main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So I guess I make Member #150

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by SkyeLightrider, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening, depending on when you are reading this.

The name's Skye Lightrider. At least, that's what I am referred to on the boards. My real name is Bevan Rogers. Some of you met me Saturday, September 17 for that month's RMFF meeting at Fat City. For the others, if you recall the premiere of Episode III at the AMC 24 theater off of C-470 and Broadway, I was the unobtrusive guy with the Pink Twi'Lek :p

Well what can I say about myself... I'm a 20 year old (though 21 September 28!) Senior at the Colorado School of Mines. My Major is Electrical Engineering with a Minor in Economics, and I will graduate May 2006, hopefully. I was born in Melbourne, Australia, though I have lived in the US since I was 5 years old, except for 3 years in Scotland for the last three years of elementary school. I still retain my Australian Citizenship of course.

Hobbies, well besides Star Wars, are mostly video games, snowboarding, and martial arts. I also play golf a little, play Role Playing Games (either in the RPF or a game called Munchkin while in RL), and dabble a little in FanFiction. My greatest work is a character called Skye Lightrider (big surprise) who is so heavily AU it's not funny :p

On the JC, I hang mostly in the RPF, the YJCC and the Games forums, though I hope the RMFF is my next venue to hang out in. I co-GM an RPG called the New Jedi Outcasts RP with my character Skye. I also am a member of another RMFFers RPG, Bravo's Howlrunner Squadron as their mysterious mechanic Heero Aurion. I recommend both games to anyone interested in role-playing.

Well that's mostly what I am and do here on the JC. Now I did enjoy the meeting last night (for the most part, the first two hours were kinda heated :p ) but I'm still not quite sure I want to be member #150. I believe I would enjoy the group and the resources, and I think I could contribute in my own meager way.

I guess I will observe and participate on the boards for a while, get a feel for the system before I make any judgements.

Thanks to those there yesterday who (eventually) got to making me feel welcome :)

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
  3. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Indeed. Welcome! Mines, huh? Impressive. Most impressive. </Vader>

4. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
  5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    *rocks back and forth on poarch chewing on a piece of something*

Well now. I best be gettin out mah newbie huntn gun!

*Craziness takes over, the peons flee for their lives*

I'm not really like that... usually ;)

Welcome to the group!!! :)

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome! I knew several students from your school when I was out in that area. Good to see another tech person thinking of joining! :) EE and economics certainly sounds like a very useful combination to have! Is it that you have separate interests in both subjects, or are you planning to combine the two for a career after you graduate?

7. BerusBantha

BerusBantha Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Welcome! Always good to have more newbies. Hope you decide to stay awhile.

8. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Welcome, don't be suprized if you never see more then the same 15 "active" members.

Hope you won't get sick of us to soon.

9. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    Hey BEv wassah jigga! ahah hey thanks for posting them rpg links I asked about, hope to play it soon
    i think ill try for that space trooper squad think, but well see

10. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Hi skye!! I am sorry it took me so long to post here.

11. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Welcome Bevan, I know you're a friend of Bravo, I wasn't able to be at the Meeting on Saturday (I was out of town). I hope to meet you soon at an upcoming meeting or event.

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Bev, welcome! I too was unable to attend the meeting this past weekend. From the sounds of it, 'twas an.....interesting......meeting to say the least. Hope you weren't TOO scared off.

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    SkyeLightrider it was nice to meet you .

14. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    since I was gone but now I'm back do I get to me a newbie because I would really like to be member 151 . RUM BOY could be my new name.

15. daisyfacedawn_13

daisyfacedawn_13 Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2005
    Cool, I wonder what number I am...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.