main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic So, I'm listening to Christmas music...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by cristalvandepol, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    Yet, I feel no cheer. Nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! No tingling sensation, no joyful feeling, nothing.

I have a theory for this lack of cheer. It's called: "Christmas: It Comes Earlier Each Year." That's right folks. If I was taking some really cool class I'd seriously right a paper about this.

Anyways, did anyone else notice that right after Remembrance Day, the Christmas stuff starts? The Second Cup gets their cool christmas themed cups, the cafeteria puts up their Christmas tree, and the shopping begins. I just can't take it this year. I've got too much going on and in an effort to get myself into the spirit I found some Christmas music... I must say that as I listen to it I want to change it to Coldplay, or something. Goodness, it hasn't even snowed yet. In Halifax it's rain and rain and more rain until I've got rain coming out of my ears.

So, anyone else having this problem of getting into the spirit? Or am I some weird freak?

2. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    I don't think you're a freak because I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit either. I usually don't feel it until it is December. I don't know about you, but I think I'll feel it on the day of my last exams :D :D :D

3. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    Nope, you're a freak, Crissers. Sorry. :p

4. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Yeah... I know what you mean. Secular Christmas drives me up the wall.

1. Way too trite.

2. Way to early.

Fortunately, O Magnum Mysterium gives a vital shot of real Christmas.

5. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Get out of here Dutchman!! This is my sanctuary away from you! :p

Yeah, I feel the same. Though, once exams are done I get the pleasure of going to work at Wal-Mart. :oops: If I didn't need the money for school, I'd be having an awesome Christmas.

6. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    There a couple of weird people in my building that already have their trees up. [face_plain]

7. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I agree about the Christmas stuff going up too early. But y'all in Canada have the suckier end of it. After Halloween, y'all have no holiday between then and Christmas, so it's all you hear about for two months! At least here in the states, we have Halloween, then Thanksgiving to think about! By the time Thanksgiving is done, we're ready for our month of Christmas! Y'all have an overkill of Christmas...

8. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    We have Remembrance Day...even though it's not a holiday...we get it off. That one is talked about a little bit. I'm trying here. :p

9. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Yeah, after Remembrance Day weekend is when all the crazy Christmas decorations went up around my school. I cringed when I heard the Christmas music playing from The Second Cup when I was getting something to eat from the Killam Bistro in the library. Though, I figure that once I get some Egg Nog in me and I put up a Christmas tree and I see some snow, I might be ready for some Christmas spirit. :p

10. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    You guys have a Second Cup at school? [face_envy}

11. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    We do. We also have two Tim Hortons and a Starbucks... also a chinese restaurant and two pizza places. We got lots of stuff. :p

12. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    This is all on campus?

We've got a Tim's and a couple of cafteria places on campus...and two bars. :p

13. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    I love the Chinese restaurant on Campus...

'Best Chinese'

General Gao's spicy chicken 2.00!

14. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Yeah, Dalhousie rocks for this sort of thing. I guess high tuition=lots of places to eat. Back when my sister started to go here they used to have a Harvey's in the LSC. :p Plus, we have our infamous hot dog stand ran by the Dawgfather in front of the SUB. The constant pain in the DSU's back.

EDIT: We have the Grawood and the Grad House for bars, plus the T-Room down on Sexton Campus.

15. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Don't forget the HMCS Wardroom!

16. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Oh, sorry. Is that on Kings' campus? I wandered onto your campus once. Even went into the library. Everything looked too nice. I was scared. I quickly rushed back to the bomb shelter and got a 3 dollar hot chocolate and sat in the atrium so I'd feel right again. :p

17. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    A $3 hot chocolate? Why??? That's insane!!!

Yuck, gotta start studying for exams tomorrow. :p

18. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yep, the Wardroom is in the A'n'A, where I also work security!

19. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Are we feeling the Christmas spirit yet? I turned on my Christmas lights...although I'm thinking more about exams than Christmas yet.

20. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    It's Advent. Nope!

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
  22. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    As in, no Christmas spirit.

23. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'm listening to Christmas music right now, also heard some on the radio and hour ago.

But, to quote my second favorite Klingon, "I am not a merry man." Too busy with an exam and a paper.

(Bob Saget approves this post)

24. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    I listen to Christmas music when it comes on the radio. But really the only time I'm conscious at home is when I' getting ready for one of my jobs, so there's not much time to listen to the Christmas cheer... :(

25. cristalvandepol

Jan 30, 2002
    Okay so I've had egg nog, I've gotten drunk when it was cold outside, it has snowed, I've listened to Christmas music, I eat my chocolates out of my advent calendar, but yet... I'm still not feeling it. I nearly cried out in pain at the bright colours of the Christmas lights!! :p

Ah, now it sounds familiar. I think my friend who goes to Kings but is in TWO of my classes at DALHOUSIE mentioned it before. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.