main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC So I would like to get a new roommate

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, Ender is one of the shiftless poor. He once interviewed for a job in international finance, but was led out by security when he wouldn't stop screaming, "God save the Queen!" and has never been able to bring himself to try for work since. Now, his only possession is a nonfunctional Omega Seamaster Professional, once hurled at him by a wealthy businessman merely for the pleasure of witnessing his pain as he lay begging on the street. He spends his days in internet cafes, posting on the JCC, watching F1 racing, and stealing danishes. By night, he takes shelter in a cardboard box, crying himself to sleep as he desperately whispers, "Bond. James Bond," over and over to himself.

Congratulations on finally piercing the elaborate persona of success and status he has created to cope with the unyielding reality of the Australian streets, but really, it's truly a sad story and I'd suggest you not bring up any more cruel reminders of his pathetic state.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    That actually sounds aspirational, Havac! [face_love]

Beezel I am disgustingly lower North Shore in every way. However I'd point out that city and inner city residences are among the most expensive land in Sydney. Everyone wants to live close the city to cut down their commute. A 3br apartment in the CBD is around $1mil, which is like... more in USD. I live about 7mins drive from the CBD, over the harbour bridge - median prices for a 3-4br house/terrace in my suburb are >$1mil.

Depressing, really, since you expect to pay 9-10x your annual salary for a house now.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I misread that initially. I thought it sounded pretty harsh.

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    lol so did I!

5. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yup, same here. Skipped the f completely. :p

Back to topic: Beezel, again, get a smaller and cheaper apartment (with better heating of course). Learn to live alone for a bit. If any of the stuff regarding your ex ROOMMATE was true, I think you owe it to yourself to ride solo for a while before learning to trust someone again without mixing needs and/or emotions into it.

6. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    lol

7. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    you've had this parked in a .doc file for some time, just waiting to copy paste when the opportunity presented itself, havent you?

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No, it was actually in an Excel spreadsheet.