main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX So... is anything actually going on in the area?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Moontyger42, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Moontyger42

Moontyger42 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2014
    Not to be difficult or anything, but with the new movies and books and everything, I'd actually really expected to see an active fan community again, but it seems like there isn't one? I was kind of hoping for meetings or events or something. If there's just nothing then I guess that's how it is, but I thought maybe it couldn't hurt to ask. Or maybe other people are interested again if it just kind of all died away?

It's a good time to be a Star Wars fan!

2. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Yes it is! I'm in Chattanooga, so I can't help with your area getting active again directly, but I think that as we get closer to the movies coming out, more and more people will be looking for a local fan group. If you ever get to the point of having a meeting or event, please PM me and I'll announce it on the Fanforce facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FanForce that I'm hoping will gain more likes and be a good source for keeping everyone up to date on stuff. Good luck!!

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  4. Moontyger42

Moontyger42 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2014
    All right, do you have any way for someone not on Facebook to see these events? Because I'm not and won't be, so it would be nice if there were a more accessible alternative. Kind of crappy if I can't do Star Wars fan stuff just because I hate Facebook...

I tried to send a message to the website I found asking this same question, but it bounced, so I had assumed the group was defunct.

Thanks for answering!