main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver So...how was it?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by caff_solo, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caff_solo

caff_solo Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Was the movie event a success?

2. lord-darkhelmet

lord-darkhelmet Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    It got two-thumbs-up from me. The Star Wars trailer was shown before the movie, which was cool. Although, according to the SilverCity announcer-type guy, it was only shown in one of the two screenings. The Incredibles was a very cool film. Being a long-time super-hero comic fan, I loved all of the characters in the story and the humour was great. It's a little more violent than Pixar's previous flicks (it was rated PG in the U.S.), but it all fit in well with the comic book theme of the show.

Plus it was fun for me to meet Phill and Cassandra (with her friends Allison, Rev, and Duncan) for the first time in person. Oh ya, and Mike was there too. ;) Hopefully we can do something like that again soon. If anyone has suggestions, just post 'em up and see who's interested.

3. Master_Ikrik

Master_Ikrik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2004
    two thumbs up for me, could have used more people but was still out of this world awsome, how about we see another kiddie movie?

4. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    could have used more people

I really don't think that needed to be said.

5. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    [Master_Ikrik]: "how about we see another kiddie movie?"

Ok by me. If you've got anything specific in mind, start a thread and let the world know.

6. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Glad you had fun!

7. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    Sorry it's taken me so long to post about friday night, but the internet demons are at it again, so I had to wait until I could come to school and use the net. In any case, the movie was good...not as good as Monsters Inc., but good no less. And I agree with Rudy, there was more violence...like ACTUAL guns! I was quite surprised by this...most children's type movies or tv shows refrain from the use of actual guns nowadays.

8. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Yep, the Incredibles rocked!

I felt a bit silly being the only one in the theatre who cheered when the Ep. III trailer came on. :p

9. lord-darkhelmet

Sep 10, 2003
    Ya, I probably would have been a little more excited for the trailer if I hadn't watched it seventeen times already. But some of the shots increased greatly in their coolness on the big screen. ie. the volcanic eruptions and the ships.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.