main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC So I really screwed up: the definative Year 12 thread.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Master_Damir, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Epicure...............yuck....................Powder Finger rip offs

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I would have thought Epicure were a Cordrazine rip off...but I don't even think Cordrazine exist anymore :p

I wouldn't have minded going down to Tassie for the Falls down there...a kind of 'virgin' festival thing, less of the drugged stuffed atmosphere that we've come to know and love about Lorne. If only I could have convinced someone in Geelong to start up a music festival...

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    In Lorne's defense, the drugs are usually pretty mild and the atmosphere is utterly non-threatening and friendly as opposed to say, the clientele usually attracted to a BDO etc. It's your classic 'Cat Empire' demographic as my mates and I like to call it. ;) People who just love pure, unquestioning fun.

Queenscliff do a half decent music fest annually, which isn't THAT much of a hike from Geelong. ;)

4. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Ooh, I'm not bagging Lorne Falls, I love the music and bands and the very friendly atmosphere, I'm just a sook, don't mind me ;)

And Queenscliffe is always on my agenda, I love it madly. Last year I got to actually talk to Fourplay without going quiet in awe, mainly becasue you can't be shy when you're squished up next to people in a cafe courtyard :p

But you know, all that untapped youth in G-town needs something close by to play with other than cars and wool :p

5. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    anybody going to the Rainbow Festival in Chute?

6. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Epicure *shudder*

Gads. Living in ballarat makes them worse. A gig on the weekend? Who's playing apart from Epicure? Bah. I think they got more people to the recent Damrock because Epicure *weren't* playing.

Yeah, Lorne's atmosphere is better than BDO's. And yeah, i absolutely love Queenscliff's atmosphere - everyone just concentrates on the music and on nothing else. Not that anything else is always a bad thing :p

Fourplay? I was listening to Cat Gut Yor Tongue? just before. I saw them last year at Queenscliff. Very good indeed. Speaking to Nicky Bomba and my bass teacher (their bass player) after Bomba's gig at Apollo Bay would be my highlight of such things so far.

7. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    "Drugs are Neat, and you can buy them relatively cheap. And whe you do them people think that you're cool. And whe you do them people think that you're cool." ~NOFX

Now then, drugs are not the answer, and are tottally not that big of an issue at a uni.

*dissapears*

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I would drill Banco de Gaia. He should come out to BDO or something. That would rockz0rz.

9. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Right.

*wakes up in random house fifth night in a row... runs home*

Well, it's done... can't bloody believe it.

Cool.

Yay for schoolies (21st-27th)... it will be like these last few nights, just mega. Yeah.

Falls will be teh wicked... the crowds are usually 'chilled', and just a fun way to spend a few nights in a tent. JBT, xavier, vasco era, living end... the list goes on. BDO likewise, geez i won't have anymore clean underwear after these holidays.

I shall hope to see you fellas tomorrow (happy hour ends at 8, $1 pots, so come and get happy with me before the party beginth) and then bring on December 13.

Yeah.

10. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I hate you damir.

11. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Thok'it to him

12. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Damir: you heading up to the Gold Coast?

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I'll see you there tonight Damir. Lachie promised to make an appearance as well, despite my strong urgings that you didn't like him and he should bugger off.

14. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    He is a VicFFdandy!

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Queenscliff on the weekend!

w00t!

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    QLD is so over rated

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    So is Italy. Armpit of a nation, seriously.

18. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    shaped like a boot for a reason

19. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I hope everyone's got Falls ticks, cause they sold out yesterday :( and i didn't get mine...

Schoolies was indeed a venture never to be forgotten. Went down to Portsea with about 15 people and stayed in a 6 bedroom mansion for the week, and well, not to exaggerate or anything, but the best week of my life :) There is, however, video footage that I have to hunt down and destroy *gets into hunting mode*

20. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    not to exaggerate or anything, but the best week of my life

It'll do that to you. Small wonder so many toolies exist, it really is awesome fun.

21. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Well Queenscliff was awesome...

Most surprising act: Moses O'Jah, for his Bob Marley infected Afro-beat. Amazing performer.

Most dissapointing act: The Beautiful Girls. I love their music but their performance left something to be desired. Although i think they were more than a little hungover.

The festival vibe was great, as is usual there. There were, unfortunately, an unusual amount of bogans in the area, but they kept more or less to themselves. And i bought a pair of hippy fisherman's pants which i have been wearing with abandon ever since. :D

And i may have a solution for you Damir, if you want. I have a friend who has purchased his Falls ticket already but has found out that if he gets a job he's applied for he'll have to work on new years etc. Thus, if he gets the job you'd be able to buy the ticket off him for face value. That's if you still want it. And not that i'm soliciting on an internet board. *ahem*.

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I have a buyer willing to purchase at inflated prices if need be. Real desperate case. Whilst respecting Damir's right as first offer, I'd be more than happy to facilitate a profitable business transaction with your friend if you want Boogie. :) I'm being quite serious, as opposed to quite soliciting, which of course, we would never sink to. ;)

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Heaven forbid.

24. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    hevean forbids everything.

Even Guinness.

25. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002