main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, is Anakin now the most powerful being?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DBZGTKOSDH, Sep 26, 2014.

1. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Or at least going to be?

The movies show us that Anakin, the Chosen One, has the potential to become the most powerful Jedi or Sith. Then, in the Clone Wars, we see the Father (the most powerful of the 3, who controls both light & dark side of the Force), the Daughter, and the Son, who are powerful Force Wielders with "godly" abilities, and we learn that the Chosen One was born to replace the Father & control the Daughter & the Son, implying that he can also become obtain "godly" abilities as well. Finally, we learn that Yoda is meant to teach the Chosen One the path to immortality, aka the Force Ghost ability. We've seen that Force Ghosts can physically interact (Obi-Wan in RotJ) and can also use the Force (Qui-Gon in TCW), but apparently, it is forbidden for them to interfere in the problems of the living world.

So, wouldn't that mean that Anakin can achieve the same level of power the Father had, since he seem to have the potential for it, and he knows well both the light & the dark sides of the Force, while being immortal on top of that? Thoughts?

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Emperor has "struck him down" (even if he took a while to die" but Anakin is now "More powerful than you can possibly imagine" - like Obi-Wan.

3. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    TCW is such a stupid show.

GGrievous likes this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The true meaning behind Mortis has never been explained; "I am neither Sith nor Jedi. I am much more, and so are you." is a very interesting line. We already know from TPM that Anakin is/was a vergence of the Force, but the Father somewhat explains the task of the Chosen One is far greater than what the Jedi understand; I think, this is my opinion, Anakin replacing the Father - to control the Son and Daughter - is probably a metaphor to explain only the Chosen One has the power to control both light and dark. No one else.

cwustudent, Krueger and Lady_Misty like this.
  5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Ghost Obi-Wan did some significant interfering in the OT.

6. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/352618406517809153

LOLWUT?!
    Contradiction in the same sentence.

Anyways, the answer to the question is no. Given the nature of the Ones, especially the father, who are literal manifestations of the force IIRC, I think Anakin would at best be just as powerful, not the most powerful, due to being conceived by that idea/concept of the force that I shall not even dare to speak of.

7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I believe that Anakin was more powerful than any known Force Senstive but Yoda and Sidious were powerful in their own right. If Anakin hadn't been maimed and had trained I am sure he would have been nigh on unstoppable.

8. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    No. The father is the most powerful force sensitive according to Leland Chee.

https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/352618406517809153

vong333 likes this.
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think the point of the Saga in part is to show that basically all the Force-Sensitive main players' perceptions of Anakin were inaccurate. He is powerful but nowhere near God status.

10. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Well, if you look at GM Luke, who pretty much achieved his father's potential, he is almost a literal god. XD
    But that's non-canon so I can't bring that in right?

The only thing about his power levels is:

1:40--"You will not stop me. Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"
    According to the Saga.
    An admission straight from Sidious too.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin over time would become a very powerful Force user, but his injuries prevent that. He would be like Palpatine, able to do many things with the Force with great ease.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    GL said Darth Vader was at the level of Maul and Dooku, basically 80% of Sidious.

Marco1907 likes this.
  13. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    No. He's dead.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Though I agree with that statement, where did he say that?

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Godly? I don't think so. But even then, I assume it's limited to the realm of Mortis, if I understood correctly.

Where do we learn that?

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

"Anakin, as Skywalker, as a human being, was going to be extremely powerful, but he ended up losing his arms and a leg and became partly a robot. So a lot of his ability to use the Force, a lot of his powers, are curbed at this point, because, as a living form, there’s not that much of him left. So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he’s maybe 20 percent less than the Emperor. So that isn’t what the Emperor had in mind. He wanted this really super guy, but that got derailed by Obi-Wan. So he finds that, with Luke, he can get a more primo version if he can turn Luke to the dark side."

--George Lucas, quoted in J. Windolf, “Star Wars: The Last Battle,” Vanity Fair, 2005

"And when he finds out Luke is his son, his first impulse is to figure out a way of getting him to join him to kill the Emperor. That's what Siths do! He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that."

--George Lucas, Rolling Stones Interview, 2005.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it's a reference to the Yoda arc of TCW Season 6.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I don't recall that ever being stated in the Yoda arc.

19. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    It could be something that was taken as an implication.

20. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Where?

Well, it seems the were only allowed to give advice & instructions. For example, Obi-Wan & Yoda couldn't assist Luke against Vader & Sidious. That's the kind of interfering that I'm talking about, or rather, that the movies imply.

One of the ghosts said "But why him?" referring to Yoda, and another said "He is to teach the one who will save the universe from a great imbalance." (episode 12 of season 6, around the 6 minutes of the episode). Isn't that a reference to the Chosen One?

21. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I don't know I would use the word "godly," and I think being on a planet like Mortis enhances one's Force-power beyond what Anakin would experience in the ordinary galaxy. But yeah, if it hadn't been for losing all his limbs, I think that as he grew older and more experienced he would have been so much more powerful than everyone else that the semantics hardly matter.

Of course, raw power isn't in and of itself the most important thing. Even if he had reached that point, I suspect that he would have continued to have flawed priorities and make irrational choices based on his emotions, meaning that he wouldn't exactly be unstoppable up against someone with more experience and a more level-headed - as we see with the "high ground" scene in RotS, it's not your power and skill that matter if you're going to make a dumb decision.

22. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moving to Star Wars TV

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I believe it's a reference to Luke. While Anakin is the Chosen One and ends up fulfilling the prophecy, Luke (trained by Yoda) is the catalyst.

Also, the priestess says " "He is to teach the one who will save the universe from a great imbalance."

A small but significant detail.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It is reference to Luke, yes.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Said the one in Star Wars Tv.

shingi_70 likes this.