main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Discussion So if I buy some Disney shares I own a piece of episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by yodasbum, Nov 9, 2012.

1. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Anyone know the best place to buy a share in Disney?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    If I buy enough, maybe I'll get to call the shots.
    Muahaaahha.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN and yodasbum like this.
  3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Uh, at just about any brokerage? :p

Good for you for developing an interest in your financial future as a result of the acquisition, though!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I wouldn't invest too heavily in this at this point in time, given how little we know about it.

awesomejedi likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Disney is a cash cow anyway; I don't know that you'd make a huge return after Episode VII comes out, any more than you would now.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Any stock market-involved thang.

7. FloridaFilmGuy

FloridaFilmGuy Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2000
    In the same way that if you buy shares of viacom you own any paramount film or shares of comcast you own a universal film, yeah, I guess.......

8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    But why would you buy shares unless you bought a lot? To buy a lot is the only way you will make significant money. To buy a lot you need a lot of money. Only if you bought A LOT would you be able to control the new direction of SW and Disney.

9. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Hand of the Mod Squad and Enforcer of the Realm star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    A share of common stock entitles you to a pro rata share of the equity interest in the company as a whole and not any divisible portion of it. Disney, however, could create a derivative or some other class of stock that may be based off Star Wars revenue stream.

10. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    In Soviet Russia, Disney owns piece of YOU! Wait. They do here in the USA, too

11. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I work for Disney. Sometimes I think how great it is to work for the company that does Pixar, Marvel, Muppets, and Star Wars.

But then I get depressed because I don't get to work on any creative projects at all, just garbage TV.

They have a nice stock matching plan, but I don't make enough money to really invest in it and pay my rent.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon LACWAC-y Mod of SWTV & New Films Force projection star 4 Staff Member Manager

Sep 15, 2010
    Disney informed their major stockholders to expect a loss for the next two years arising from the LucasFilm aquisition. Once 2015 rolls around, they are fully expecting a windfall.

Apparently, one of the few Jedi powers that hasn't yet been shown on screen is their ability to make it rain.