main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So I would like to get a new roommate

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Feb 4, 2013.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    The apartment is a bit more empty now and since I have to pay for everything I can handle it but it would be nice to split the apartment. Plus the bedroom is empty and its a personal annoyance paying for an empty room. Now 1 bedroom apts in my area are going for 700. My 2 bedroom rent is 800. I also have a garage, a big driveway that can fit six to 8 cars. Two acres of land. My bedroom is the smaller one. The big one can fit a queen size bed. King is pushing it. It is upstairs with lots of windows and it gets kinda cold in the winter. The big downside is the bedrooms themselves don't have vents so heat doesn't travel into the bedrooms unless the door is open. So my question is this, should I even start to look for another roommate till spring or summer or try right away? Trust me my ex and I had no idea about the lack of heat in the bedrooms and we had plans to move in the spring. But I don't mind the area and ease of travel. I am ten minutes from work, and everything else. If I shut the doors to bedrooms like I did with her room it got to around the mid 40s. Mine can get worse cause its over the downstair door to the outside. Plus heat is 100. cable is 100 and thats about it. Plus closet size is near nothing. Barely two feet by four feet. And the only closets are in the bedrooms.

So do I wait or just suck it up? It would save 500 or more off the rent and bills a month.

And please constructive criticism only. No insults or jabs or plain derailing of the thread for grammar or anything else.

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol, your ex.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Move to a smaller and cheaper apartment.

/thread

Darth Somnambulous likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Are we going to have to follow the Arlol route and create a "Beezel's Adventures in Housing" thread?

5. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I honestly can't answer that one. Does that amount for rent sound expensive or should I try to save some more and deal with a roommate? I would prefer someone with a job that can actually pay bills though. I make 2000 after taxes. So its not in the realm of me not being able to live there without to much hardship. I could also get an extra job and avoid the problems of a roommate all together and not have to worry. I mean would you rent a place out if you new it was going to be cold in the winter and you had to sacrifice privacy for warmth?

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it seems to me that without a roommate you should be able to save around $14,000 a year.

7. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000

[​IMG]

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes please for the love of God.

9. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Get one of them mini houses.

10. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I agree with the moving to a smaller apartment suggestion. I mean, you don't have much furniture left to move, so it should be quick.

V-2, jp-30, epic and 1 other person like this.
  11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    after such a traumatic break up from your ex, i would have thought you'd want to move. you know, all those bad memories and all.

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Do you really want to live with someone else after getting burned like you did? I would move to a smaller place.

13. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Beezel, master troller.

George Roper likes this.
  14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Bad memories can be anywhere. When I came home to find nothing what could I do. You get back up on the horse and move on. Its not the first time I have lost it all or had to give it all up. Won't be the last. You know what does hurt is trusting another female again. I just haven't been able to drop that feeling of uncertainty. You look at a couple and all you ask yourself is who is using who and for what? But its something I have to overcome.
    The open space inside and outside my apartment is really nice. Plus the supermarket and bank is two minutes away. Hudson Valley Community College is a block away. Neighbors are nice and quiet. No other neighbors next store. Its actually better as a one bedroom then a two because of lack of space. So I maybe I will give it a few months and see what happens. Its a month to month rental so its not like I am locked in. If the landlord changes their mind and wants to up it then I can just leave. Oh and she took the dresser. Its not bad for me cause its a pain to move. So I have several baskets for all my clothes so I am not hurting. I guess in the next few months I just have to make the place look livable not something a homeless guy would live in.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it might help your trust issues if you think of it as a roommate that screwed you over and not a "female" that screwed you over. since you know, you weren't actually involved in any other way.

16. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    idk what your question is. Should you get a roommate? Sure. Get a roommate.Rent will be cheaper. Or just move to a cheaper place.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    What an opportunity! Beez, my wife and I rent out our downstairs unit (house) to our friend, Joanna who is also looking for a new roomate. It's a very convenient location on street level, there is a cafe across the street if you are into such things, and it is in Philly's quiet Gayborhood. Joanna is a lesbian, of course, who just broke up with her girlfriend, which is why she is now living single. I know you like the comfort of familiarity, so this may be just the opportunity for you. From having access to your many calm, rational insights on your previous living conditions, I would be a fool to not want you as a tenant.

V-2, AaylaSecurOWNED and jp-30 like this.
  18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    just repurpose the senate. make lowie mod of a "beezel forum" and give him a bunch of arbitrary rules to enforce within beezel threads. everybody's happy

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am all for that. It isn't too drastic a change, since Beezel threads and Senate discussions are both based on comparible amounts of reason and rationale.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    his OPs tend to be pretty long and free of intentional humor/satire. look into it

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    If you get another roommate, live with another dude. Also, get a locking file cabinet so that nobody can gain access to your bank account and personal information again. It sounds like you want to recreate the living situation you just got out of... don't do that. Learn from your mistakes.

Billy_Dee_Binks and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    CRAIGSLIST, BEEZ!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

just dont tell your new roommate about the old one. you dont want to give them any ideas.

and i know blaming the victim and all but i think we need to consider the possibility that living with beezel just inspires people to take advantage of him. its worth investigating to see if he's "asking for it". beezel did your parents ever exploit your for cheap labor or try to sell you to anyone?

23. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    I know a person who is in constant search for a place to stay. This person is lazy and filthy but spends most of the day sleeping so won't bother you at all. I'll let you know as soon as the current roommates give them the boot.

24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    morella is this "person"... you?

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  25. Darth Morella

Apr 5, 2004
    :p

lol, no but this person does exist. I are srs.