between MeTV (a retro TV channel) and the shows I watch on Hulu.

One movie a day...you're a better man than I. Any particular CW episodes? I didn't plan on watching Rogue One along with A New Hope, but it was spectacular. Maybe it's because I'm a Rogue One fan I suppose.

So, I'm avoiding comment sections, regular TV, and am slowly going through the Star Wars saga. Kinda strange to think on Thursday I'll be watching The Force Awakens, and next week it'll be what we're all waiting for! Let's all remain spoiler free...and as Biggs said "they'll never stop us!"

23. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm currently working my way thru all the SW films. I'm only able to watch things I want on days off work, or after 9pm when the wife and kids are all in bed. Only problem with that is I usually fall asleep halfway thru whatever movie I'm watching, as it's so late. Due to that, I am halfway thru ROTS as of the writing of this post. I have a few Vaca days next week where I expect to be able to tackle the remaining three in one sitting each. I'll occupy my time with that instead of online in my free time, so that should help with avoiding spoilers. I don't mind seeing the trailers, so I think that'll make my life a bit easier than some on here too. I'm also trying to finish up reading Empire's End. THAT will be tight, but I'm thinking I can do it.

Plenty to occupy my time. :-B

24. CosmicDust

CosmicDust Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 16, 2017

I hear something 4chan leaked was supposedly real, like real real.

I think I've seen all the trailers and a fair few of the TV spots, but I forget about it after seeing it. I was thinking on reading the official summary when it comes out to get an idea for the premise, but I'm worried I might stumble across spoilers that way. But I'm suddenly so busy with hard deadlines this month that I don't even think I literally have enough time to spend getting spoiled. lol

TheYodaPagoda and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

My Clone Wars episodes are

CW movie
    The Wrong Jedi arc
    Yoda arc

There's more than a few arcs that can stand out as being important (Mortis, Darth Maul & Mandalore, Order 66) but that's already over 4 hours of CW and I got a deadline here, hahahahha

Also watching Rebels episodes and the main reason I went with Ahsoka introduction and Ahsoka leaves is that I'm going with the Rebels eps

The Siege of Lothal
    Shroud of Darkness
    Twilight of the Apprentice
    Twin Suns

the first 3 are very Vader centric and the last one has Obi-Wan and Maul's final confrontation (although, like I said, I'm kinda skipping over the the Maul CW eps in favour of Ahsoka)

Darkslayer and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  26. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Again, posting this here as well as in the Spoiler Warning thread:

The Visual Dictionary has leaked; now is the time to evacuate to - and stay put in - the fallout shelters NSA forum.

BigAl6ft6, Darkslayer and jaqen like this.