main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY So.. I found another cat...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Samantha, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    .. Maybe its cats just find me cause they know im a caring person.

I decided at 6:30 this morning that i wasnt gonna go to class... cause i desperatly needed sleep...

9am.. i get up.. open the door and get the paper and theres this cat.. meowing its head off. So I say "Whats the matter" and the cat meows. Then I said it again and it meows some more, and then i spot it in a bush. And then I say to it "Well come here then" and then cat comes running over to me, rubs on me, purs at me, licks me.. so i of course invite it in.

Being this cat was found on my complex grounds im assuming it has a home somewhere...ive put up a found cat sign in the laundry room... But for now...

Meet Hannah.. (Hannah.. i decided to name her.. because i was gonna name her Alaska orginially.. to go with my theme... then decided to find a city in alaska.. and theres a place called Honnoh. So thats how she became Hannah)

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/jedisamantha/hannah/websize/HPIM1305.JPG]

If she isnt claimed.. I might keep her. Otherwise... she could possibly be up for adoption :) She is a female, not spayed, between 6-10 months old. Looks to be in good health (Nice teeth, good fur, ears are a bit dirty, but i treated them this morning, I have a friend of mine.. Umm.. "borrowing" an FELV/FIV kit & needle from my old jod at CSVC so i can make sure shes healthy.

GOSH im such a sucker...

2. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Well good for you. I love cats ahs she looks adorable. I hope you get to keep her. Your like catwoman, they talk to you. LOL. That was really cheesy. Anyway. Good luck with Hannah.

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I miss the Asia show! LOL

4. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    She seems to be very trusting of Humans, she may have an owner. I would put up found signs first and then see what happens. Make sure you see some form of Vet papers or something showing proof of the cat's ownership (don't want crazy people claiming it's their cat when it isn't). Any good owner will have a vet bill or immunization papers (we have for Pippi). If she's homeless, Pippi could use a little girlfriend :) We'd rename her Diamond though ;)

Look how bored he is LOL
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/familythings/pippin/websize/pipface.JPG]

5. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    I miss the Asia show! LOL

OMG!!! I remember that! Hahahaha!

I put up a found sign in the laundry room -- where all the lost animal signs live... The only thing i put on the flyer was the estimated age -- i said they would need to call me first with the sex, whether its been fixed or not, and the coloring. If they can identify all 3 -- then they can come by and look at her.

6. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Kris -

thats how I look right now at work LOL :p

Sam -

I see your menagerie continues to grow LOL .

7. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Sam -

I see your menagerie continues to grow LOL .

LMAO. Kopacz said the same thing to me this morning cause i was telling him how Hannah looks like that stray cat that was infront of Spats house that night we were filming Jedi house lol.

But this will be my LAST animal though -- atleast until Dakota passes away which is gonna be soon. Chinchillas live 6-10 years and hes gonna be 6 in July.

And Asia is getting old too. Shes gonna be 11 in 2 weeks :(

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Kitty!!

If I were there, I would take her. :( She's pretty.

9. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    She has a pretty pink collar on now too :)

Shes very lovable. Callie doesnt like her though lol.

10. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I can't have pets in the dorms. :mad: I wanna kitty! :_|

*steals Tim's cat*

11. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I found a stray cat myself. Pictured here:

[image=http://www.briansetzer.com/memorobilia/rebels03.jpg]

"Rocky" likes beer and cigarettes loose cars and fast chicks...or is it fast cars and loose chicks. Either way you better be ready if you're coming to spay or neuter him. ;)

12. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Hannah is cute, I wish that we could have pets in dorms... :)

13. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    OMG! Hannah looks just like my first cat, Clancy!

Awwwww!

14. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    If no one claims her within the required 7 days that the NYS law mandates, I havnt decided if i will keep her yet. If not, Kristen -- you have first dibs on her.

Only problem is --

She a bit on the fat side -- and not spayed -- IF you catch my drift. She would need to get checked by a vet.

I have a friend whos a vet who owes me a favor. If the cat is still here on his next day off -- he might swing by with some "borrowed" stuff and give her an exam. For free which is awesome lol.

Im currently treating her for ear mites -- so that treatment would need to be continued.

Other then that -- Shes SO playful and adorable!

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I still want a kitty. Sam, if you find any others - some friendly ones :p - pass them my way!

Then again, if Hannah's about to have kitties... [face_laugh] Is she old enough to?

16. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    :) Well the main thing is -- ya gotta have the money to get her spayed (Spaying reduces the risk of breast cancer, and eliminates the risk of pyrometria -- which both will run you 1200.00+! Whats better.. 300.00 or 1200.00?) -- and she might need shots and stuff -- and i can be the first to tell you, having a cat is EXPENSIVE!

When she lays down, her tummy is like a round balloon. I felt around -- but its so tense i cant really get a grasp on anything..If she is pregnanet -- we'll find out in about 3-6 more weeks lol.

..then again in my 5 years in the vet field, i've NEVER felt a pregnanet animals belly. So hopefully my vet friend Jon will come by and take a peak at her if no one cliams her.

And yes, she is old enough to have kittens. Female cats can go into their first heat cycle at 6 months of age. She has all her permenant teeth -- so i am assuming her to be between 6-10 months old.

With the note posted in the laundry room -- everyone around here does laundry on Saturday and Sunday -- so if i dont hear anything by sunday night -- im gonna assume she has no owner. But still -- i wont make any final decisions until Friday the 12th.

[image=http://photos.imageevent.com/jedisamantha/hannah/websize/HPIM1307.JPG]

17. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
    Hate to sound mean but maybe the person that she belonged to kicked her out if she's pregnant. :(

18. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    They could have.. which would suck. And if I found out that a person had kicked her out for that reason -- i would call the ASPCA on them.

19. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Also -- I have started her on a regimend of stongid -- which is a dewormer. It just hit me this morning that her belly could be bloated if she has worms.

20. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    Thats a wonderful thing to know about..Good olkittly worms. Right before lunch too. LOL, good job taking care of Hannah Sam.

21. cyranodb

Aug 26, 2001
  22. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Want me to make it worse Julian? They look like little spaggehti when they come out :p

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    EEWW!!! I hope that she is having kittens and not worms, cause worms don't sound like fun when they are in the cat or when they come out.

24. Saberwielder315

Oct 14, 2004
    I've seen worse. Remember, I work at an Animal Shelter.

25. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    Worms arent bad.. but they arent good. They are easily killed with one of two drugs -- panacur which cats hate -- and strongid. Strongid smells like bananas. Good stuff. She got a dose this morning, she'll get another in 3 days, and then once more in 10 days, and then again in 30 days. (Im aggressivly treating her.. it wont hurt her at all)

She and Callie are finally starting to get along.

Hannah has made herself right at home!

And no calls as of yet!

Edit: One person called me -- the neighbor of the owner of the cat. Apparently, the owners of this cat -- do not deserve to have a cat occording to the neighbor. They never let her inside, and they already lost 3 cats. The guy described the cat perfectly - even down to the smell! The neighbor isnt gonna tell the owners -- because hes been feeding the cat and stuff. So i told him that if they dont call me by Friday, they lose out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.