main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

so im from Grand Island

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Rogue_Squad_Leader-, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Hi!! Any luck with this? Im in Omaha right now but am orginally from the GI area and visit the GI/Aurora often for family. If you need any help I was around when Omaha's group started going. I believe to get started you need to do what these guys have already told you to do, get some people together and start a thread, than as you get people involved you can start a group by having 3 meeting/events. Theres a chance I might be moving to Aurora in the future so I'd be glad to help out if I can. I'll keep my eye out for posts. Good Luck!

2. HuskerJedi3409

HuskerJedi3409 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I just found your message board and thought I would reply. I'm also in Grand Island and would be interested in getting some sort of group together. Let me know. Thanks

3. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    okay, I was thinking. There are a couple of people in GI who are interested in a FF but Grand Island is so small you could run out of stuff to do real fast. So I was wondering if Grand Island and Lincoln could maybe comine FF's. Switching off from meeting in Lincoln and GI. It's only a little over an hour drive. I am also saying this due to fact of the Lincoln FF really going no where... no pun intended.

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't currently drive and think that would be a tad bit out of the way. Plus, no offense to Grand Island......but I think Lincoln might be a better place for meetings....

Plus, what about weather and such?

5. HuskerJedi3409

HuskerJedi3409 Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I don't mind coming to Lincoln for meetings...just let me know. In time, we may get enough interest to split off and have a Grand Island group. Thanks

6. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    It's a fair idea to switch off and on, but it may not be practical. I think we're probably all busy enough that driving an hour or so for a FF meeting doesn't fit easily into our schedules.

But that's just me. :)

7. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I see where you guys are coming from and I agree with you 100%. HuskerJedi and myself are presently working on a Grand Island FF chapter!! Maybe sometime we could have a joined meeting in Lincoln(your absolutly correct about Grand Island having no place to meet).

8. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Good luck with starting a FF in GI. My family is all orginially from GI and Lincoln, so I'm a bit partical to the 'homeland'. ;) Plus I was one of the original members of the RMFF (Denver), and was their founding CR.

If you'd like more info on starting a GI FF, PM me. I might have some ideas. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.