JCC So, I May Have Cancer....

Discussion in 'Community' started by G-FETT, Feb 13, 2013.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Agreed about the "no news is good news" outlook. Not because I'm being optimistic, but because your doctor doesn't want a malpractice lawsuit for leaving you hanging for what would be nearly 2 months in which you could have begun aggressive treatment. Congrats on being clear.
  2. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Is it the NHS? Just be prepared for all the prenatal paraphernalia that's going to be coming to your post box now... ;)

But I agree with ACoD - you'd be called in right away if it was (dramatic pause) *dump dum DUNNNNN! Bad News.

Say, a week from next tuesday.

(But, seriously, it all sounds pretty good over all - but continued good vibes coming your way - keep us posted.)

3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
  4. Drunk Ben Kenobi Jedi Youngling

My friend's father was found to have a tumor in his colon and they scheduled surgery for the next day. I'm not an MD but I would assume that it's not anything super serious.
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    That's a brutally long time to wait, but it doesn't sound serious which is good!
  6. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Here's hoping it's good news, G-FETT!! But that's an awfully long time to wait to hear it.
  7. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    can you ask them to at least confirm that it's NOT cancer before the scheduled appointment, given the fact you don't particularly want to wait around for 6 weeks with any kind of doubt whatsoever?
  8. zigazigahh Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm sorry that you have to wait 6 weeks - I get how much waiting sucks, but like the other I'm hopeful this means the prognosis is good! Hopefully you can get some sort of answer beforehand, but either way, I'm thinking of you!
  9. smudger9 Force Ghost

star 2
    Absolutely agree with this. If it was malignant you'd be booked in for an organectomy/lumpectomy or discussion with an oncologist within 2 weeks. (I'm an anaesthesioligist).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    Glad it seems to be good news.

Though it's never too late to buy an RV, shave your head, grow a goatee and start cooking meth in the desert.
    J_Girl, Darth_Invidious and lexu like this.
  11. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    My thoughts exactly. It probably is good news, but it would be nice to know for sure between now and the appointment.
    CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah I would call them or something just to make sure. Kind of unfair that you have to wait that long.
  13. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Hi all,

Just to give you all an update.

I've still not had an definative answer Re. the biopsy's. I go back for the results two weeks today (March 28th)

However, I did have a word with my GP and whilst he hadn't heard anything definative either at that point it appears highly likely that I've got a PRE-cancerous condition that will need treatment, probably with lasar ablation and possibly medication as well. I may also have to have teeth removed (if they turn out to be the source of the lesion) BUT it almost certainly isn't malignant at this point.

I'll let you all know for sure though when I go for the appointment on the 28th.

Thanks for all your wishes and kindness. :)
    Last edited by G-FETT, Mar 14, 2013
  14. heels1785 Jedi Draft and Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Whew. I read before your edit, glad I refreshed!

Thoughts are with you.
  15. Amatsu Mikaboshi Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, hoping for the best for you.
  16. Kiki-Gonn Chosen One

star 6
    Sounds encouraging, hang in there.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
  18. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Sorry that you don't have a definitive answer yet, but I imagine they're just playing safe.
  19. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Thanks all. :)

I'm pretty relaxed now I must admit. My GP confirmed that if it was anything "aggresive" I would be in much quicker than six weeks (though with the NHS you never entirely rule out a cock up ;) )

But I am taking it as a sign from my body that I'm getting towards middle age and its time to start looking after myself much more (which foolishly I haven't been doing, especially when I was in my 20's) Of course most people don't take care of themselves in their 20's and they are absolutely fine but my body had a LOT to put up with when I was younger and retrospectively I can see that I've been reckless with my health.

Hopefully as horrible as this whole period has been it will end up being a positive.
    Last edited by G-FETT, Mar 14, 2013
  20. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Promising news, thanks for the update. Hope your official follow up goes well.
  21. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah it does sound promising. Hang in there!
  22. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Glad to hear it sounds promising. Hopefully that will be confirmed at the end of the month!
  23. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    Here's sending you the best thoughts possible and MTFBWY!

Glad to hear it's not the worst.
  24. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Glad it is not the worst case scenario , but still pre- cancerous condition is still a helluva long time to be waiting six weeks for an appointment.
  25. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Welcome to the NHS (envy of the world don't you know) ;)

Seriously, I've had the original lesion for something like five years without any problems and without knowing what it was, so I guess another few weeks makes little difference.