main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto So how was PoTA anyways---

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Darvin11, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    --I have heard some good and a vertiable truckload of bad about Tim Burton's latest opus.

Speak up and share thy experiences from last Friday kids. I have yet to see the film and from latest accounts I may wait for DVD.

Robin T.

2. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    It was very good and better then I expected. From beginning to end, I can't say there is much I didn't like.

I would go see it again Tuesday, but I have to see Cats and Dogs. = )

That's just my opinion, let the rock throwing begin.....

3. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    It was a Tim Burton film. Simple as that.

Beautiful to look at - but not very fulfilling story-wise. Kudos to the actors who were the apes. They all did tremendous jobs. Them, I could believe as ape-men, far more than those from the 60's film. But in terms of questions asked and issues raised - the 60s film (cheesy and campy as it may be) still is ahead of the game.

Overall, all I can say is that Tim did a good job, and it's hardly the worst film you could spend your money on, but five years from now it will still be the Charlton Heston version that people rent from the video store.

4. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I saw it *without* the Long Line Groupies, but the costumes tended to be awesome, but the plot and script were lacking.

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    PoTA, not that good, best to wait and rent the DVD.

But Mori, don't waste your money on Cats and Dogs, it was crap. On Sunday Krax, Mace, and I went to Kiss of the Dragon, then snuck into Memento, then snuck into Cats and Dogs... didn't pay anything for C&D and man do I want my money back. Not even worth a rental for me.

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "Mace" is my nickname in the delphi boards (incase you were wondering who Mace was)

I disagree with David. (Yes, I am off the fence...I fell, I hurts. While I'm down here I might as well form an opinion.

I think POTA was worthy of seeing on the big screen. I probably would enjoy it less on a small screen.

I do agree with David regarding C&D. It was bad,imo.

*climbs back up on fence*

7. Mori_Fett

Jul 27, 2001
    Well now I have 2 days to think about it. I've seen everything out there except C&D, America's Sweetheart, Jurassic Park 3, and Dr. Dolittle 2. They all rank about the same on my "TO SEE" list. Any suggestions on those.

I could see KoD, or Fast and The Furious again...

8. Darvin11

Darvin11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    To those heathens that did not enjoy Cats & Dogs---

-the child in you is dead. Mourn for your lost joy never to be found again.

AND

you're pooheads.

NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH

Robin T.

9. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    pl;anet of the Apes was good in certain aspects, I'd recommend it more for someone who hasn't seen the roiginals that way thwey don't have a preset perception of the movie.
    As for Cats and Dogs, well I'm considering seeing it seeing as my dogs been warrign with the neightbours cats for years. Of course that could be just cause he's a hound.

10. Jedi_Jamie

Jedi_Jamie Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2001
    Clear your mind, focus, a Jedi needs focus....

If you go and see it through the filters of an older version, or the coloured lenses of pre-conceived notions, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I saw it Sunday, and enjoyed it for what it was; a Tim Burton sci-fi flick about a Planet ruled by Apes (Which is very difficult to figure out from the title), not monkeys. Whatever you do, don't call them monkeys.
    It was fun, the sets and costumes were great, and it allowed me to suspend disbelief for a few hours on a weekend.

Go to a matinee or a cheaper theatre so you don't feel ripped off. Cover all the bases.

There. My two cents worth.

;)

11. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    YOU TELL 'EM ROBIN!!!!

All you C&D haters are Mr. or Mrs. PoopiePants!

(Okay....I haven't seen C&D at all. But my kids loved it, and want me to see it with them. All the review I need.....)

12. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    definetly needs more monkeys, not enough monkeys.

13. Mori_Fett

Jul 27, 2001
    they should have spanked some of those monkeys....that was definately in order

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    oh yeah...well...your mom wears army boots!

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Not spank the monkey - shock the monkey. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.