main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So I plan on getting stuff off of ebay..............

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darthspino, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I am not sure if I can post anything about ebay but here goes, I have about $20.00 and I can only use the computer at my school and I cant order stuff off the internet cause my parents dont want me to.But my friend said he would bid on stuff for me.I am mainly looking at vintage figures that start off at $1.00.If I get at least ONE vintage figure MIB off of ebay for cheap, I will be the most grateful person in the world.I am also grounded from the phone so I can call my friend to have him increase the price of the bid on ebay for me, at the last second.What I am wondering is, how should I make my choices on what to bid on? How can I be sure I get what I want? This is my first time getting anything from ebay and I am not sure what to do.I hope my question isn't too confusing.Thanks for the help :)

2. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Well, to start off do a search on what you're interested in to try and find out how much that item usually goes for. Then, try to find a good seller that has fair opening bid and shipping prices. Make sure you read the item's description, and if you're wondering about something or the item's condition isn't clearly listed feel free to go ahead and email the seller asking for a more detailed description, or even pics if they have them. If you're happy with the item check the seller's feedback to make sure no one else has had problems with them in the past, and make sure if they don't list shipping fees in the auction that you email them and ask what the shipping cost will be so you don't get ripped off on shipping.

If you can find a seller with what you want, positive feedback and good prices bid away, but remember, chances are pretty good that someone else will be selling this item again in the future, so stick with your high bid price and don't get into a bidding war with another eBayer. That's probably the best advice I can give you, do a little research and be patient, if you are you can really get some excellent deals on eBay.

Good luck, I hope you can find, and win, what you're looking for! :D

Edit: Spelling.... [face_blush]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also, if you do not live in the same country as the seller, make sure that the seller will ship internationally. A lot will not, as I have found. Normally it will say under shipping, but if it doesn't then you should email the seller to check.

4. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanks alot guys, I will do that and let you know if I get what I am bidding for :)

5. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Good luck braving Ebay. It can be rough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.