main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So, is Anakin now the most powerful being?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DBZGTKOSDH, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Force Ghost

Force Ghost Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2014
    No. False

Plagueis even feared the creation of the Choosen One.

His creation was the Forces response to the Dark Side meddling in areas they shouldn't have been.

2. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    Anakins skill level was on par with almost all of the Masters. His connection to the Force was so strong, that even lacking the more advanced training, he was able to keep pace with or even surpass the majority of the serving Masters.

As a Padawan, he was the equal of many Knights.

The Masters were waiting on more maturity. More patience. More calm. For Anakin to master his fear. His skill was never the issue.

I believe it's one of the main reasons they paired him with Ahsoka Tano. To help someone with almost all of his same character flaw/strengths to connect with the Force and in the process refine his own.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    After everything we've learned from TCW, I don't think you can compare Anakin to normal Force users in the Jedi Order or Sith. To me, I feel I need to separate Anakin and put him closer to The Ones, Five Priestesses and other non Jedi/Sith Force users or wielders.

4. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    And? No one said Yoda would teach him in order to bring balance, just that he will teach the one who will bring balance.

5. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I was mostly thinking of the (now no longer canon, of course) bit in Clone Wars Gambit: Siege where Anakin uses the Force to hold back an ion storm and Obi-Wan says that he's not sure Yoda could have done the same thing for as long. Even assuming that Obi-Wan wasn't being hyperbolic, though, I still think Yoda has more control than Anakin - at this point, Anakin can harness the Force like that out of instinct, fear or anger, but might not be able to replicate the same feat, whereas Yoda's ability to connect with the Force is more stable.

Similarly, I agree that Anakin might have more power than Mace, but Mace has more fine control and more experience in using that power effectively.

6. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    To me, that implies that he's gonna teach him before he brings balance to the force, not right after that fact.

7. DBZGTKOSDH

Aug 31, 2013
    Well, the only one that Yoda taught this to before the restoration of balance to the Force was Obi-Wan, and maybe Obi-Wan played a key role in the whole incident, saying that he brought balance to the Force isn't true.

8. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Well, technically speaking I think Qui-Gon taught Obi-Wan, not Yoda. Otherwise he wouldn't have gone to talk to Qui-Gon in the end of ROTS. XD

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Star Wars diehard fanboys don't like an individual to have "God Like" abilities. To them, its like, it defeats the purpose of the Empire, the Rebels and whatever. The Mortis Trilogy is very symbolic for many known and unknown reasons, and to be honest I don't want to know everything. I want to know that this happened and was taken care of. The Father, not only can touch the blade of a lightsaber, he returned it to the unlit state. He also has wings that allow him to fly, the only charatcer to fly without a jet pack, or transformation. To me Mortis, The father, daughter and son existed and are very powerful.....too bad that the Darth Pleguis novel isno longer canon as it solidified that aspect that certain sith lords had the ability to fly, become invisible or bend time. (Page 249).

The Father is the most powerful.

10. DBZGTKOSDH

Aug 31, 2013
    True. Silly me. :p

11. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Actually, I've met some diehard fanboys that don't mind someone like God-like Luke at all. They only don't like the Father, or the Ones. But Luke beat Abeloth who beat the Son and Daughter so...

XD

*hides as people yell at me for bringing in the EU*

12. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    You brought up a good point and one that this thread has avoided. One can never truly tell what Lucas says because he changes his mind. No sequel trilogy and now we have one coming up. The force feats are hard to discuss because canon is now the movies and TCW and within that frame The Father according to Leeland maybe the most powerful, but Maul accomplished a feat that I had not seen anyone do and that is get cut up and fall from god knows how high from and surivive and reform. Then you have Mother Talzoin, and wow she could teleport and well you figure it out. Palps never levetiated up at the end of ROTJ when he was thrown down the shaft.

Vorax likes this.
  13. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Luke was very powerful in the old canon.....but they killed and it.

14. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Oh and this guy pretty much sums it up perfectly imo.
    http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/luke-skywalker-in-the-eu-overpowered/99906/

15. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    Am I the only one that thinks Disney can sit and spin for trying to tell me everything I've read in 20 years "isn't cannon" anymore?!

The only reason I'm not more angry is because I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude. I full expect them to ruin the franchise.

To me, the cannon I know and grew up with will always be cannon! I don't want or need them telling me that Grand Master Mickey Mouse was the most powerful Jedi ever, just so they can sell a few more tickets to Disney World or stuffed animals.

Why aren't people more pissed?!

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Force Ghost

They might still put stuff back into canon you know. And I'm saying that because I really liked the Mandalorian stuff in the EU. And Lucasfilm has more control then Disney does. They just pay them and air the show on their channel.

How many people have actually read the EU anyway? In all seriousness I mean.

And there's no point getting mad over it, the show has a good feel to it already. If you've seen the movie/episode thing that is. If you don't like what they are doing, don't watch it.

Anyway, can we get back on topic please?

17. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    Lots of people have read EU! If they hadn't why would they have kept pumping out novels! Lol

And I don't have any issues with Disney. It was a good business move. Star Wars is a cash cow.

I just think it's kind of nuts to erase years of published works just to make your new product more important. Just my opinion tho.

Moving on.....

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I've read a little bit. But I'm not sure everyone here has. Ah whatever lol.

Yeah, that's very true.

There was so much in the EU though. Maybe they just felt overhwelmed?

But yep, let's move on.

19. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Regarding the OP, Anakin had the potential to become "the most powerful being" since The Father considered him the only possible candidate to replace him. In terms of actualized ability, The Father remains supreme. Anakin's Mortis feat was a context and locational-specific occurrence that was never replicated elsewhere; that's why he's able to bring two literal Force titans to their knees and yet, in the real world, still get his butt handed to him by Count Dooku who, while an extremely powerful Sith, is no Force titan.

20. Force Ghost

Sep 25, 2014
    He got his "butt handed to him" while he was a padawan. And even then he put up more of a fight than Obiwan.

Just sayin

skygawker likes this.
  21. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Yeah, the butt-handing (so to speak) definitely went the other way around in Revenge of the Sith.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    He out fought Obi Wan while up against Dooku, the fight was even longer but it was cut down. Dooku had to use two sabers against him at one point in the cut material. Their 2nd fight, he dominated the duel once Obi Wan was knocked outve it(again). His duel against Obi Wan was pretty much a stalemate but he had Obi Wan on the defensive most of time. Why he tried to jump over him like that at the end, only Lucas could tell you. What Obi Wan did to Anakin, Maul shouldve did to Kenobi. I guess Lucas must of thought it was ironic and funny. But thats his storytelling.

23. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Touche.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    To this day, I still find it bizarre.

25. Solent

Solent Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2001
    Where? Because he was getting his ass handed to him in the Bantam books time and again by people with less than half his potential, and often inferior training. He was competent in the NJO, but after Denning took charge he begun to struggle a lot with the same problems.