main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi So, I may have been here since 2001, but I promise that I am a "Noob" in many ways!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by George_W_Boushh, Oct 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George_W_Boushh

George_W_Boushh Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    I used to post on these boards back in a time period between 2001 and 2006 as we were awaiting the last two prequel films, and then discussing all Star Wars saga films once the six original films were released. The boards were so much different back then in terms of the page layout, avatar options, and interactions that took place between users.

Is there a place within these board where oldies like me can get together and reminisce about the good ole days whenever we were heavily discussing topics such as:
    - Count Dooku's "Flame Saber"
    - If Jango was pronounced as "Yango" or "Dj-ango"
    - Rumors of the Mustafar lightsaber battle taking place in a snowy-lava environment
    - Sido-Dias vs. Syfo-Dias (Hahahahahahahaha)
    - The Padme-Anakin-Obi-Wan love triange
    - SuperShadow Spoilers
    - Elton John composing a rumored vocally recorded piece for ROTS
    - Peter Meyhew apparently claiming that ROTS opened up with a Wookiee Battle on Kashyyk
    - Aura-Sing returning for AOTC
    - Other fantastical and wondrous theories that kept this place more entertaining than real life itself

I miss the good ole days of these discussions, but social media has really changed how prepare for the upcoming films. While I am thankful for annual Christmas Star Wars films, there was always something special about a three year wait between the main saga films. Remember the Episode II "George Lucas Selects" photographs that we analyzed like crazy? How about the monthly "Making of Documentaries"? How about the BS of the "Star Wars Hyperspace Subscription" needed to closely follow Episode III?

Last, but not least, who can forget the day when the "Back in Black" Episode III video dropped? Man. What a day that was.

I am glad that there are so many new users, and I am trying my best to orientate myself to these new (to me) forums. As I have lurked, I have noticed quite a few familiar faces back in the Prequel Trilogy days.

Take it easy, folks.

EDIT: You can definitely tell that my user name was a sign of the era from which I arrived. Anyone else remember Al_Rancor and Boba_ORiley? Fantastic memories.

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Most of that was slightly before my time :p as I first registered here in 2004 :p

Welcome back! I hope that you can create even more memories by posting again!

I remember the days of Hyperspace where everyone was analysing every pixel in a spoiler pic :p good old times!

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome back!!

Most of those topics are best discussed in the Prequel Trilogy Forums. Supershadow has not been seen around these parts in some time, or as far as anyone can tell under that name. Spoilers for the Sequel Trilogy can found in the spoiler allowed forum HERE.

4. Blade Of Kenobi

Blade Of Kenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    Welcome back! Man, those were the days. The PT era was a great time of speculation and fan ingenuity/creativity. I remember checking the forums every day to read up on the latest, crazy fan theory. Remember N'Sync's rumored cameos during the Battle of Geonosis? I miss the halcyon days of old message boards and slooow dial-up internet. We've been oversaturated by social media. Back then, we had to work for whatever tidbit we could find. Now that we have everything at our fingertips, it's not quite the same. I also miss the old layout and avatar options. I loved the old avatars and banners that turned festive during the holidays. A lot of work went into that. It's a shame the site had to change.

Tython Awakening and Sarge like this.
  5. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Welcome Back!

@JabbaTheTrump may be after you soon tho with his twitter! [face_devil]

Iron_lord and Tython Awakening like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    All those years I spent trying to forget Supershadow, now wasted. :(

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    How about that old late 1990's discussion, "Will Colin Powell run for the Presidency?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Powell

Seems like that eventually became a joke, digressing into people talking about "fire in the belly."

I know. I'm off topic. Someone is going to remind me about political threads. I needed a nostalgic moment.

Blade Of Kenobi and Sarge like this.
  8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard! :)

I don't think that we we have a board dedicated to the old times, although I really see the fun side of this. But in the end it can be placed within one single topic "former times were better". :p Nevertheless, I hope that you find your place. May it PT (mentioned above) or at another board. You'll find likeminded people for sure. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

9. George_W_Boushh

Jun 16, 2001

Ahhhh, yes. The Hyperspace Days. This is when George Lucas figured out that he could make money off of those of us who loved spoilers for the Prequel Films. I never bought the service, but I do recall that many of us who were around were overly pissed at the decision to give exclusive Episode III access to the paying fans. Ehhhh. hahahaha. Those were still great times, though, because it never failed that brave users would flat out post the Hyperspace content at random times whenever mods were not online. Amazing stuff.

Dandelo likes this.
  10. George_W_Boushh

Jun 16, 2001
    Oh, wow! Hahahahaha. I am excited. I mean, I hope he goes easy on me. I definitely do not want to be bullied. I joke. I joke. Excellent user name he has, though.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  11. George_W_Boushh

Jun 16, 2001

Looks like we have a new trilogy of films to get excited about. It seems that I will be here for a very long time.

12. George_W_Boushh

Jun 16, 2001
    Your post is so nostalgic that it almost brings tears to my eyes. Wow. Yeah. Those were special times, my friend. Very...special times.

Blade Of Kenobi likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Please avoid posting consecutively. Use the edit feature on the bottom of the previous post to add more content to the original one. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.