main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So I'm thinking of buying a Gamecube...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by hawk, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Anyone disagree with the purchase? I really want to play the Metroid/Zelda/Mario games because I always loved them on all the other Nintendo systems. A waste or a good buy now?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    IMO, the Gamecube has probably the best overall array of titles to choose from, so I'd say go for it.

3. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    You can get a good bundle for it now. Not my first choice (my last actually) but I'm not a fan of Nintendo's more kiddie titles and their old series. They have some first party games that are supposed to be good. But few fit in my tastes. And they lack 3rd party support.

I think I'm the only gamer alive who doesn't like Mario.

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    You already have a PS2 right, Hawk? Might aswell get a Cube then if you want to play their bigger franchises. The Cube is the system to get once you already have another console. Last I heard Australia was getting the short end of the stick with Nintendo releases. Might have to import the more obscure titles, though.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    IMO, GC's sux. I only like the Mario games on them and and the ATI GPU chipset built in. Everything else, Bah.

Spent those dollars on my PC than a GC.

You know, X-Box is another choice I go for.

6. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I'd say go for it, your not gonna get Metroid or Zelda anywhere else

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Right now, XBox is the hottest system out there, so I would recommend that.

8. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Or maybe a PS2?

9. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I have an Xbox.

Best choice I every made! :)

Though, I'm thinking of actually buying a gamecube for such reasons as: WWE: Day of Reckoning (sp?), Metroid, Zelda, and Mario.

10. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    also, if you get a Gamecube look at Super Smash Brothers: Melee. Thats an awesome game

11. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    I don't like Mario.

I think you should get a gamecube, they are cheap, got good games (and their bad ones like all other consoles), they have cool connectivity bonuses with the GBA / GBA SP.

I say go for it.
    You can't get enough Zelda, so you should get the collectors disk, I got it for 8 pounds

12. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Pick up a gamecube. It is the best out. Shame those lesser consoles are more popular.

If this turns into a console war, anyone participating can expect a 24-hour ban.
    I'm sick to death of pointless and unfounded arguments/squabbles that just run along the lines of "My console is better than yours because my dad says so". You've all been warned.

13. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Right now, XBox is the hottest system out there

And 99.9% of that is because of Halo 2.

14. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, it is true that Xbox is really popular because of Halo 2. It was Halo one that made people actually LOOK at an Xbox LOL. But Xbox does have: MechAssault, and Ninja Gaiden.

Of course I could be wrong, but I believe Ninja Gaiden was only realeased for Xbox correct?

:)

15. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Mario Golf rules.

16. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I bought a gamecibe way back when it first came out and just recently bought and X-box becuase i was dissapointed with some of the major titles i had been hopeing for.

Metroid Prime- couldn't get into it

Reble Strike- didn't like the ground mission stuff

Windy Zelda- didn't like the cellshading, and in the end just couldn't get into the gameplay with it looking like that.

Star Fox: Dinasour Planet- Don't get me started on this one, its just too painful of a memory.

Havest Moon: Its a wWnderful life- probably the game I wanted the most that was acctualy realssed and in the end, I barly made it through a year in game time, I just couldn't do it, there where so many things wrong with that game it wasn't even funny.

Perfect Dark Zero/Two/Whatever it doesn't matter cause its not happening-yeah i'm a little ticked bout that one still.

On that note there are lots of great games out there for Cube Super Smash bro's, rouge leader, all the mario stuff , X-box just offers me more bang for my buck is all.

17. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    You already have a PS2 right, Hawk?

Yeah. Most of the titles on XBOX make it to PS2 with little difference. I am a really big fan of Mario, Zelda and Metroid and would consider getting it just for these games. I saw both for $20-$30 AUS second hand and could pick up a Gamecube for around $80. Not a bad investment when you consider I spent $400 for the PS2 not including the memory card, adapter and games!

18. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    Definately get a cube.

If you have 3 buddies to play with you, I suggest looking at Mario Party. I have more fun playing than that than I do Halo 2 any day.

19. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    I would wholeheartedly recommend a GC.

20. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, I'd say go ahead and get one. But when you do, don't expect hordes of games for it. There are a good number of awesome games for the Cube, but they don't come out very often. In fact, I haven't bought a Cube game in about eight months. Though, that's gonna change when I buy Metroid Prime 2 here shortly.

21. Pizza_the_Hutt456123

Pizza_the_Hutt456123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    The only reason i bought a Gamecube was so i could play Wind Waker (if you do buy a GC, i suggest buying that game) but good GC games are few, but they are out there.

P.S. Donkey Konga kicks @$$

22. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Thanks all for the advice. What's paper Mario like? Is it just an RPG or a new platform game? It looked interesting.

23. Pizza_the_Hutt456123

Pizza_the_Hutt456123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2004
    Paper Mario 2, judging by the first game for the 64, looks to be an awesome game. it's a platformer, and the graphics look really great

24. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Really? I've heard it is an RPG. Not really into games where battles are random.

25. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    I'd say go for it, a gamecube isn't bad at all in my opinion. I don't really care for it however games like resident evil 4, metroid prime 1&2, and the new zelda game make me want to go buy one. Do you like the resident evil series Hawk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.