So, I just picked up an NES...

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarthMak, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I feel like a chode for forgetting Tecmo Super Bowl. Here's another one I forgot, and I should be hit with force lightning for forgetting it:

Baseball Stars
  2. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone remember Base Wars? It was baseball with robots. I used to like that game too.
  3. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4
    Base Wars was a cool game. Buying the sword for everyone then forcing tags on the play so you could kill the other team. =D

Get Final Fantasy(as said above) and the whole Dragon Warrior series 1-4. Also, another game you may wish to check out is Destiny of an Emperor; sometimes hard to follow because all names are in original japanese(?) language so it can get confusing, but it's a really fun rpg. Oh yes.... get Offroad also, great game.
  4. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    Batman
    Dick Tracy
    Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles
  5. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes Tecmo is another classic. This thread makes me want to borrow my bro's NES. Another good game is DuckTales.
  6. RebelOutlaw_Ace Jedi Knight

star 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3, the Turtles games, Gauntlet II, StarTropics, Tecmo Super Bowl, Nightshade...

*sniff* Ah, good times, good times....

-Reb
  7. skrutop Jedi Knight

star 1
    Forgive any repeats, what about:

Blades of Steel or
    Ice Hockey (it's all about the fat guy.)
    Kirby's Adventure
    Skate or Die
    Bionic Commando
    Kung Fu
    Battletoads
    Marble Madness
    StarTropics
    Tennis
    Wizardry
    NARC
    Ghosts 'n Goblins
    T & C Surf Design
    Ice Climbers
    Life Force
    Pro Wrestling
    Super C

But all in all, if you're only going to get 1 game, make it Super Dodgeball.

Wow, this NES talk takes me back....happy gaming! (*sigh as I go back to my boring PS2*)
  8. gwaernardel Jedi Master

star 4
    Shadowgate...like the first RPG-puzzle-type game I've ever played. I still play it sometimes.
  9. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Tonight, I bought TSB, TMNT 1, The Incredible Crash Dummies, and Mega Man 2. I should be good for a while. Thanks guys for reminding me of how many great games the NES had. :)
  10. WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Master

star 4
    Did you buy a NES Max?? That will be helpful if you want to advance in TMNT.
  11. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice selections, skrutop!! Blades of Steel, Ice Hockey, and Ghosts N'Goblins were some great games. Every time someone posts here, we get more and more games that I overlooked!
  12. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I still have my old NES. The games I play most are Pro Wrestling, Excitebike, Castlevania (it's been almost 14 years and I still can't beat it :( ) and Kung Fu.
  13. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah Blades os Steel is awesome. I loved getting into fights.
  14. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    My favorite game easily is Excitebike. I played it non stop when I was little, I even had friends come over and we had tournaments. And when I popped that cartridge in my new NES, it felt like I was traveling back through time to the days of my childhood.

I love Excitebike.
  15. skrutop Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for the praise, Jirin, I take great pride in my former NES games. Of course that didn't keep me from buying State of Emergency or Oni for the PS2 in the last year; we all make mistakes!

Don't feel bad about not beating Castlevania, B'omarr, I never beat it either. Actually, my first (of many) controller-throwing experiences came from the floating Medusa heads on the second level....."They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM!!!" :p

Totally forgot about Excitebike. I was so excited when I was at BestBuy playing ExciteBike 64 and found the classic game in there. After about 5 minutes, a few mid-20s and 30 year-olds came up and said "Excitebike! Can I play?" Best game ever.

The other great thing about the NES was the bad games. And there were a lot. Sometimes you have to look back and think "what the hell were they doing?" What makes it funny is that our expectations back then were really low. Now, we hear about games in production for 2-3 years and get all worked up for them (like MGS2), and then they're merely mediocre and we get pissed. Back then we had no expectations, so the bad games are just REALLY, REALLY bad....like haha funny bad.
  16. Aragorn328 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I miss my old NES. I must get around to buying one sometime...
  17. gwaernardel Jedi Master

star 4
    I still have my NES hooked up...along with SNES, Atari, Playstation, and Dreamcast...
    Yeah, I need a life.
  18. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Holy SH** check this out NES on the go.

Mustsee

Edit: Even better the ultimate Nintendo system

UltimateNES

Also look around the site there are some good prices on games. Current games for 5-10 bucks cheaper.

Edit2: Never mind the prices are crap. False advertising. They have Morrowind listed as 41.99 with 9 bucks for standard shipping. 15 for second day. for 4 dollars more than the standard shiping price I can get the game at EB.com for 2nd day shiping.
  19. bountyhunter2999 Jedi Master

star 4
    Get Spy Hunter on NES.

Or if you have an XBOx, you can play the original Spy Hunter on the XBox version of Spy Hunter.
  20. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mike Tyson's Punchout
    Metroid
    The Legend of Zelda
    Tecomo Bowl
    Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3
    Duck Hunt
    Castlevania 1,2,3
  21. Jedi_Hope Jedi Master

star 4
    psst, dont tell anyone but I have a DC Disk that has EVERY NES game on it. ones from Japan too! [I didn't make it, a friend gave it to me. no idea how he got it.]
  22. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    psst, dont tell anyone but I have a DC Disk that has EVERY NES game on it. ones from Japan too! I didn't make it, a friend gave it to me. no idea how he got it.

I'm sure having it is way less an offense than making it. ;)
  23. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can play NES games on my GBA. Got to love that.

Anyone remember Rygar? That was another one of my favs.
  24. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    I just dug out my old NES and all of my dust covered games. The purpose for this is because I am too cheap to buy a damn next generation system and I also want to have a game to play with my wife.

Surprisingly my NES began working again just fine. I played an intense game of duck hunt (I still got it man, However that dumb dog still wont die when I shoot him) ;-)

Unfortunately when I slapped my Castlevania III game in it locked up half way through the first level. BLAST!!!! My Nintendo locked up!!! To it's credit the reason for the lock up is probably due to old age, lots of dust, and etc. Now I wonder what Microsoft's excuse is? That's a story for another day...

Anyway I have rambled on enough now. Time for bed.
  25. Protoss72000 Force Ghost

star 3
    Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.